Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
So, thanks to you people and your incessant name dropping, I have stumbled across my latest sonic obsession...:)

I've spent the last few days listening to Broadcast, The Focus Group, Advisory Circle, Pye Corner Audio, etc, and i love it all. the downside is that physical copies seem almost impossible to acquire in the US, and i was wondering if anyone know of US based outlets that i could order this label's output from.

I'd love to grab a few hard copies of some of their output since A> i prefer physical medium anyway, and B. i LOVE the design work on these. (and those awesome 7" splits are really cool)

Anyway, if anyone has any insight, i would greatly appreciate it.

By DrRhythm
You could try Mount Analog - Moon Wiring Club is another thing from the same gang that you should check out (their website is a thing of beauty).
By philball1974
Discogs will probably be your best bet. I know advisory circle sell out fast.
By Hatter313
yeah the problem with discogs is almost every seller is from the UK or Europe, and as we all know international shipping has become a BEAST. I went to order a few things off their website directly, but shipping was almost $60. oh well, i'll keep looking. thanks!
By Dollarhyde
I picked up black mill tapes 3+4 after the many recommendations here a while ago. It really has grown on me from being a good record to an awesome record.

Hence am now in the same boat as you hatter, all be it in the UK.
Thanks to philball and others for spreading the knowledge.

What's a good starter for the advisory circle?
By philball1974
Problem is what can you still get hold of at a fair price. Do you like the Jon brooks solo projects? If so I'd recommend picking up something with the Belbury Poly and Advisory Circle like 'study series 8'

Also a new AC drops in December on ghost box
By Hatter313
those study series minis are great, thankfully all of this stuff is available digitally, so at least i can listen to it. I just love the whole world they've created over there.
By philball1974
Yeah its a great project and great music.

If you don't have it I would highly recommend tracking down a copy of Shapwick.
By Charlie13
Plinths Smalls lighthouse and Jon Brooks latest 52 lp are also worth a listen
By philball1974
Yes to both of those. Smalls lighthouse is an excellent package as well, with the book and the story. Also you can look on google earth and look at the location, makes the music play out like a real life news story. Great stuff
By Charlie13
You're right. Reading the story to Smalls Lighthouse while listening to record really does add another layer to the music. And with Clay Pipe the cds are just as beautifully packaged as the vinyl.
By siforster
A Fondness For Fancy Hats is one of my favourite records of the past 12 months, and the other great thing with MWC is the artwork that comes with each release is superb. Gets a bit confusing when the same album on a different format turns out to be a different record though :)
By siforster
The Smalls Lighthouse story was on QI the other week :D
By philball1974
@spun was mentioned only a few posts above you! Although I suppose I didn't explucity say now on ore order!

I for one will be having this!
By philball1974
Already done, thankfully it was up before my amnesty (see other post)

For those interested in what ghost box do I'd probably jump on this release too!