Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By phantomnoir
Before Death Waltz and One Way Static, there was this German record label. They released great titles in the 90's. Anyone knows what they're up to?

I own some of their releases, such as the 4 Crippled Masters 7"s:

Share your love for this label here.
By DrRhythm
I have a feeling there is a Diggler Records connection but that might be wrong - http://www.diggler.de/main.htm

Great label anyway, especially the Birds Do It compilation.
By deafmetal
I have a couple of their releases deep in the storage vault somewhere. Did they also release the Russ Meyer soundtrack vinyls?
By Volzom Zofbie
Even Funki Porcini released an awesome 12" on Crippled Dick in 1999

Flesheater Boulevard / Fulci On The Rocks.

- Killer funky stuff for Fulci fans.
By deafmetal
I have the Beat At Cinecitta vinyl, but totally missed out on that Funki Porcini!
By phantomnoir
@deafmetal, the Russ Meyer soundtracks came from another German record label called QDK Media.

Speaking of CDHW, the Beretta 70 compilation is essential!

By Alekspectre
Got the Vampyros Lesbos picture disc, and some others, when I was living in Brussels back in the 90's, a great time :)
By phantomnoir
I love the Jerry Cotton 2xLP comp.

And this Jerry Van Rooyen record!

By jgibbs4053
i thought this topic was about something completely different..
By deafmetal
I will have to go digging soon to pull out all the CDHW titles I picked up in the mid-90's. I have another picture disc on that label that I can't remember the title of. I was working in a record store at the time, and I would stock that label in my "Sleazy Listening" section.
By Whip Wilson
Beretta 70 will cure what ails you.
By Alekspectre
The Picture disc is maybe called "Schulmadchen Report", no ?
By deafmetal
[quote=38552]The Picture disc is maybe called “Schulmadchen Report”, no ?[/quote]

That's the one.
By Volzom Zofbie
Shake Sauvage - French Soundtracks 1968-1973

Easily my favourite Crippled Dick and highly recommended for acid heads. Insane psychedelic loungecore compilation. The stuff David Holmes would use in a mix.
Titles like "Haschisch Party", "African King" and "L.S.D. Party" .., what else do you want?
Scores 4.9 / 5 on Discogs.
By phantomnoir
Shake Sauvage is a good compilation, but also a rip-off the Stereo Ultra comp released 2 years before.

By Volzom Zofbie
phantomnoir, you seem to be an expert. What else would you recommend in the acid Shake Sauvage style?
I'm all ears and hoping for some extremely cool shit. What's your own personal jesus?
By Volzom Zofbie
Funky!

Not acid. Not horror. Just plain James Bondish tunes. Still killer.
Who said Funki Porcini? Or was it the other way around??
By Volzom Zofbie
Now we're talking...

Funki Porcini vs. Jerry Van Rooyen.

Not Crippled Dick Hot Wax, still the shit.

By deafmetal
I have that LP, VZ, and it's incredibly good. I'm a big Funki Porcini fan.
By phantomnoir
@Volzom Zofbie, I'm not really an expert, I just followed CDHW a lot back then.

However, as far as suggestions go, I would recommend this great 7" reissued by Vadim Music a few years ago. It's the soundtrack to Marcel Camus' "Le Temps Fou".

The best track is "La Drogue".

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUq6wLSRQNk[/video]

You can find it on discogs.
By Volzom Zofbie
@phantomnoir, thanks for this recommendation. Sounds ace! Went straight to my wantlist.
@deafmetal, also a big Mr. Mushroom fan. Have all his records except a few 12" from Head Phone Sex. A shame his recent works only are released as downloads.
By Volzom Zofbie
Swinging Themes from Thrilling German Crime Films (1966-1972)

Personally I'm having a minor "issue" with the title track. Rest of the record is quite awesome. Titles like Fu Manchu Theme, Murder Beat, Oriental Nights, White Cargo etc. etc. are setting the atmosphere - Great fun!
By phantomnoir
@Volzom Zofbie, this one is great. The title track is nice. What's your issue with it?