Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By deafmetal
@RedGoblin - I like how the "big discographic project" sounds. Hope it turns out how you want it to. Please post info about your book and project here if you could. Thanks!
By Red Goblin
AMS RSD 2017
NOTTURNO by GOBLIN
10 songs (3 bonus tracks), clear acid green vinyl, insert with rare movie memorabilia (thanks to your faithfull Red Goblin) and a new minimalistic cover (I had suggested a glow in the dark 'notturno' logo but I don't know if it will be so).
Attachments
notturno cover.jpg
notturno cover.jpg (19.58 KiB) Viewed 7083 times
By Mateo Sanboval
Thanks for the update, Red Goblin. I'm not familiar with this film or its score, but I'm fixing to get acquainted real quick like. It's always good to check in and find an update to this thread.
By Bezulsqy
texasvinyl wrote:Hey red goblin how do you go about getting the AMS version in the nifty wooden box?
Out of interest (6 weeks later) but what nifty wooden box? For what record? Notturno?
By Red Goblin
The end of September will see the publication of Goblin's VOLO.
It's not a soundtrack but an album in a pop style with vocals.
This AMS release, faithful to the original one, is the first ever LP reissue in 35 years.
Attachments
volo.jpg
volo.jpg (427.77 KiB) Viewed 6354 times
By Red Goblin
The mighty Suspiria box (published by Cinevox with the support of AMS) will be released on October 31.
Very soon I will reveal the content of the box and even a few behind the scenes.
By Mateo Sanboval
Wow. Very interested to hear more about this box set from Red Goblin. It is (obviously) extremely limited. What's the bonus material? What's up with that tape in the picture? Will the "regular edition" contain the same music?
By Bezulsqy
Where did you find that Mateo?
edit - found it.

I really would like to know the price and where to buy it :-)
btf.it?

edit 2 - and found it again

249euro and indeed btf.it
By Bezulsqy
Forty is also the perfect age for a due celebration, observed by Cinevox and AMS Records with the creation of an unmissable commemorative boxset, available in two versions, a standard and a limited hand-numbered one produced in only 150 copies.

Both versions contain:
- a faithful reproductions of the original soundtrack in LP format (with 'gimmick' insert, identical to the first 1977 edition) and MC;
- a 10-inch LP with rare and unpublished tracks on clear red vinyl;
- a CD + DVD set: the CD contains the original soundtrack with bonus tracks, while the DVD carries a documentary with interviews with Dario Argento and Goblin;
- two 64-page books, in Italian and English language, with detailed analysis of "Suspiria" film and soundtrack, written by Fabio Capuzzo, one of the leading experts in the 'goblinian' and cinematographic matter around.

In addition, the limited 'peacock version' contains:
- a foam interior exclusive design with a carved "Suspiria" logo;
- a certificate of authenticity;
- an exclusive handcrafted 'peacock feather stiletto', reproducing an object handled by the protagonist Suzy in the final scenes of the movie!
a faithful reproductions of the original soundtrack in LP format (with 'gimmick' insert, identical to the first 1977 edition) and MC;

MC as in music cassette. so a reproduction of the orginal tape I guess

I am really excited about this. But it is so much money. And with everything else that is being released...
By Mateo Sanboval
Ah, thank you, Bez. MC had eluded me. Much appreciated. Great info as usual.
By Red Goblin
In October 2016 AMS’ boss contacted me asking if I had ideas to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Suspiria.
5 minutes later he had my answer:
a box with the faithful reproduction of the original LP and cassette, an EP 10” with unpublished tracks, a book with the story of the movie written by me, various gadgets including the reproduction of the peacock feather used by the protagonist to kill the witch. I also told him that I had hundreds of photos in my archives.

Cinevox, who was planning to only release the soundtrack on CD with attached a DVD including interviews with Goblin and Argento, embraced the project.

So I provided a first selection of photos, over a hundred images of lobby cards and posters from around the world that Cinevox intended to include in the DVD.

They gave me December to write the book. In twenty days the first draft of the book was ready. They asked me to make a few cuts because it was a bit too long. At the beginning of January the book was ready, I provided a text completely in Italian: vintage reviews of the film in French, Spanish and English were present in the first draft. Only in September they showed me the pdf of the books in Italian and in English. Incredibly both texts still had parts in Spanish, French and English so I translated by myself this sections and I made the necessary corrections to the main translation.

Regrets: very few of the pictures that I had selected were included in the book, they decided not to use almost all the about seventy very rare photos taken on the set of the film. Also Cinevox did not want to include any additional unreleased music from their archives, like the preliminary score and all the film versions.
Anyway, a luxurious box for Goblin and Argento’s fans.
By Bezulsqy
Thanks for the insight @RedGoblin

Can you answer the question if this box is worth the 250 euro? It is 100 more than the other version. Is the box and the replica peacock feather stilleto that well made?

I have to say it looks absolutely stunning! I just need some more to justify spending this much :-)
By ScoJo
Red Goblin wrote:In October 2016 AMS’ boss contacted me asking if I had ideas to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Suspiria.
5 minutes later he had my answer:
a box with the faithful reproduction of the original LP and cassette, an EP 10” with unpublished tracks, a book with the story of the movie written by me, various gadgets including the reproduction of the peacock feather used by the protagonist to kill the witch. I also told him that I had hundreds of photos in my archives.

Cinevox, who was planning to only release the soundtrack on CD with attached a DVD including interviews with Goblin and Argento, embraced the project.

So I provided a first selection of photos, over a hundred images of lobby cards and posters from around the world that Cinevox intended to include in the DVD.

They gave me December to write the book. In twenty days the first draft of the book was ready. They asked me to make a few cuts because it was a bit too long. At the beginning of January the book was ready, I provided a text completely in Italian: vintage reviews of the film in French, Spanish and English were present in the first draft. Only in September they showed me the pdf of the books in Italian and in English. Incredibly both texts still had parts in Spanish, French and English so I translated by myself this sections and I made the necessary corrections to the main translation.

Regrets: very few of the pictures that I had selected were included in the book, they decided not to use almost all the about seventy very rare photos taken on the set of the film. Also Cinevox did not want to include any additional unreleased music from their archives, like the preliminary score and all the film versions.
Anyway, a luxurious box for Goblin and Argento’s fans.
Thanks for all the background info and detail signor - always massively appreciated hear, the work and dedication which you put into making these re-issues etc something that a true fan can not resist!

One quick question - do you have any info about the 10" of unreleased material? Is that the 'preliminary score/film versions' which you mention that Cinevox didn't want to include? Must say, this would be the BIG draw for me with this edition!

Mille Grazie!! :)
By Mateo Sanboval
Well, RG, I couldn't say it any better than ScoJo did. You are an impressive sort of fellow and I love hearing about your involvement in these reissues. My goodness. I'm also quite curious about why Cinevox didn't want to include any of their unreleased music and, in turn, what is on the 10"?
By Red Goblin
I only saw the prototype of the feather and it was really impressive, it looked like the ones in the movie.
Attachments
fea.JPG
fea.JPG (98.95 KiB) Viewed 6083 times
By Red Goblin
Mateo,
the EP contains 9 extra tracks, the same included in the latest japanese CD.
Attachments
suspiria EP.jpg
suspiria EP.jpg (75 KiB) Viewed 6081 times
By Mateo Sanboval
Red Goblin wrote:Mateo,
the EP contains 9 extra tracks, the same included in the latest japanese CD.
Gracias amigo.