Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By maxvelvet

I open this thread since the most of you doesn't know that almost all the classic vinyl of the Goblin-Argento's catalogue (originally released by Cinevox) have been recently issued and reissued in the highest quality available by AMS Records; all vinyl are 180 grams (trust me, they sound GREAT and some of them were reissued in the original pressing plant!). Listed below are all the versions that I know, most of them are still available through BTF.it (click the album title for the links, where available).

Pre Goblin releases:

Cherry Five (1975) AMS LP 14

Reale Impero Britannico (1975) AMS LP 13

Profondo Rosso (1975) AMS LP 10

Also released in PURPLE VINYL:

and MULTICOLOR BLOOD VINYL LIMITED EDITION 666 numbered copies:

Roller (1976) AMS LP 17-PD (limited edition 300 copies)

Suspiria (1977) AMS LP 11 (black vinyl)

Suspiria (1977) AMS LP 11-P (purple vinyl)

Suspiria (1977) AMS LP 11- PD (limited edition 300 copies)

Zombi (1978) AMS LP 31 (first 300 copies with poster)

Il Fantastico Viaggio del Bagarozzo Mark (1978) AMS LP 12 (black vinyl)

Il Fantastico Viaggio del Bagarozzo Mark (1978) AMS LP 12-B (clear blue vinyl)

Patrick (1979) AMS LP 37

Buio Omega (1979) AMS LP 40 (black vinyl)

Also released in CLEAR TRANSPARENT VINYL:

and "Ultra Limited Edition Pink Blood Splatter Transparent Vinyl" (I think really few copies, maybe less of 10 and maybe just a test color pressing!)

(other pics and more info: http://cinephobic.forumfree.it/?t=64786386 )

Contamination (1980) AMS LP 39

Inferno (1980) AMS LP 34 (gatefold with poster)

Tenebre (1982) AMS LP 32

Non ho sonno (2001) AMS LP 33 (black vinyl)

Note about the black vinyl release: "Black vinyl with different back cover compared to the coloured editions. Now the history notes which were on the mega-poster are on the back cover."

Non ho sonno (2001) AMS LP 33 (colored vinyl)

Note: Released in five colours (red, white, blue, yellow and crystal), 100 copy for each colour. Wrong label side on red vinyl and maybe on other colors.

New GOBLIN - Live in Roma 2LP (2011) AMS LP 54

Note: "Live in Roma" has been pressed in a very limited edition of five different colours: red, yellow, crystal, clear orange and clear blue.

AMS Records is distributed by BTF Vinyl Magic (they are the same people) and if you want you can buy from their ebay store (seller: bonapartemusic2011).

;)
By monsterworship
This is the greatest thread, but makes me sad to know there are so many colored variations to collect :)
By maxvelvet
Thanks monsterworhip! ;)

I take the opportunity to be more specified about Buio Omega, I found further details about the limited color variant:

(thanks to: http://goblinsettenoteinrosso.blogspot.it/ which is also our friend here and the guru no.1 about Goblin!)

;)
By dannybos
If I do see copies floating around (forever black), I'm curious of their story in relation to the original pressings. Curiosity resolved. Nice work.
By thedeepness
This thread made me happy. It made my bank account angry (wife too if she finds out what I spent).
Why can't I just like shitty american music on CD, not great foreign music on vinyl that cost a ton to ship.
Oh well, can't wait for my package to arrive.
By Bub
Yeah been meaning to purchase some of these. Max, I bought the blood splatter Profondo Rosso a few months ago because I came across it on your blog! Mine doesn't have the yellow numbered sticker though. Kinda wish it did.
By monsterworship
Had to pick up suspiria on purple.
By maxvelvet
@bub: at the time that I bought Profondo Rosso I remember there were some copies around but just a few with the sticker... it's the damnation of collectionists! :(
Happy that my blog helped, I noticed that more than half of the visits are from the States, you greedy guys!!! :D

@monsterworship: yeah, go for purple, it is his own death! ;)

By tonyandrewgiles
This thread has made me so happy right now.

I also feel I'm about to go broke...
By maxvelvet
I take no responsability if any of you will end up living under a bridge... :D :D :D
By hncreature
So we all "know" Goblin and some of the releases above but how about for those who aren't that "deep" giving them a "where to start"...there is just SO much to choose from
By DISCOSUCKS...
I already live in a filthy cardboard box in the sewer - under a bridge would be a luxury for me!*

(*see "that monty python sketch"....)

;)
By maxvelvet
Ouch, in that case first Profondo Rosso (Deep Red) and second Suspiria. They are ALL unmissable releases for me, anyway not having this two it's a crime! It could be also a good start to buy first "Live in Roma", it's a kind of "best of" played divinely live! ;)
By maxvelvet
:D ...also because under the bridge is already too crowded!!! :D
By fluppeco
Yeah those 2 are essential, as much as the films themselves are. So don't forget to watch those also, Arrow Video has released a lot of them over the last 2 years only Suspiria is under a different label I think.

The prices at BTF are pretty fair. Added 3 more to the collection! and a Keith Emmerson.
By antimax
The prices are pretty good... but shipping to the states is exxxpensivvve! Anyone know of an American Distributor that carries these?
By DISCOSUCKS...
hahaha........true dat!

(although there are always top tunes and good conversation....if you can deal with the smell :P )
By brucechimp
That pop-up sleeve on the Suspiria lp is WILD! I neeeed it.
By Red Goblin
Thanks to Maxvelvet for this topic and for the link to my site.
The Suspiria pop up is the same as in the original pressing so I would opt for an original copy, unless you’re interested in the purple wax.
The same for the Profondo rosso LP, the price for an original copy or for a reissue is quite the same but the original Cinevox LP is one of the best sounding album of all the Italian discography, my copy still sounds superbly after hundreds of plays..
Cherry Five: the original edition is really, really expensive, last copy on ebay was sold for 5.000 euros. The best sounding edition is the Japanese one published in 1986, pretty expensive too, about 200 euro.
The price of 'Perchè si uccidono' is around 1.000 euros so the AMS is a very good choice.
Anyway here is my list of best AMS Goblin reissues :
Buio omega (the very first vinyl pressing for this album and my first collaboration with AMS, even if limited to the photos and the album credits).
Roller picture disc.
Profondo rosso blood splattered.
Nonhosonno (first edition on vinyl with a better cover but bad sound).

Stay tuned for some great (Goblin) surprises in the future by AMS ….!
By maxvelvet
Grazie a te Fabio! ;)
By albatard
this thread sucks...
just looked at it for the 1rst time, and ended up ordering for 184 € on some italian website...now i'm broke, thanks!
By Deadite
No doubt. I ordered a bunch last night and spent WAY too much. But this is Goblin and pretty much essential, so i dont feel too bad about it :P
By albatard
Yeah you're right...even if this time i ordered records i don't consider essential (as Il Fantastico Viaggio... or the live in Roma) just to add them to my collection...well that's too late anyway!

I wonder what are the great surprises Red Goblin is talking about, would love to get La via della droga released as a LP!
By maxvelvet
Well done guys! :D

But "Il Fantastico Viaggio..." it's more than essential, one of their best album, of course it isn't a soundtrack (even if the song "Notte" was used for Romero's Wampyr (Martin). The album was the first one with vocals (in italian) but despite the really low sales at the time it remains a classic prog album, I love it! ;)

Live In Roma it's another essential buy, even if the line-up it isn't the original, it is really good played and with a lot of the 70's flavour! ;)