Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Dust Bug Records
Hi All

I'd like to introduce to you our first release over here at Dust Bug HQ, its with great pleasure we are making available again the long out of print 1974 release "Hammer presents Dracula with Christopher Lee" on vinyl once again.
I first heard this album back in 1974 at a Harrogate Hi Fi fair where B&0 were using this as a reference disc. It stayed with me ever since and I'm glad to make it available once again in the format it deserves.

This limited edition is available only from www.dustbugrecords.com .

Here is the info about the release - I 'm sure most of you are already familiar with it.

Unavailable on vinyl since its release in 1974, Dust Bug Records is proud to present this special Limited Edition 40th Anniversary 180 g vinyl pressing of Hammer Presents Dracula with Christopher Lee.
+
Side one features the horrifying story of vampirism with spine- chilling sounds, and music composed by James Bernard and narration by Christopher Lee. Side 2 features The Four Faces Of Evil music suite: Fear In The Night: She: The Vampire Lovers; and Dr. Jekyll and Sister Hyde. Music arranged and conducted By Philip Martell.

We've gone back to the original 1/4 inch tapes to bring you the best sound possible.

+
100% analogue- Dust Bug Records is proud to confirm that this record has been cut on vintage analogue equipment. A DIGITAL- FREE PROCESS.

The signal path is Studer A80 Mk1 tape recorder > RCA BA 6A limiter> EMI RS56 Curvebender EQ> Pultec EQP 1A> EMI REDD series valve disc cutting desk> Neumann VMS 70 cutting lathe with SX74 stereo cutter head.

Cut at midnight by candlelight for maximum enjoyment.

180 g vinyl

100% Analogue

Gatefold sleeve

Mist enshrouded blood infused virgin vinyl.

Limited to 500 numbered copies only!

Dust Bug Records will be unearthing other gems from the past- not only soundtracks..but we thought that this would be of interest to you all. We hope to be shipping early- mid November, but you can pre-order now!!
By phantomnoir
Awesome! Can you please upload soundclips?
By Occhionero
THIS could be my holy grail!
By toosoonjunior
Any chance this will have US distribution? Possible through Light in the Attic?
By texasvinyl
How did you decide what music to include? I think this score is about an hour long in its entirety. I'd be interested in a double LP with just the score and not the dialogue.
By baphomet
Just purchased, thanks, keep the horror coming and good luck.
By The Cult Leader
Yeah this is an auto cop if it gets some US distribution. Light In The Attic??
By Dollarhyde
Really intrigued by your all analogue approach, will this be taken for future releases too?

By Whip Wilson
Welcome! This looks to be an interesting listen. I like the format; it reminds me of records I inherited as a child that were story/music. Especially thank you for detailing your mastering process and information on the source material. I wish we got more information like this from record labels here, even when the sources aren't analog originals like this one. It's fascinating stuff.
By hncreature
+1 with Cult and toosoon
By tonyandrewgiles
I have an original press of this & it's freaking awesome.

Well worth picking up if you don't have it.

The Christopher Lee narration is just outstanding.
By Dust Bug Records
Hi Dollarhyde

Yes..if possible all original tapes and using a 100% pure analogue signal path. If its vinyl it should be analogue !
By Dust Bug Records
Hi Texasvinyl

Nope..this is a reissue of the 1974 album. Side one - the story narrated by Christopher Lee, and side 2 a music suite- Always was a single album!
By Dust Bug Records
At present this limited edition is only available via the dust bug site.
By Dust Bug Records
We totally agree..they just don't make 'em like this anymore!
By layneharvey
hey Dust Bug! any ideas on if your LEGEND OF THE 7 GOLDEN VAMPIRES release will have US distribution? or maybe if One Way Static will be able to distribute a few copies as they did with Dracula? i am dying for this, but in the US, i would end up paying $54 direct from you guys because of currency conversion woes. i would really appreciate any info you can give us on this. thanks, dudes! really top notch release selection so far. please keep bringing us hammer titles!
By Dust Bug Records
Hi

Thanks for the kind words! We are expecting stock early August and no doubt copies will find their way over to you as per Drac but we can't guarantee how many at this stage.
By Dust Bug Records

This brings us to the second release on Dust Bug the long awaited sister album to Dracula, the Peter Cushing narrated "The Legend of The 7 Golden Vampires" which makes its vinyl appearance 40 plus years after it first appeared in the UK record stores.

Released in 1974 in the UK only as a new spin on the soundtrack album, the Peter Cushing narrated “ The Legend Of The 7 Golden Vampires” made its brief appearance in the racks of record stores and then vanished. Unavailable on vinyl for over 40 years and now a real collectors item…Dust Bug have unearthed this second gem of a release to sit next to the previous Dust Bug release- Hammer Presents Dracula with Christopher Lee (now sold out) A great retro release of good days gone by and a must for all Hammer fans.

To pre-order your copy visit the Dust Bug site:

www.dustbugrecords.com.

We are expecting stock early August.

180 g vinyl, 500 numbered copies only, black belt and blood red marble vinyl.

Hammer presents Dracula with Christopher Lee is now SOLD OUT! You can find a few copies on Discogs and ebay.