Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By deepfocusrecords
Hey guys,

I just wanted to introduce the label and let you know what we have in store... our debut is something fairly different.

Our first release is a 2 LP set of audio horror/suspense stories from the Tales From Beyond series (Glass Eye Pix): The Hole Digger by Larry Fessenden and Trawler by Glenn McQuaid.

No firm release date yet, but we're shooting to have it available before Halloween. More info on the release at the Deep Focus site http://deepfocusrecords.com/news/

Thanks!
By toosoonjunior
Hmm, this sounds like an interesting addition to the circle! Love the art teasers...looks promising!

Welcome! :)
By Purplemule74
I love spoken record stories. I'll still spin the classic Power Records or something like Stephen King's 'The Fly' from time-to-time.

Thanks for making yourself known Deep Focus!
By deepfocusrecords
Thanks for the encouraging words! I look forward participating in the community and will be sure to update everyone when there's news.
By philball1974
Welcome to STBC,

Good luck with the releases.
By Hatter313
oh very cool, looking forward to this.
By abedunk
As of this weekend: "Production started last week... we hope to have the pre-order and release date very soon!"
By karswell
Interesting..very interesting
By Purplemule74
The two LP set doesn't happen to come with transcript of the audio play? I'd love to read along as I listen to the audio.
By Hardrain02
Those clips sound great. Ill be jumping on this as soon as the pre orders up. Cant wait.
By deepfocusrecords
You know, that was something we considered, but ended up not doing it. I was even thinking about having it done as a specially illustrated booklet. I appreciate the input. We'll certainly consider that for future releases.
By Purplemule74
@Deepfocusrecords: Thank you for the response!

I would definitely be willing to pay a little extra for future releases that come with a transcript of the audio play and an illustrated booklet would be fantastic.

It would be cool to team up with someone like IDW (comics) to publish a two or three issue comic covering the audio play, with a cd insert in maybe the 3rd issue. As a comic book guy, I would eat this stuff up.
By phantomnoir
[quote=32937]@Deepfocusrecords: Thank you for the response!<p abp="371">

<p abp="372">I would definitely be willing to pay a little extra for future releases that come with a transcript of the audio play and an illustrated booklet would be fantastic.
[/quote]

same here.
By reelybored
@purplemule74 please elaborate further on Mr. king's 'The Fly'

I love horror/halloween/old radio spoken word, have me a few on vinyl and am always looking to expand on my collection. Im already signed up to receive preorder details on this release :-)
By palmat
Sounds really awesome and brings back a whole lot of childhood memories of listening to spoken record stories growing up in the 80's. Going to be interesting to pick this up and give it a spin. Looking forward to this!
By Purplemule74
@Reelybored -

Sorry, that was a misquote on my part. I was thinking of the cover of cd, rather than the actual title.

Stephen King's 'The Mist' was released on cd years ago as an audio dramatization. Pic:

By reelybored
^ah gotcha! I went crazy looking for a stephen king dramatization on lp lol
By toosoonjunior
Heads up, folks...The witching hour fast approaches!

By toosoonjunior
Good question. The email says they're located in Florida, but the About Us page on their website says Vancouver, WA, so who knows. :)

I doubt these will sell out super quickly, due to being such a niche, but I could be wrong. Tis the season after all.
By The Cult Leader
For collectors who like to get low numbers, they will be mailed out on a first come first serve basis.

Order Number: #00001

Looks like I got the first one... Sweet