Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Spun out of control
These guys...

PRIV4TE

Couldn't see a dedicated official or unofficial 'thread' elsewhere on the site, but forgive me if I'm wrong...

Have seen a few releases up on DW and elsewhere - and am aware of their competing version of City of the Living Dead - although the official site doesn't seem to tell us much about this outfit?
By philball1974
Priv4te are cool, had a few items from them direct.

The releases they put out are good.

*Edited to try and hide stupidity!
By Spun out of control
@philball1974

Must be being thick... couldn't find a dedicated Discogs 'store', just a listing for the label and its releases?

Also confused about the relationship between Eaten Alive (Priv4te) and Cannibal Ferox (OWS) scores sharing some of the same tracks... this been cleared up? :)

By NathanLurker
Eaten Alive and Cannibal Ferox share some tracks from the same composition sessions but they each have other different tracks as well yeah. I think it's worth having both.

I don't think there's an actual official discogs seller for Priv4te, I've never seen one, but orders would be made by contacting Janis at his email, which is on the contact page of the priv4te website.
By philball1974
It is I who is being thick! Ive gone to discogs from their site before and bought not paying attention that its just from the marketplace!
By oaxaca
About time Private / Priv4te / Stella / whatever you want to call them (:p) had their own thread on here. They've put out some brilliant soundtracks over the past year or so. Snap 'em up while you still can, if you haven't already :) Music wise my favourite so far is Mangiati Vivi, prefer it to Ferox too, but Concorde Affaire '79 may change that!
By Spun out of control
Have sent 'em a couple of emails that have so far gone unanswered these past couple of weeks... so good to hear other forum members have had more positive dealings - will persevere with this Janis guy, as seems like they have some intriguing titles just on the right side of kitsch...
By Hoodini
I really love Stella released !!!
i enjoyed all their dropping so far, great artworks that are close to the original posters, dope bonus, excellent pressing, the bomb !
Plus Janis is really a nice guy ; iam broke, but i cant wait to buy what i miss :)
keep it gangsta G ;)
By chandler75
If you write info@priv4te.com and ask to be added to the mailing list, you will get notifications when new stuff is available to order.
By RougeGorge
I'm waiting for my Concord's shipping notification.
By texasvinyl
Your order (Stelvio Cipriani - Concorde Affaire '79,...) has been dispatched. ✈ ✈ ✈

Can't wait for this one!
By flapdoodle
I just received Concorde Affaire, it was one white vinyl! Very good, I love all this Stelvio Cipriani stuff. Now I just need someone to release 'Nightmare City', which is my favourite Cipriani score.
By Spun out of control
Managed to finally get my hands on a couple of their releases.

Have been enjoying the Great Alligator on clear vinyl and Eaten Alive on good old fashioned black... prefer the latter to the Cannibal Ferox album actually (more variety/tracks), though I haven't had a bad release from One Way Static either
By revolver
dropped my order for Sex Fever on Friday, hopefully I'll have my first PINK album in my collection. From what I can gather the album art is Amazing!
By Spun out of control
In two minds about 'Sex Fever', despite the so-cheesy-it's-great title...

What few snippets I've heard sound funky but I do wonder if giving away a vibrator with each vinyl is stroke of genius or a gimmick too far...!

Whatever next?
By Se.Vero
has anybody of you guys received their "sex fever" o.s.t. yet?

well, i got my 2 variant copies yesterday, but due to horrible packaging both records are warped like hell, and the covers got some serious scuffs and scratches from vibrator rub.
that's the way the records were stacked on each other inside the cardboard sleeve without any additional protection, the two vibrators sandwiched between them. no wonder they got bent and warped.

examples of scuff & scratch

"nice" bonus: poster with donkey ear.

i seriously hope yours arrive in better condition! if you are unlucky like me, don't hope for replacements or any kind of apologies.
this was the answer by the label owner:

"
Hi Sebastian, the release is completely sold out - you can return the records for a full refund.
send them to this address:

XXXXX

best
Jay
"

all i can say is that if i had a records label (one of my life dreams), and was doing a highly collectible release of only 200 copies, i would put a little more effort and care in for both the vinyl and customers.
By Spun out of control
A complaint about 'vibrator rub' (!)

Bet that's not something we thought we'd ever witness in this forum. ;)

On a serious note though, my sympathies, if the records are damaged that's mightily annoying.
By chandler75
This was actually one of the reasons I didn't order this - I had a feeling, based on the packaging of the other releases, that including a vibrator (or is it a dildo?) couldn't possibly be good for the record...

(That, and I wouldn't know what to do with the vibrator).
By kochane
My copy of sex fever came today - everything looks good but yeah not sure what to do with the vibratory. I could give it to my gf but not sure what her thoughts would be on that ha!
By DISCOSUCKS...
I can't wait to see 2nd hand copies of this show up on Discogs, with the vibrator
listed as VG+ !!!

:P
By jgibbs4053
Does anyone know the diff between Priv4tes version of Concorde Affaire '79 and the one on LITA?
By seb
@darrell the one on LITA is the extended double vinyl version with 45 tracks.
By monsterworship
Got my sex fever today. They also put the "accessory" inside the vinyl sleeve so it rubbed and marked up the cover, also was slightly bent because of the pressure in the package.cplays fine though.

i did order pink vinyl and they sent me black, not sure if it was sold out or they were just lazy when filling the orders.