Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
Not me, Occhionero. I know others have had different experiences, but I had a couple of absolute no-shows by them in a row a few years back. Jay was always polite, but would often go over a month between responses. I just can't spend my time or money like that. Hope it gets sorted out for you soon.
By Occhionero
Mateo Sanboval wrote:Not me, Occhionero. I know others have had different experiences, but I had a couple of absolute no-shows by them in a row a few years back. Jay was always polite, but would often go over a month between responses. I just can't spend my time or money like that. Hope it gets sorted out for you soon.

I know that he leads the company alone and works a lot at the moment (record label, the documentary), but what causes me a bad aftertaste is that if you want to order something and write to him, he can answer very quickly! For problems, however, it takes ages!
By Mateo Sanboval
Occhionero wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:Not me, Occhionero. I know others have had different experiences, but I had a couple of absolute no-shows by them in a row a few years back. Jay was always polite, but would often go over a month between responses. I just can't spend my time or money like that. Hope it gets sorted out for you soon.

I know that he leads the company alone and works a lot at the moment (record label, the documentary), but what causes me a bad aftertaste is that if you want to order something and write to him, he can answer very quickly! For problems, however, it takes ages!
'Tis a fair criticism.
By liftman2013
Its been awhile since i posted here
And awhile since anyone posted in this thread
But does anyone still buy from private/Jay

I started collecting the VAG series for the fun of it. The last one was VAG8 'Dracula Blows his Load' I believe. I bought it in May
As of August, still havent received it. Have sent him countless emails and a facebook message. It gets to 'give me your address ill sort it'. I pass it to him. Then nothing turns up.
weird as never had this problem before now!
By monsterworship
liftman2013 wrote:Its been awhile since i posted here

I started collecting the VAG series for the fun of it. The last one was VAG8 'Dracula Blows his Load' I believe. I bought it in May
As of August, still havent received it. Have sent him countless emails and a facebook message. It gets to 'give me your address ill sort it'. I pass it to him. Then nothing turns up.
yeah i had the same experience on the one campaign he did and never got my two records that i spent $100 on, got the same send me your address stuff. never got the records. haven't bought anything since. they can piss off.
By ScoJo
monsterworship wrote:they can piss off.
I believe this to be 100% the correct response when someone steals your money. Then ignores you.
By NathanLurker
Last one I bought was Detto Mariano's Firenze! L'Assassino E' Ancora Tra Noi OST from 2016. I never had a trouble getting my stuff from Private Records but it looks like he just doesn't deal very well with problem cases that require his attention and communication :/ Shame, really.
By static14
monsterworship wrote:
liftman2013 wrote:Its been awhile since i posted here

yeah i had the same experience on the one campaign he did and never got my two records that i spent $100 on, got the same send me your address stuff. never got the records. haven't bought anything since. they can piss off.
I hope you were able to get your money back through PP or the credit card company. That’s straight up bulljive.
By Mateo Sanboval
I had similar problems years ago. After thinking it was in isolated case (for far too long, frankly), I just never tried to buy from him again. But more importantly...NATHAN HAS A FACE!!!
By Occhionero
If you order from him, just pay with PayPal and take your money back, after he doesn’t deliver or responds. To be honest, if he doesn’t put out something really special, I avoid to order. I just don’t have the nerves and money....
By Mateo Sanboval
monsterworship wrote:
monsterworship wrote:they can piss off.