Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
Anybody know anything about these guys, I just picked up their pressing of Komeda's Dance of the Vampires (the fearless vampire killers in the US) I forgot how much i dug that score until i saw this at Other Music in NYC today. I checked out their site, and it looks like this is their first film score, but some of the other stuff on there looks pretty cool. anyway, this pressing is great, and the art is very 60's propaganda looking, very appropriate. i'll upload some pics when i get a chance.
By Oiche
I dont know much but Ive really liked everything theyve released so far, so ended up getting a subscription. Theyve been a bit quiet since no 5 in February though, so an update would be nice. Might even mail them one of these days. There is a huge variance in the music which suits my eclecticism, but all quality stuff and they appear a little braver than most of the boutique labels out there.
By thenuthouse
Snagged it from a shop in Kansas City when they didn't have Slumber Party Massacre. Pretty happy with it, as well. It being a Finders Keepers offshoot, it's unsurprising that it's been done so well, but I was pleasantly surprised to get the CD, as well.
By Oiche
@thenuthouse - You sure about the FK connection? I got the feeling when I joined they were EU mainland.
By thenuthouse
I think I may have them confused with someone else.

I think it's the Komeda thing.
By philball1974
FK? You're way off mark, this is a one man band from Wales, a side project of Bronzerat records who made seasick Steve famous!
By Voodoo_Jim
Amoeba Records has this in stock - although they said that all of their copies have a bend in the jacket corner. They were kind enough to let me know in advance and offered to knock a couple bucks off! I just wanted the vinyl... :)
By Purplemule74
Hey Spinnin' Folks -

I just wanted to give recognition to the polite and professional service I received from Series Aphonos.

I ordered the 'Soft Rains' record from them, and waited quite a few weeks. Nothing appeared at my front door.

I finally e-mailed Series with my order info, and they politely told me they would replace my records and were shipping them out today.

No hassle, no fuss.

It is the first time I've had a record get lost in the mail (yes, I've been lucky), but I truly appreciate their customer service.
By Occhionero
Bought this week the Cremator LP which is fantastic.