Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By NathanLurker
reddye6, the test pressing are the approved ones. they are not test pressings that were rejected or needed adjustments. All test test pressings I've seen are black, so if a release only has colored editions, having the TP would be the way to get it the music on black vinyl. but mostly, it's for rarity/collectibility. And in the case of the Night of the Demons release, there's gonna be a black edition so it's really just for the rarity and alternate design.

EDIT: Also, what static said. ^
By Aremagod
Not to be a dick or rain on people's parades but 50 test pressings? Might as well call it ultra limited edition variant. I'm used to seeing test pressings being in the 5-10 range unless times have changed.
By NathanLurker
oh I've seen anywhere between 5 to 50 in the past. I got a few test pressings from Phantasma Disques and they are usually limited between 5 to 15, and I got a test pressing from the label Brave Mysteries at 50 copies too. Usually when it's 50 copies, it's because Labels know they're gonna give away to friends and families, or sell to their followers as special edition. etc.

The brave Mystery TP release I bought, it was used for an event/show they were attending and they sold it with custom sleeve, and they sold the rest online.

By BasementHorror
Nabbed my Sour Balls and cassette! Got rolled on taxes for being local, but oh well. Been looking forward to this for awhile now.

Initially was getting a sold out message for the vinyl, but it finally went through. Still, folks might not want to wait around, if there is indeed a fairly limited number. I remember the Toilet Blue Street Trash selling out pretty quick.
By texasvinyl
Grabbed a red one, thought that looked best with the jacket. Wish I'd seen the test press message sooner, I dig the alt cover art which ought to look really sharp with a 2 color screen print on black
By lowbrow38
MONDOCON request:
I’ld be grateful to anyone who could grab me a copy of REPEATED VIEWING “frozen existence” Test-pressing on LUNARIS records. Can Paypal instantly. Thanx in advance. gerard(dot)miltzine(at)wanadoo(dot)fr
By monsterworship
I'll put some frozen existence and clam shell cassette leftovers up later this week when the stuff I shipped back arrives.

NOTD vinyl orders will also start shipping this week.
By prettybleak
This Frozen Existence test press is really great
By NMA
Fingers crossed ;)
By monsterworship
11/6 at 1PM EST I'll be adding some new stuff to the Lunaris store.

LNRS006 Repeated Viewing - horror of bexteth hill 7"
I'll have 3 editions (only 300 total were made): Marble red (low run), Transparent Red, and Black (Test Pressing, with hand stamped labels).
Transparent red copies will also be available from One Way Static and Shipping Records, to help save some postage for euro/uk people.
In stock and ready to ship (euro will be delayed by a week or so).

I will also be putting up Mondo Con leftovers on my site:
Repeated Viewing - frozen existence LP (rejected test pressing)
Night Of The Demons - big box Cassette
And a few more copies of Night of The Demons on marble red & Sour balls editions.
Repeated Viewing - 3 sisters CDs
etc.
By Aremagod
Is The Barn OST is being released sometime in 2016 with the movie? I really liked the clips I heard and would love to add this to my collection.
By monsterworship
The Barn vinyl and cassette will be out in January.
I'm currently working on printing the sold out indiegogo campaign copies.

Really stoked on the retail copy insert and artwork for this one, and it will be in at a lower price point, so I hope people will pick it up cause I think it's Rad.

The movie is really fun as well.
By monsterworship
Finally received the Dellamorte Dellamore aka Cemetery Man records and will start shipping this weekend.

A few different variants are still available in the shop.

thanks
By reddye6
I had a lovely ending to an otherwise crappy day. I came home to an Indiegogo test pressing of "The Barn," with the wooden cover. It looks wonderful, and I can't wait to play it! I'll have to figger out how to post some photos.
By monsterworship
Nice. Thanks for picking one up. Glad they are arriving in the wild.

The retail version of The Barn is ready, just need to set a street date and have enough time to get them sent out to stores and whatnot. Early March.
By Hatter313
Wow! Monster I didn't know you were doing nothing the funhouse! Sweeeeeeet!

Saw one of your night of the demons test presses at my local a while back, missed it by that much. Someone in my neighborhood is of our ilk and we do anonymous crate digging battle.
By monsterworship
I haven't moved anywhere with Funhouse, and probably will not anytime soon since it is a Universal Pictures license, and its not worth their time to deal with a tiny project.

But since there are so many other soundtrack labels out there perhaps someone else will figure it out and pick it up first.
By abedunk
The test pressing (7 of 10) sounds great, and the wood panel is super cool - all fit snugly together, nicely done. Y'all are really going to dig this music, and I hope the film lives up to it! Thx....
Attachments
The Barn OST pic.jpg
The Barn OST pic.jpg (57.41 KiB) Viewed 5712 times
By monsterworship
It looks to be about $15 to ship to uk, I only can use flat rate charts based on weight so it's hard to get extremely accurate.

I can offer a refund on the shipping difference if you hit me up after the order.