Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By monsterworship
isn't cigarette burns on here? or if anyone knows who is doing this. if they want to hit me up, i'll send over a couple promos to give away at the show.

By highbury
First post! I too got my toilet blue copy in the mail last week - beautiful vinyl. And Tony Darrow's "We Do Things My Way" still cracks me up every time I listen to it. Great release!!
By monsterworship
I'll have all the order tracking info updated on the site on Thursday before I leave for mondo con.
By texasvinyl
If you want to hear a really awesome soul version of the 'My Way' song I highly recommend the version on this album

http://www.discogs.com/Lorez-Alexandria ... se/3286291

I tried to get an audio link but wasn't able to find the version that's on this LP. If you like soul this LP is totally worth the $20-$25 copies are listed for on discogs right now.
By strictlywayward
Did anyone else get a copy with two a-side labels?
By toosoonjunior
@strictlywayward, Side A and Side B for me.
By Spun out of control
@monsterworship

Please do that as I'm going to said showing... and yes it is Cigarette Burns hosting the night. :)

Just back from a visit to Germany (I'm in the UK, usually) and saw Street Trash already on sale in a store there - haven't got my UK Toilet Blue order yet tho'
By DISCOSUCKS...
Quick question for other spinners on this - I just received the black version (thanks OWS!) and whilst I think it's a great all round release by Lunaris, my copy sounds pretty awful. Anyone else having issues with sound QT on the black?

Specifically, there's a percussive loud crackle all the way through both sides, mainly on the right channel.

But also the sound is quite muddy - it makes me wonder whether the source was a video disc of some kind, which doesnt necessarily bother me that much with such a weird/niche release, but I'm just wondering what everyone elses sounds like as it's coupled with the crackling issue so maybe I have a dud?

Like to take the opportunity to say thanks to Lunaris in any case - love that someone is putting out this type of near-Outsider film weirdness for us!! Now, I'm off to glug my Viper and do some crimes ;)

"Kiss my ring, hey! Do the right thing!"
By monsterworship
Disco.

There were no original masters for this.

So there were various audio sources, cassettes, video etc.
So pretty low fi. But I think It was mastered pretty even, but not particular loud overall because of that.

there shouldn't be any crackling or things of that sort. Did u clean it?

I haven't heard of any other issues, so perhaps we need to get you a replacement.
By DISCOSUCKS...
Hey @monster -- thanks for the quick reply!

I'm absolutely fine with the lo-fi nature, just wanted to be sure it wasn't just my copy ;)

But yeah, even after cleaning the crackle is persistent all the way through. I'm gonna try it a few more times when I get a chance....

Thanks again for shining a light on Street Trash - always loved the film! Nostalgia for a mispent video-store youth...
By colicub
My awesome toilet blue copy arrived in Scotland this morning. Unfortunately it also arrived with post office customs charges in tow and the start of a spine split. :(

Still an amazing looking record though.
By Hoodini
Got Mine yesterday ; loved it, great released, but i still miss the extra tracks :)
By texasvinyl
DAS STREETENTRASH BICH DU HAST MICH GEFRAGT UND DASH TOILET BLUE AACKHEST ARNOLD END HEIR LINER NOTES SLIEDENDESLEIGHTEN UNDE KLEINESCH NIGHT OF THE DEMONS

translation: yes
By PaulZaza
what a great german writing you have:-) sounds better then my native language:-9
By texasvinyl
In my mind, all German consists of a mixture of Rammstein lyrics and Arnold Schwarzenegger voices.
By karswell
@colicub same here regarding extortionate Customs Charge: £11.36 on top of shipping :((
I fear all overseas buyers will be super-stung by this & I hope in the future Lunaris can do what most sellers do and declare the value under $15 (I think) on their Customs Declaration to avoid such ouch! moments.
This doesn't take the shine off a cracking release - love it & congrats Lunaris
By chandler75
[quote=34324]I fear all overseas buyers will be super-stung by this & I hope in the future Lunaris can do what most sellers do and declare the value under $15[/quote]

In some countries it needs to be less to slip through customs (around $10 in my case). I'd rather not spell it out, as the practice is frowned upon by some, but a certain major label that often takes a lot of slack here always marks overseas packages as $5-10. Another US label represented here marks the package if you write a note about it at checkout (I don't know if they do it automatically). So yes, it should be common practice for all labels :)
By texasvinyl
Part of the issue is in the US we often don't have a concept of this kind of thing. I've never had to pay an import tax or customs fee, and I import lots of vinyl.

I did get a box from France once that was marked as a gift on the customs declaration, and the seller included a handwritten post card that said "I hope you enjoy this gift."
By Occhionero
[quote=34270]In my mind, all German consists of a mixture of Rammstein lyrics and Arnold Schwarzenegger voices.[/quote]

My friend, Schwarzenegger is/was austrian. They sound strange in my german/italian ears!
By karswell
@texasvinyl you lucky lot! @RasmusDrews most labels/mail order companies are hip to the customs thing but tis a good idea to send a note before shipping thanks for tip. I've been stung by Oodals mail order in US also so beware and of course private sellers slip up sometimes.
By reelybored
any updates on the Night of the Demons vinyl release?
By monsterworship
In case you don't follow me on facebook or didn't see the post, I posted this yesterday.

A quick update regarding the Night Of The Demons soundtrack release. It is currently in the mastering phase, and will get sent off for pressing shortly after. Unfortunately, the wait times on vinyl pressing is 4-6 months and will probably get worse since RSD is approaching. However, expect the Cassette/CD to be available in person at a few conventions I'll be doing in the spring. Online and in store sales will occur for all three formats when the vinyl is ready. I'll give everyone a heads up when I have a more detailed timeline. I'll get some sample tracks up on our soundcloud in early Feb.
By seb
Pressing plant times are through the roof in the US, we wanted to do a simple 7" ... 10 weeks!!!! Can you believe that?

It's getting problematic!