Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By deafmetal
@texas - I can see your reply. I figured you would want to snag the limited variant of the Macchi. ;) I am still debating if I want to wait for them to show up in the US distros or not. The Grand Tour LP is groovy, baby!
By Bezulsqy
Reading the descriptions of all these beautiful looking records really makes it hard to resist.
Originally released on Ayna Records in 1972 and never came around, cooproduced with Andrea Galtieri (Cavalier Piscopo). Pinnacle of the rarest Macchi's albums, released as private pressing, just 1 copy it's known to float around. Super rad percussive music, Minimal as much as Experimental, it was released for an obscure documentary of late '70s. Remastered from Macchi's personal master tapes.
This record is clearly one Holy Grail, a bunch of Lascivious tracks wich semplicity let the listeners enjoyment idea grow out so smoothly that after many delightful replay we take it like a Perfect Masterpiece.
But with 500 pressed maybe some thinking time is possible... Although about 30 left of each...

Can some of you experts tell me which one I should choose if I could only pick one?
By texasvinyl
The Sonor releases haven't been a problem to get. There are at least two places in the US that distribute these. I'd listen to the sample tracks and pick a favorite, they're all good

"Remastered from Macchi's personal master tapes."

That is the most exciting part. If the Macchi estate has the master tape for this obscure of a release, then what else might they be holding on to?
Really cool stuff. I limited myself to the Aquarium, Grand tour, and regulard edition of Africa Minima.
It's very expensive to import but I decided to buy from bandcamp for the downloads.

I find Macchi to be very interesting, I'm glad I picked up the Cinedelic Il Deserto & Centrale, ans since then have picked up Bioritmi and Voix.
deafmetal wrote:@Nathan - Nice, check out Macchi's Citta Notte as well. It was just repressed by Roundtable.
Yes I'm planning to ! I asked my local store to get it for me. Did you listen to it ?
By texasvinyl
Citta Notte is *superb*, if you look in the recent now playing thread I linked three tracks from it there.

I haven't heard a bad Macchi record yet. I've been spinning To Buster Keaton a lot lately, which is a double album on Gemelli with compositions inspired by the silent films of Buster Keaton.
By Bezulsqy
I listened to Grand Tour, Aquarium and Riflessi one after the other. I think Grand Tour suits me the best because of the variation in styles. When I got to Riflessi I think I had a bit of an groove overdose :-)
I'll have a listen to Pop-Paraphrenia and America Amore Amore today.
As it stands now I would definitely go for the Macchi (as I have and love the Cindelic Nucleo Centrale Investigativo release) and Grand Tour. That last one makes me very happy.
By Vapormeyer
I'm enjoying them all immensely, I'd have a hard job just picking one out of this fantastic bunch. If my life depended on it though maybe 'Grand Tour' as it makes me smile the most. Close second would be 'Aquarium'.
Yeah Grand tour had the biggest impact for me as well, then the Macchi (it's a bit more minimal, subtle) , then Aquarium (some of it sound a little bit too naive but there are sounds in this release that blows my mind.)

texasvinyl wrote:Citta Notte is *superb*, if you look in the recent now playing thread I linked three tracks from it there.
Thanks for your imput Texas, I'll check those previews tonight after work, but regardless, I'll be picking up Citta Notte for sure, it's already ordered. I find Macchi very interesting and unique, I don't even question putting releases from him on my wishlist, I'm already sold