Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By strangedisc
So if you don't follow me on social media anywhere, a few updates.

Surf Nazis Records arrived at the SD HQ 3 weeks early! We will start shipping this week and should have all orders out by the end of next week. so be if you preordered from me your record is coming real soon! LITA will also start shipping real soon. OWS should have records early too but it will be a little longer for them.

Also please note, there was a slight error with the variant. The colorway was supposed to be blood red/blue SWIRLED vinyl, but instead we were given red/blue SPLIT vinyl. It still looks really boss, but not exactly what I asked for. No biggie, but just giving you all a heads up.

Any questions, ask away!!
By zuko
I think the split colour looks awesome, really hoping I get a variant!
By abedunk

Mine arrived yesterday - what a pleasant surprise! Sounds great on the "Blood in the Water" variant, too!! Terrific first effort, Strange Disc.
By ninjaqutie
Split looks nice, but the swirl effect would have been more authentic. Either way, I am stoked to receive mine. I'll love it whether it is black or the variant. :)
By nEsSoNe
Will this get a second press @strangedisc? this 1st press did great! hopefully a 2nd press is done on clear/red/blue splatter vinyl!
By strangedisc
Yes, we will be doing a second press. Although it is a limited run, we want to make it available to everyone who wants one. At this point we've sold through our stock for online orders. If I have some left over from local sales/the record release party in September I will put them up on the web store. If not we will have the second press shortly after that. Thanks so much to everyone who ordered one of these!!!
By thedeepness
@strangedisc: I sent you a message on your website as well. I got my copy from LITA and it is extremely warped (almost 3/4 of an inch lift in one section). If it didn't affect the play I wouldn't care too much but unfortunatly this does. I know it is sold out but I was wondering if you have any extras for replacements. The jacket is perfect so I just need a replacement record.
Thanks, Jeremiah
thedeepness@yahoo.com
By ghostfires
@strangedisc - Got mine in last night, and was lucky enough to receive the split red/blue! I've been listening to it this morning, and love the music! Very nice release, a great start to Strange Disc. I definitely look forward to more releases!
By nEsSoNe
hows the audio quality ghostfires?
By ghostfires
@nessone - really great, honestly. No clicks, pops, skips...it sounded awesome all the way through. Very clean.
By toosoonjunior
According to my Storenvy account, mine appears to be 'awaiting shipment' still. Looking forward to receiving it! :)
By noddy
Just received my Surf Nazis lp. No variant but it looks great and I cant wait to give it a spin tonight!
By strangedisc
Started shipping orders a few days ago. I'm still just about a one man operation at this point so bare with me, I should have everything in transit by Saturday!
By toosoonjunior
No worries! I got a notice yesterday that mine is on it's way!
By ninjaqutie
Can't wait to get mine!! I hear strange disc is sending mine by shark (hence the longer shipping time for me- I understand there is some complications with this method).
By dumaisaudio
Got mine today, awesome variant and package. Can't wait to spin it tonight.
By tonyandrewgiles
Does the total number include record store bought copies or is that just the online number?
By brentonwalter
Re-watched this film since my copy came in (blood in the water variant!). Its so disappointing as a film, one hell of a Score though!!
By tonyandrewgiles
I think I might skip the film & enjoy this awesome score.

Some of this could easily have been in Drive.
By toosoonjunior
Just received the Blood in the Water variant yesterday, and I have to say this is one of my favorite soundtrack releases recently. Really enjoying it! Well done, StrangeDisc!
By tim28212
I got mine yesterday also (blood in the water variant) and much prefer it over Chopping Mall.
By milliondollars
why do people compare Chopping Mall to Surf Nazis?
By nEsSoNe
why compare Surf Nazis to anything besides another Troma film...? the movie was cool and the score is fuckin awesome, nuff said ;) great jobs StrangeDisc!
By Ptflea2
[quote=28430]why do people compare Chopping Mall to Surf Nazis?[/quote]

Probably because they are both exploitation/cult films with synth scores from the mid 80's.