Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By nEsSoNe
an update from dec.8 :

"Yes, we're getting ready to send it off to the plant in the next couple weeks. Getting art and liner notes finalized very soon! Snippets will be coming in the next few weeks after we get final masters back! Glad you're excited!"

By strangedisc
Yup, the Slime City tracks have been sent off. Might still be a little bit because my lacquer dude is pretty backed up at the moment but the processes has begun on it!
By Bezulsqy
I can't stop listening to the couple of tracks posted on soundcloud by One Way Static and Strange Disc Records. After the Quake and just simply the Main Titles are brilliant! Why did I get into this soundtrack business so late? Too much to hear and want...

Can anyone tell me what similar scores to the one of Surf Nazis Must Day are? I like the dark and ominous sound the synths have here. Are there other examples?
By Spun out of control
@bezulsqy... ah, so many, many...love this sound too... the new just released John Carpenter LP being the most obvious recommendation.

Last year I really enjoyed Unit Black Flight (name taken from Carpenter's Escape from New York) too. Listen here:
UBF bandcamp
By DISCOSUCKS...
@bezulsqy -- Ominous dark synth soundtrack-type stuff: this great list from last year is a really good primer, if you're dipping your toe. The writer really knows his onions (and happens to make a lot of music that fits your brief too!)! The new wave of labels who are plumbing these murky depths are doing their damndest to bring us as much of this stuff in physical form, but be warned - this could be a frustrating list if you are only looking for stuff to buy. You may have to make do with Youtube etc for a lot of this stuff!

Stephen Thrower on Synth Music in Horror

http://horrorpedia.com/2014/08/01/horro ... r-article/
By Bezulsqy
Spun and Disco, thanks for the tips. Today I received my first bit of John Carpenter greatness. Prince Of Darkness now playing. I love how slow it is.
@ Disco, thanks for the link. I'm going to pour myself a drink and absorb it all...
By DISCOSUCKS...
@ Bezulsqy - Always a pleasure sir.

You're gonna need that drink btw....
By strangedisc
@Bezulsqy

I'm working on trying to get some other works by Jon McCallum out on the label. Cross your fingers!
By deafmetal
Awesome news, @strangedisc!

Also, welcome to the forum @Bezulsqy. Prince of Darkness is one of my favorite Carpenter scores.
By nEsSoNe
fan-FUCKING-tastic! =D cannot wait for this!! thanks for sharing the tracks
By strangedisc
Preorders for the SLIME CITY Original Motion Picture Soundtrack go up at a random time on Monday 5/11. Restocks on Surf Nazis Must Die LP's and some other good stuff also go up with the preorder launch. Read all about it on the site (www.strangedisc.com) and if you haven't listened yet, check out 3 tracks from the record, www.soundcloud.com/strangedisc. Super excited to finally get this thing out!!
By seb
Pumped for this one. We'll have it on www.onewaystatic.com too for you Euro cats!
+ the SNMD repressing too

By strangedisc
Sorry, forgot to mention you there Seb!
By Little Walter
I've never seen Slime City, but the description sold it for me. This label is building a fun momentum.
By nEsSoNe
never seen the movie either but the title track alone sold me! very catchy stuff. any idea when to expect the shipment to arrive from the plant @strangedisc?
By strangedisc
Thanks for the kind words!

s0n1k, we were hoping to have them in a few weeks, but once again the dreaded pressing plant delays are making it look like it's gonna be late June/early July. We've set a July 7th release date, but will definitely ship if we receive them earlier than that.
By deafmetal
Stoked on Slime City. Catching some surf punk vibes on the guitar in the sample tracks, which fits well for a Strange Disc title. Ride the slime waves.
By strangedisc
Unfortunately, due to a plating issue halfway through the pressing, SLIME CITY has been delayed just a little bit. The pressing is now complete, but the issue set us back about a week. We won't be able to start shipping tomorrow, but we will as soon as we have them in hand. Expect shipping to start early next week. Thank you for your patience!
By DISCOSUCKS...
Can't wait! (Well....of course, I can and I will!)

Loving the samples of this, I really should track down the movie.
By strangedisc
Hey, a few updates here.

All Slime City orders have SHIPPED! Woo! Sorry for the delay on that, definitely got pushed back a bit farther than anticipated. All orders from LITA & OWS are shipped as well.

Also, if you don't follow me on Social Media, I just announced the latest record on Strange Disc yesterday, which also marks my first non-soundtrack release. I still think this fits perfectly with my vision of what Strange Disc is, and as time goes on I think it will be more and more apparent of what exactly that means.

SSQ - Playback

Here it is, a long overdue reissue of SSQ's only full length output, the 1983 Playback LP. Horror and soundtrack genre fans will remember SSQ from their contribution to the soundtrack to The Return Of The Living Dead (Tonight (We'll Make Love Till We Die) as well as the score track Trash's Theme). Tracks from Playback were also used in the films Hardbodies and Beyond The Black Rainbow. Fans of 80's synth, dance & hi-NRG music will undoubtably be familiar with lead singer Stacey Q's solo work, with high charting hits such as Two Of Hearts and We Connect. We've got a lot of cool ideas floating around for this one, and we are working close with SSQ masterminds Jon St James and Stacey Q to make this a truly definitive reissue. We will be announcing details and release/preorder dates at the end of September.

Hope this tickles your fancy. Honestly this is close to the top of my "want list" for records I wanted to put out, so I'm super stoked on this. Hope you are too!

Lastly, check out the newest episode of the DAMN FINE PODCAST to listen to a cool interview with yours truly. Those dudes were a blast!

Cheers!
- Cam
By reddye6
Any early reviews from board members on their Slime City vinyl? Still waiting for mine -- hoping it'll be in soon.
By Bezulsqy
I love it! :-)
Only had time to spin it ones yesterday. And I got a phonecall that lasted have the play. So next week a better review :-)
But loved it!
By Aremagod
Slime City vinyl sounds fantastic. Transports me right back to the 80s in all its synthy goodness.