Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By karswell
Been away so just opened and played this great sounding and pressed release - gonna be a fave for sure! Didn't get the variant but would have liked the anticipation of opening it up to see, rather than being told it was black on OWS invoice! :( Minor moan for the otherwise very excellent OWS ;)
By MODAREC
@karswell My OWS invoice had it down as "black" too and it was. Weren't the variants supposed to be inserted randomly to the stock OWS were selling? Sure Seb said somewhere he was getting the variants too. Unless the OWS sub members got them?
By seb
Re: random insertion, I explained this before:

We don't choose, the shippers do (unless we tell them otherwise)
They either take from the color pile or the black pile...and then mark black or color on the shipping label/invoice.

So it's totally random like a lotery but the stocks are seperated and labeled though
By MODAREC
@One Way Static cheers Seb, black sounds great to me anyway.
By karswell
@One Way Static thanks for replying Seb, I knew you'd prob covered this before. Like I said it was a minor moan as you guys are The Best, but please yes tell the shippers not to mark invoices cuz you can understand the fun and hopeful anticipation in not knowing: that's the fun!..Not that I ever get a variant haha :(
By ambertiger
Posters up for sale now in an edition of only 28!!!
By NathanLurker
Only just received my Surf Nazis from amazon. Wow all the music in there is quote awesome, and I don't know about you all but at some moments I get a "terminator" vibe from it
By deafmetal
Late to the party here, but I finally ordered SNMD today from 20buckspin along with some classic 80's thrash metal. I have been listening to the sample tracks all day. Looks to be an excellent release all around.
By chandler75
So the 28 prints didn't sell out at the screening? That's pretty amazing.
By dahousen
Thats a nice poster. I finally got a copy of SNMD in amazon, is there any difference between first and second pressing?
By strangedisc
Rasmus, Had some people ask about them so I set a few aside to sell on the store.
By strangedisc
Dahousen, there's actually nothing different at all about the second press except that they're all on black vinyl this time.
By nEsSoNe
Any updates on SLIME CITY @strangedisc? when do you expect pre-orders to take place?
By strangedisc
Ness,

Will have updates on Slime City soon. I don't want to speak before I know for sure, but expect preorders sometime around Late November/December.
By strangedisc
Other surprises will be along shortly too!
By nEsSoNe
thats great, look forward to it =)
By deafmetal
I am really stoked to score a SNMD variant from 20buckspin (they get stock from LitA), and it sounds nice and clean. I am getting more obsessed with this soundtrack with every listen. Epic moody synth jams all day long.
By strictlywayward
You got a blood-in-the-water from 20BS? Nice. One of my favorite labels, for sure.
By deafmetal
[quote=35956]You got a blood-in-the-water from 20BS? Nice. One of my favorite labels, for sure. [/quote]

Yep, I was expecting black vinyl, so it was a nice surprise.
By Dr.Funtime
Yeah, this is by far my favorite soundtrack of the year. Good work Strange Disc. I probably need another copy of this LP, as i've been spinning the hell out of it. Brooding synth 80s awesomeness.
By deafmetal
Can't get enough of Surf Nazis! I have now ordered the cassette tape from LitA, which means I am totally vaulting over the edge of sanity into the nether regions of synthesized obsession.
By dumaisaudio
With a great first release, I'm looking forward to hearing more from this label.
By toosoonjunior
Me too. Surf Nazis was a standout of 2014. Any updates on Slime City?