Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By jgibbs4053
I like the etchings on both sides as well.
By EvanCampbell

Congrats STRANGE DISC on this awesome release! Great soundtrack...was lucky to score the variant. Top of the line quality :)
By dumaisaudio
Finally spun mine today. Great job with the pressing. Sometimes split colors have sound issues going between colors, but this was a very quiet pressing all around. Sleeve is also of great quality. I've never seen the film, but the score is really good. At times, it reminded me of Giorgio Moroder's score for Scarface, has the same sounds and vibe at times.

I have to agree, I enjoyed this a lot more than Chopping Mall. I'm guessing people are comparing it also since they both arrived recently, but they're also the same type of film and score. I probably won't listen to that one again, but I see myself revisiting this one often. Can't wait to see what's next from Strange Disc, well done!
By nEsSoNe
That is so awesome that people are loving this more over the Chopping Mall wax. Goes to show that StrangeDisc is coming out the gates strong! Look forward to the 2nd pressing and more SD material in the near future :)
By phantomnoir
[quote=29074]I’ve never seen the film, but the score is really good. [/quote]

The film is crap. And not in a so-bad-it's-good kind of way.
By Spun out of control
Any word on when/if OWS' allocation of Surf Nazis LP has started shipping in Europe?

Saw a physical copy in Rough Trade East today, so at least some copies (well at least one!) have made it to the UK already.
By zuko
@spun - I got a dispatch email on Tuesday from OWS, hasn't arrived yet though
By seb
Yep, all were shipped out this week. Should be with you in the next one.
By strangedisc
Really pleased to hear all the love for this! And to whoever said that it's similar to Giorgio Moroder's Scarface, you really hit the nail on the head... I've had long talks with Jon about Giorgio Moroder, and you definitely picked up on the influence!
By zuko
Just got this in the post (UK), love how extensive the liner notes are, looking forward to reading them and giving it a spin when I get home :)
By ninjaqutie
Looks nice Evan! I am still waiting for mine. :D Hoping I get a purty one, but I'll be pleased either way. I was at the beach Saturday, didn't see any sharks though...
By EvanCampbell
Well I am glad you did not see any sharks :)

It is a really cool soundtrack...I am sure you will like it. Yeah..I like the color split...feels right for it. This soundtrack is kind of a surprise to me...not really a follower of Troma films other then the first Toxic Avenger and Class of Nukem High...but this score is great.

Hope you get the variant!
By prettybleak
Picked up a copy of Surf Nazis today, i think this might be in my top 3 favorite releases this year. gonna be djing a lot of these tunes at my minimal synth night. thanks so much for reissuing this, i would have never thought to revisit this film otherwise.
By strangedisc
That's what I like to hear! Glad you're enjoying it!!
By albatard
Got mine from OWS...this has been a dream for many many years, thanks to Strange Disc for making it come true!! I would have loved to have the main theme played like 10 Times in a row (like during the openning credits), but anyway this rules!

So...what's next now??
By ninjaqutie
Sent you another e-mail.
By ninjaqutie
FINALLY got mine today. :D Hoped for some blood in the water, but alas, all the humans escaped unharmed. ;)
By Ignatius
Mine got a little bent in the post but thankfully plays totally fine. Great release. I rented Surf Nazis on VHS when I was 15 and found it really disappointing; the soundtrack is so good I may have to finally revisit it.
By fab6roses
Got mine today, my a-side label's sticker is missing, not a big deal compare to music's quality: i bought it based on some ugly VHS audio rip with dialogue and i'm really delight in the final result.... Nevertheless with my X-Men day's of future past coming with two disc one and no disc two plus my issue with the first DW's subbers package during theirs 3 weeks internet blackout, i'm afraid that god of wax want to punish me for being so greedy with soundtracks !
By strangedisc
Hey everyone, I'm restocked with more Surf Nazis LP's. I will also be putting up leftovers of the limited screen printed posters with an exclusive design from the record release party last week. Those will go up later today. LITA will also have copies of the LP and Mondocon, if you will be around there.
By liftman2013
Any sign of the posters guys?
By nEsSoNe
Wonder what happened...??