Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Re-animated Cat
Super deluxe unlimited limited edition
By teenagegrubworm
Im holding out for the super duper deluxe edition coming next month
By SPACELAB9
[quote=18178]"Hmmm. over the top packaging, and cheaper than most other soundtrack labels on this forum at $24.99 for the BB release. Limited press. Label run by 2 dudes. So how the hell is this a cash cow again? I’m pretty sure these guys aren’t making a mint off of this, if anything maybe breaking even. Not liking a soundtrack is one thing but so many people come into this thread to shit all over Spacelab. And it’s always people that weren’t interested in the product in the first place! [/quote]

bansel- Have we met? Because you have an eerie yet accurate sense of what goes on at Spacelab9! This is a labor of love for us and it by no means a cash cow. Heck for me personally-this isn't even my day job!

At the end of the day, to each his own. Haters will hate no matter what. And no matter what we are going to continue to do what we love to do and do it well.

For those tat dig what we do, thanks for the support and for the kind words, it means a lot.
By crowofthedead
What releases does the future hold?
By PaulZaza
don't mind the senseless comments....i really dig the bb releaseit was really reallynice with the gatefold, poster and so on...
keepupthe fantastic work!

i heard the Label is about torelease the district 9 score, right?
By ghostfires
Well since we're talking about mainstream film and/or tv show soundtracks - hows'about a release on vinyl for Highlander!? No one ever seems to care about that show any more, nor the films...but damn wouldn't it be nice to have both on vinyl!
By PaulZaza
@ghostfires i love the first highlander movie! the score and soundtrackby queen would be super awesome! the series was a Little shitty in my opinion
By maxvelvet
I NEED news on the upcoming release of DISTRICT 9! ;)
By texasvinyl
Wow, sure is a lot of animosity here. I rather like the label's first two releases.

Yes Walking Dead is a compilation, but I think it's a good one. The release was well done and didn't cost an arm and a leg. The black smoke vinyl effect IMHO turned out a lot better looking than Mondo's attempt at the same (The Raid), and it wasn't randomly inserted.

Breaking Bad was even better. They did a great service to fans of the show like me with a nice package, printed inner sleeves, and a groovy poster. Sure there were some growing pains with the website, but it made getting the PINKman variant more fulfilling in the end. And let's be honest...how many of the people DDOSing the site with the F5 key just did it to list on eBay as a 'pre-order' for $250?

Ignore the haters. What's coming next?
By philball1974
"DDOSing the site with the F5 key"

Not sure thats how it works!!
By texasvinyl
Sure it is, just unintentionally :) like a 'reddit hug of death'
By PaulZaza
can't wait for the raid 2 release!
By PaulZaza
Hello
Is thé raid 2 release black or colored?

If so what versions will ows get?
Since I'm a club member and from Germany i want to order via ows....

Super excited for this
Cheers to spacelab!
Super movie!
By seb
@paulzaza we have black vinyl
By SPACELAB9
PaulZaza- We will announce The Raid 2 vinyl details soon.

Also here is an announcement we made the other day about a new reaking bad variant:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: (TUESDAY, AUGUST 5TH)

“Meth Blue” Edition of the “BREAKING BAD (Original Score From the Television Series)” Vol.1 Double LP arrives - available exclusively at Hot Topic August 5th

August 5th, 2014 – SPACELAB9, in partnership with Madison Gate Records, are pleased to announce the arrival of the most highly anticipated and most frequently requested colored vinyl variant for the “BREAKING BAD (Original Score From the Television Series) Volume 1” Double LP album to date. Having made its vinyl debut this past April, the album has been made available on various colors of vinyl including “Jesse Pinkman” pink vinyl and “Walter white” white vinyl both of which sold out quickly upon release, as well as a clear vinyl variant made exclusively for the official BREAKING BAD web store.

The “BREAKING BAD (Original Score From the Television Series) Vol.1” “Meth Blue” variant edition hits the Hot Topic web store on August 5th, followed shortly thereafter by their many locations throughout North America. The album is packaged in a full-color gatefold jacket filled with images from the show and extensive liner notes from composer Dave Porter and show creator and executive producer Vince Gilligan. This follows the release of the “BREAKING BAD (Original Score from the Television Series) Vol.2” Double LP Picture Disc which was created exclusively for Hot Topic during June and is still available for a limited time.

Breaking Bad (Original Score From The Television Series) Vol.1 Double LP “Meth Blue” variant edition is available now from;
http://www.hottopic....ve-10223181.jsp

Breaking Bad (Original Score From The Television Series) Vol.2 Double LP Picture Disc variant edition is available now from;
http://www.hottopic....ve-10160729.jsp
By maxvelvet
Another TWD variant:

INFO
By philball1974
Whats the latest on the Wolverine score? It was up for pre order and now showing discontinued! Has this release been canned?
By Spun out of control
While all these Friday 13th shenanigans are going on elsewhere... Spacelab9 has variants of the Raid 2 2xLP up on its site now for anyone interested.. cell block grey or my fave of 'crimson rain' :)

Funnily enough no problem at all to order...
By SPACELAB9
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: (WEDNESDAY AUGUST 27TH, 2014)

SPACELAB9 UNVEILS THE RAID 2 SOUNDTRACK 180g DOUBLE LP

August 27th, 2014 –Madison Gate Records and SPACELAB9 are proud to announce the release of THE RAID 2: ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK 180g DOUBLE LP which officially hits store shelves on September 2nd, 2014. Packaged in a deluxe gatefold jacket featuring many images from the film, plus as a bonus, the first pressing includes an 18" x 24" double-sided poster featuring the original theatrical poster art on one side and key character bios on the other. Available for pre-order now, a limited edition of “CELL BLOCK” variant colored vinyl will be available in stores and from SPACELAB9.COM. For die-hard fans, a limited run of only 165 “CRIMSON RAIN” colored vinyl copies are now available exclusively from SPACELAB9.COM while supplies last. THE RAID 2: ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK CD version was released earlier this year, packaged in a deluxe mini-gatefold jacket with a bonus twelve-panel, two-sided full color poster.

Composer Joseph Trapanese (The Raid: Redemption, Oblivion, TRON: Uprising) returns along with Aria Prayogi and Fajar Yuskemal to provide a score equal parts electronic and orchestral, deeply layered and breathtaking, all while perfectly complimenting the frenetic on-screen action of THE RAID 2. The 24-track album features original motion picture score with over an hour of music, plus the original song “Hush” written and performed by Indonesian jazz artist Arti Dewi.
By deathwaltz
Raid 2 all the way

You folks should be ALL over this !
By NathanLurker
I bought it an hour ago. haven't seen the movies but I'm streaming the music right now. I'm linking it so far, it's intense.
By liftman2013
Was all over this 5 minutes after the drop. Gave me a break from the F13 madness occuring.

But I love the idea of owning both Raid 1 and 2 curtesy of mondo and spacelab9. Bring it on!
By deathwaltz
You'll also be able to own the ORIGINAL Raid score soon too .

Raid 2 is fucking great. Those guys can fucking write (Aria Prayogi and Fajar Yuskemal )