Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By tim28212
inksb wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:53 pm
CrossedPete wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:46 pm I was taking Videodrome. I keep making offers but no bites yet. The person wants $150 and I’m basically offering half of that. Man I want that album bad, But I’m not that desperate yet. I was planning on getting the DW version when it gets released but now i might wait til I can get a VS copy.
This is kind of funny, I was curious about that Videodrome and looked it up, it's being sold by one of my local shops. I've never seen them have stuff like that out for sale on the floor, I wonder if they save stuff like that strictly for online.
A local shop here use to deal his high end stuff online. He got a collection of rare Blue Notes that I cleaned for him and he sold the bulk on discogs.
By CrossedPete
Nice small world. Maybe it’s time you put on some charm try to negotiate. Who knows you might have better luck than I’ve had. So far I’ve made 2 offers one for $75 and one for $80. If it hasn’t sold in a week or two I might try again but like I said earlier I should calm the fuck down.
By inksb
CrossedPete wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:16 am Nice small world. Maybe it’s time you put on some charm try to negotiate. Who knows you might have better luck than I’ve had. So far I’ve made 2 offers one for $75 and one for $80. If it hasn’t sold in a week or two I might try again but like I said earlier I should calm the fuck down.
They also have a $300 copy of Halloween for sale.
By Jimmy_Mike
tim28212 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:00 am
CrossedPete wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:46 pm I was taking Videodrome. I keep making offers but no bites yet. The person wants $150 and I’m basically offering half of that. Man I want that album bad, But I’m not that desperate yet. I was planning on getting the DW version when it gets released but now i might wait til I can get a VS copy.
This is kind of funny, I was curious about that Videodrome and looked it up, it's being sold by one of my local shops. I've never seen them have stuff like that out for sale on the floor, I wonder if they save stuff like that strictly for online.
A local shop here use to deal his high end stuff online. He got a collection of rare Blue Notes that I cleaned for him and he sold the bulk on discogs.
Tim, I’m gonna be in town in early June. What’s the shop?
By tim28212
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:34 am

That was several years ago. The proprietor recently passed and the shop has gone under new managment with a new name, Hippo Records. There is also a shop downtown called Underdog Records.

When in June are you going to be in town? We should meet up.
By Hatter313
CrossedPete wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:46 pm
Hatter313 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:26 pm The howling has safely landed, as has NOES. updated pic coming soon.
Im not sure if it was the same NOES I put an offer on but I want to torture myself a little. My offer was 80 or 85 I can’t remember. How close was I to your offer?
inksb wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:01 pm I have so many records in the mail. I'm having a hard time remember what I bought lol. I need to chill.

There is one record in particular that I'm mulling over picking up. The seller won't budge on the price which I feel is a little high but it's also the only one available currently. I almost got a Howling over the weekend but another person offered $2 more than I did. Oh well, I'll get a copy eventually.
That was probably me :). I also grabbed poltergeist from the same seller.

Curious what title your talking about. I wonder if it’s the same one I keep putting offers on. So far they have been ignored. I too feel like they’re asking price is too high and over the weekend I realized they won’t even ship to Canada so I would have to sent it to the border and have it sit there til it opens up.
you were about $10 from my offer :D
By Hatter313
inksb wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:24 am
CrossedPete wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:16 am Nice small world. Maybe it’s time you put on some charm try to negotiate. Who knows you might have better luck than I’ve had. So far I’ve made 2 offers one for $75 and one for $80. If it hasn’t sold in a week or two I might try again but like I said earlier I should calm the fuck down.
They also have a $300 copy of Halloween for sale.
i love how videodrome was just NOT around for a while and then 2 in the last week or so and its in local shops to members here...

and both in NY...the plot thickens!

unless some major grail pops for me, i'm done for quite a while. getting both halloween and NOES in the last month along with several other surprises and pickups, i'm switching gears back to filling in some cheaper holes. my VS urge is chilled for now. (maybe)
By Jimmy_Mike
tim28212 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:16 am
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:34 am

That was several years ago. The proprietor recently passed and the shop has gone under new managment with a new name, Hippo Records. There is also a shop downtown called Underdog Records.

When in June are you going to be in town? We should meet up.
Tim, a sojourn on my way to the beach. I’ll DM you.
By inksb
Just picked up NOES4 for $35 including shipping and NOES5 for $55. Not too terrible. The deal on 4 offset the price of 5 a little haha. I need to stop. I think at this point unless I come across Evil Dead, Creepshow or NOES 1 & 3 at a good price, I'm done for a while.
By Hatter313
I made an offer hours ago on EFNY, just got noticed it sold for literally what I offered, what the hell is with people on eBay. I’ll give the benefit of the doubt that my offer was after the one that took it and the seller just didn’t notice but honestly, ugh.

That being said, If it was one of you, spin in good health
By CrossedPete
That’s shitty @hatter I hate nothing more than sellers with poor communication.

Two more arrivals to add to my VS collection.
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.9 MiB) Viewed 2173 times
By Hatter313
Yeah, it was an absolute STEAL too, and I have the German pressing so it wasn’t a huge deal. It was more the circumstances than anything else getting me sort of bent. Like I said, I hope it was one of us haha.

Where did you even find Christine?!?!! I feel like I never even see it around. Excellent grab and congrats on completing the Carpenter set!
By CrossedPete
I found it on Discogs from a seller in Spain. The sleeve isn’t in the best shape but I was able to negotiate the price down a little so I’m pretty happy about it.
By inksb
That Christine is so cool! Nice snag on that, I haven't seen one pop up in a while. I think I need to still get Assault on Precinct 13, Dark Star and They Live on vinyl. I have AoP13 on cassette. I'm not sure what version I want of They Live, I think the Mondo resissue with the fancy packaging. Obviously I will grab an OG if I see one at a good price but I really need They Live in one form sooner than later.
By Hatter313
inksb wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:03 pm That Christine is so cool! Nice snag on that, I haven't seen one pop up in a while. I think I need to still get Assault on Precinct 13, Dark Star and They Live on vinyl. I have AoP13 on cassette. I'm not sure what version I want of They Live, I think the Mondo resissue with the fancy packaging. Obviously I will grab an OG if I see one at a good price but I really need They Live in one form sooner than later.
The original DW Assault pressing is awesome and I highly recommend it. It had JUST dropped when I discovered Death Waltz so it was one of my very first orders with them.
By 334578rpm
I'll second that the DW Assault is great.

For They Live, I have the OG and the newest DW. And honestly, for as cool as the packaging on the DW is, I find it such a pain in the ass to deal with.
By Hatter313
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:49 pm The first DW They Live is one of my favorite cover arts from the OG DW run.
100%, i had the DL pressing of that (gave the first one to a friend after getting the upgrade) and the Mondo version with the cray cover effect. i try not to double dip but i've accepted that carpenter is one area where i will keep multiple versions.
By CrossedPete
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:49 pm The first DW They Live is one of my favorite cover arts from the OG DW run.
I totally agree with you, this is the first DW album I found also probably the first Carpenter album I bought as well. It was this artwork that sucked me in and really got me interested in DW in the first place.
By inksb
Visually these are all in really great condition. Evil Dead 2 had some stickers on the jacket that easily peeled off but looks like some one had one on the center label and tried to remove at some point, you can see part of the sticker still left on there and it ripped off the red label in spots. Prince of Darkness looks damn near unplayed as does NoES5, which unfortunately has a notch on the spine. I don't remember seeing that listed but honestly may have over looked it too. Dawn of the Dead I cleaned and it sounds fantastic, little bit of static and pops in the lead in groove and the outro but nothing during the music which is great. The other three just came in today and need a thorough cleaning before they hit the table which won't be tonight.

By Hatter313
inksb wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:30 pm Visually these are all in really great condition. Evil Dead 2 had some stickers on the jacket that easily peeled off but looks like some one had one on the center label and tried to remove at some point, you can see part of the sticker still left on there and it ripped off the red label in spots. Prince of Darkness looks damn near unplayed as does NoES5, which unfortunately has a notch on the spine. I don't remember seeing that listed but honestly may have over looked it too. Dawn of the Dead I cleaned and it sounds fantastic, little bit of static and pops in the lead in groove and the outro but nothing during the music which is great. The other three just came in today and need a thorough cleaning before they hit the table which won't be tonight.

This is a fantastic run. I never even think about notches, it’s one of the blemishes I never think about.
By inksb
Some good news and bad news. I'll start with the bad. I didn't notice that my NOES5 was actually "Music From" and not the score when I opened the package, last night I was cleaning it and noticed the JIVE logo on the center label not VS. I went to my discogs order to check if I potentially ordered the wrong thing by mistake which I didn't think would be the case as I don't have the Music From on my wishlist. And I ordered the Jay Ferguson score. I contacted the seller, they were very kind and apologetic, they are a record shop and some one just listed it incorrectly so I'm sending it back for a refund. Bummer though, I was really excited about it. Guess I'll just have to stick to my cassette for the time being.

Good news, I just got a good deal on Silver Bullet! I'm excited to revisit the score as I haven't watched the film in a few years and don't remember it too much.