Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:42 pm They sell the subscription until the New Year or until Xmas?
Normally until New Year, however I believe I read somewhere that this year they might run it a bit longer. They will send out a message signaling the end of signing up.
By Bezulsqy
I am mixing up podcast listening and surfing the net today... (Excellent podcast The Butterfly Effect by Jon Ronson).
Reading twitter/instagram reactions is making me feel a bit sad. Although some do make me laugh.

Almost under every post Waxwork makes someone is asking for The Thing or asking when a specific record is shipping.
Or complaining about this or that.

Although I am less enamoured as I once was with Waxwork I do have to say that I never had to pay any customs duties on subscription packages I received in the EU. I can't remember paying them on other WW orders also. So people who bitch about that are not being fair or truthful. I don't believe there is someone who had to pay extra for subscription titles. If someone did: let me know so I can't retract me statement.
Second is the fear of missing out on titles/variants. I can't remember a title selling out under 24hours. Most titles last for a very long time. Same goes for Mondo/DWRC. I have a feeling there is so much out there at the moment that people simply cannot afford jumping on new releases all the time.

And I do not like people reacting on the internet without doing any kind of simple research. It makes me feel the world has became incredibly stupid.

-end-
By Revolver_OcelScott
I too noticed the barrage of complaints to DW/Mondo. I do have to say, it is somewhat due. Mondo/DW are pretty bad about updating people on release windows etc. I never complain personally, because I know that's vinyl, delays are rampant. But when they say a title is expected to ship in X month, and then 3 months later it still hasn't shipped, I get why some people complain.

They could send an email chain to anyone who bought a delayed title giving an update. Or even better, add a page for "Shipping Status" where they can list all pre-ordered goods, and update it's expected shipping there, so people can check that before barraging their social media with complaints.
By Bezulsqy
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:22 pm I too noticed the barrage of complaints to DW/Mondo. I do have to say, it is somewhat due. Mondo/DW are pretty bad about updating people on release windows etc. I never complain personally, because I know that's vinyl, delays are rampant. But when they say a title is expected to ship in X month, and then 3 months later it still hasn't shipped, I get why some people complain.

They could send an email chain to anyone who bought a delayed title giving an update. Or even better, add a page for "Shipping Status" where they can list all pre-ordered goods, and update it's expected shipping there, so people can check that before barraging their social media with complaints.
With that complaint I agree. But I would go as far I say that one should stop with pre-orders. Only sell what you have in store...
By Revolver_OcelScott
Bezulsqy wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:38 pm With that complaint I agree. But I would go as far I say that one should stop with pre-orders. Only sell what you have in store...
I 100% agree. I get on really obscure, off the wall stuff, doing a pre-order to gauge interest. But of stuff like the Friday the 13th series, they've always sold out, order a bunch and put them up when they're up.
By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:52 pm
Bezulsqy wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:38 pm With that complaint I agree. But I would go as far I say that one should stop with pre-orders. Only sell what you have in store...
I 100% agree. I get on really obscure, off the wall stuff, doing a pre-order to gauge interest. But of stuff like the Friday the 13th series, they've always sold out, order a bunch and put them up when they're up.
I don't follow Waxwork that closely as I'm not always interested in their stuff and find it overprice but what happened with F13 part 6? It seems every post they make some one is bitching about it not shipping. Did they forget to say it was a pre-order? Or not give an estimate? Or is it just a bunch of idiots?
By havershaw
Re: F13 6:

On Friday, they uncharacteristically responded to a lot of the messages regarding F13 shipping by saying “packing and shipping them all out today!” etc., but I ordered 2 and 6 and haven’t gotten any shipping notification.
And it seems like no one else did either, as I’ve noticed a lot of their posts have a ton of people asking about those records’ shipping status again, only they’re not answering now.
By havershaw
update:
Ok, looking on IG today, I guess they did say that pre-orders have shipped, and one person said they had received theirs already, but regardless, I haven’t gotten a shipping notification.
By Bub
I never got a notification for this but in my USPS Informed Delivery, it shows a package originating from NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130 that was created Dec 05 & it's set to be delivered Dec 16. I compared the zip to previous WW deliveries & it matches so it might be my F13-VI.
By havershaw
Bub wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:21 pm I never got a notification for this but in my USPS Informed Delivery, it shows a package originating from NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130 that was created Dec 05 & it's set to be delivered Dec 16. I compared the zip to previous WW deliveries & it matches so it might be my F13-VI.
Yeah, sometimes I don’t get shipping notifications at all, but I’ll see it on my Informed Delivery, and it’s always that same New Orleans zip, so I bet that’s it.

I haven’t seen it show up in mine yet, so I assume mine hasn’t gone out yet for some reason.

EDIT
aaaaaand as soon as I posted this, I got an email notification from Waxwork that mine was being shipped, haha.
By deafmetal
havershaw wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:48 pm aaaaaand as soon as I posted this, I got an email notification from Waxwork that mine was being shipped, haha.
Strange, I I actually received the email notification on December 5th.
By Revolver_OcelScott
Mine arrives today. I was excited to listen to it around Halloween because they originally had it listed for shipping in October, but such is vinyl life.

One thing I will say about Waxwork. They're slow to ship, they are kind of pricey, but I ALWAYS receive them in excellent condition, never had an issue. I get dinged, seam splits, dents all the time from Mondo/THD.
By maxlevel
I’m pretty sure I got a customs charge or two from waxwork. However, i also loved their response when I got sent two C/D discs of taxi driver, they just sent out the correct disc free of charge. This was also when they did interact here and other places, like many of my favourite labels they just stopped bothering at a moment when I really dug label interaction. What WW has achieved in the last five years is amazing but the last two subs have been poor (last one and the new one) and I can’t see anything improving.

On the flip side I’ve had nothing but customs charges with TV so I’m giving up ordering from the US. I’ll just find a local distributor
By NathanLurker
skeletonbutt wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:42 pm did waxwork release any more issues of their comic or was that abandoned?
they have 3 House of Waxwork issues out, 3 Poser issues (to be concluded with 4th issue, which might be out in comic book stores, but without the 7 inch, it has yet to be released on Waxwork's website). I don't think they stopped doing them, they're just really slow.

Also, they stopped including download codes.
By Bezulsqy
maxlevel wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:59 pm I’m pretty sure I got a customs charge or two from waxwork. However, i also loved their response when I got sent two C/D discs of taxi driver, they just sent out the correct disc free of charge. This was also when they did interact here and other places, like many of my favourite labels they just stopped bothering at a moment when I really dug label interaction. What WW has achieved in the last five years is amazing but the last two subs have been poor (last one and the new one) and I can’t see anything improving.

On the flip side I’ve had nothing but customs charges with TV so I’m giving up ordering from the US. I’ll just find a local distributor
You are right. I got a customs charge for the first comic they released... I stopped getting the comics after that :-) But with subscription titles I never did get charged.

TV is probably the most expensive subscription of all :-)
By inksb
NathanLurker wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:09 pm
inksb wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:03 pm He could be just saying he already has The Keep.
if it was cheaper than a Waxwork release, he didn't pay what I paid in shipping then :P
Haha, I think you have it the worse out of all of us on the shipping front for the Blow Out releases. Knowing WW I would put money on it being almost the same price for me. If they do have The Keep I would be interested to see what they do with it