Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bub
Waxwork is currently having a sale on most of their titles. Some examples..

BRIDE OF RE-ANIMATOR
Regular price $ 35.00 Sale price $ 24.00 Save $ 11.00

CRUISING
Regular price $ 50.00 Sale price $ 35.00 Save $ 15.00

CREEPSHOW
Regular price $ 30.00 Sale price $ 18.00 Save $ 12.00

THE PROWLER
Regular price $ 35.00 Sale price $ 18.00 Save $ 17.00

NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
Regular price $ 40.00 Sale price $ 25.00 Save $ 15.00

https://waxworkrecords.com/collections/vinyl
By havershaw
The Prowler is awesome!

I already have both a VS and a first pressing of Creepshow, but the first press omits one track and inserts the prologue in its place. I’ve been dragging my feet on replacing it - maybe now is the time!
By Bub
No prob ScoJo. The ones I'm most likely getting are The Prowler, Cruising & Manhunter. I have OGs for the last 2 but at those prices I think it's worth the upgrade. Might also do Logan's Run though I would also like an OG of it. Can't beat that artwork.

Havershaw, their price is below what's currently on Discogs so it's definitely a deal. Also if you're in the states, it's free shipping over $100 so poke around.
By havershaw
I am in the US, yeah, but I think I already own just about all of the Waxwork titles I’m interested in - that is a screaming deal on getting a new Creepshow, though, that’s for sure.
By inksb
Bub wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:46 pm
inksb wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:45 pm Night of the Living Dead is super tempting at that price
Inks, it appears that NOTLD has sold out during the sale :(
Well I guess that takes care of that for me and I don't have to make the decision. I didn't really have the extra money at the moment anyways.
By Occhionero
NathanLurker wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:38 pm I've never seen those movies, never felt compelled to check them out, probably because I was disappointed with The Lords of Salem. I've been a Waxwork completist until recently, but I really can't keep up anymore, I've missed out on Beetlejuice 'cause I've got the Geffen repress from 2015 and I can't find Waxwork's edition below 60$Cad. I can't really justify to buy it again at that price.

They released The House with a Clock in it's Walls and I have zero interest in that, 'cause it's the kind of title like their Goosebumps release that I'll spin once and never go back to. And then these 40$ pressing of the Rob Zombie movie, they're gonna end up costing me 60 to 70$Cad all in all. I think I'll pass for now.

What happenned to the times I could get a Waxwork record for less that 45$cad ?

Still love them though.
I posted a comment on the WW Instagram page and asked if they are serious with that 40$ price. They deleted my comment and I asked them why they do not want uncomfortable questions and they deleted also this question again.

I don’t wanna be childish but as a supporter from the very beginning (and a completist!) this behavior brings me to distance.
By Mateo Sanboval
That's nuts. Deleting negative comments is not a good sign. It means you are not the only one with those queries.
By inksb
Oh Waxwork you continue to drive my dislike for you as a company farther and farther. I can say one thing positive, they are continually on "brand"
By Revolver_OcelScott
I cant even remember the last WW record I bought. Probably NOTLD. A lot of what they release strike me as single spins, and I'm really trying to buy more conscientiously. I still would buy from them in the future if they release something I have interest in, but they also tend to be much more expensive than other labels.
By skeletonbutt
i think manhunter and cruising were the last two i got and i'm happy with them! i just get the feeling their motivation is "what can we make a cool package out of and sell a lot of" (which i understand to a point; i realize they're a business) whereas death waltz/mondo seems to be coming from the "what needs a proper vinyl release" angle. talking specifically about the vinyl component of mondo, not the one that releases 50 new disney and/or marvel tiki mugs, enamel pins, and toys every week.
By ScoJo
I know WW are big enough and ugly enough to defend themselves (except they seem to prefer redaction/non-interaction heh heh) but I have to balance this convo out a bit.

I don't entirely agree with the narrative that they only release guaranteed 'big hitter' properties. Like M/DW, I can point towards a handful of releases that I'm personally thrilled to have on wax, but can't for the life of me imagine them selling really well - Thelma, Queen of Earth, The Prowler, Cruising, Autopsy of Jane Doe.... granted, for me the majority of their releases hold no interest since all three labels are now working with big IPs/film distributors to pack their schedules.

It's the usual story though, regarding success - the theory being that for every batch of horror franchise re-issues, Marvel titles or high profile modern genre/horror flicks (such as Waxworks with The Prodigy, Childs Play etc), each company can still afford to put out lesser-known/cult titles that they dig which they're not leaning on to be big immediate sellouts.

And the reality is, all of these labels each have a fairly diverse customer base now - the toy collector, the Marvel head, the modern score/fancy package collector, the die hard film score/genre fan who welcomes reissues/expanded releases of favourites and hard to find bangers.... and I still fell like I can just ignore most of their output which has zero interest for me (I'm looking at you, Tiki mugs...) and be grateful for the chance to have some outlier/cool scores on wax. Both Thelma and Queen of Earth were the standout films/soundtracks of last year for me, and I loved the package treatment that each score received. Each of these three labels is still capable of occasionally nailing it for me.

That's my personal tuppence fellas. Just to balance things out.
By maxlevel
I think the reason people buy music is because they feel connected to it in some way. When labels interacted with their fans, the fans responded by creating a huge wave of demand because it’s the same as following a band, artist, politician, football team or whatever. When the line is cut the song keeps playing but it’s now into a different era, for good or bad. At the same time, the proliferation of soundtrack labels means you can go where you like instead of following the bigger hitters. So all that’s happened is the field has opened right up.

Personally I liked that the UK had excellent distribution of soundtracks. When belts tighten choices get made, and shipping costs are the main issue. So when you see waxwork charging an absolute fortune for music that isn’t interesting, plus shipping plus the risk of a customs charge, added to a relaxed attitude (!) to genuine questions. I’ll wait for the sales