Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By reddye6
I dissent!

I do like the Colin Stetson. He is Stetsony.
By ScoJo
Haha, I'm sure Señor Stetson always delivers the goods ;) Fwiw I was throwing shade mostly at this POS rebootquel that looks gawdawful in every concievable way. Also, that WW sleeve art sucks, and is very Waxworkey :D
By inksb
reddye6 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:11 pm Unsurprisingly, AV Club gave the film a D+: https://www.avclub.com/texas-chainsaw-m ... 1848545019

Looks really sucky.
That review states exactly what I thought the trailer conveyed, easy skip for me. I checked the comments and this one made me chuckle.
When the first promotional still dropped, and the cast looked like they wandered off the set for an Iphone ad, I instantly knew this was going to suck.
By Hatter313
Apparently getting another sub package soon, just got a shipping notice, but can’t figure out what it is, they haven’t teased any of the remaining sub titles yet. TCM 2 and killer klowns still outstanding, wonder which.

(I have a weird theory in my head but I’ll hold until the package gets here)
By reddye6
Hatter313 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:45 am Apparently getting another sub package soon, just got a shipping notice, but can’t figure out what it is, they haven’t teased any of the remaining sub titles yet. TCM 2 and killer klowns still outstanding, wonder which.

(I have a weird theory in my head but I’ll hold until the package gets here)
Pretty sure it is TCM2
By Hatter313
Ah ok, I couldn’t find anything about that when I was looking, that’s what I figured though. I had a weird feeling that maybe that wasn’t coming anymore rand they were gonna switch it with the new one. Glad that’s not the case haha
By inksb
Well it's worse than I expected. For some reason 3 of the 4 characters are drawn with high amount of detail but Chop Top looks weird and bland compared to the others. Stretch looks like they cut her illustration and tweaked the top half to fit around the title so the perspective is way off and it looks like her torso is huge. I assume this is the same person who did the Rob Zombie titles for them? Color scheme looks similar.

FMS270GXoAg1w2y.jpg
FMS270GXoAg1w2y.jpg (1.68 MiB) Viewed 2945 times
By Hatter313
inksb wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:37 pm Well it's worse than I expected. For some reason 3 of the 4 characters are drawn with high amount of detail but Chop Top looks weird and bland compared to the others. Stretch looks like they cut her illustration and tweaked the top half to fit around the title so the perspective is way off and it looks like her torso is huge. I assume this is the same person who did the Rob Zombie titles for them? Color scheme looks similar.

FMS270GXoAg1w2y.jpg
eh, Stretch looks a little...stretched...but otherwise i'm fine with this.
By lazyben
That is some awful artwork. My sub copy shipped and will doubtless also sound terrible due to the atrocious overuse of splatter and generally poor pressings they've been sending out lately so I might just take a chainsaw to the whole thing
By bpwlogan
Pressing quality is always up and down with them and it seems to have fallen a little bit especially with the current subscription its too bad because the mastering of the records has always been pretty good even in the beginning. I'll probably just stick with their CD releases in the future if I want anything from them.
By 334578rpm
jgibbs4053 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:18 pm What’s the deal w WW? I think I have heard of 3 other labels having a issues w them
They have a reputation for putting out releases that other labels already have an agreement to release.
See the DW/Argento reissues.
Apparently they did the same thing with something TerrorVision was working on, and he ended up just scrapping his version.

They also kind of trashed ETR's 28 Days Later release (re-recordings), saying to wait for their reissue of the full score (still MIA).
By Hatter313
oh I didn't know about the Terror Vision thing, thats almost more upsetting than the others, I've met Ryan a few times and he is genuinely such a chill dude and puts so much deeply personal care and effort into everything he releases, sometimes I just buy Graveface stuff like its a monthly donation to a cause haha. I'm pretty sure after all this time that company and its assorted stuff across the museum and both labels is just him and his wife. lovely people who really do such great stuff. I gained a lot of weight this past year and most of the t shirts that fit are Graveface merch.
By ScoJo
Hatter313 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:54 pm oh I didn't know about the Terror Vision thing, thats almost more upsetting than the others, I've met Ryan a few times and he is genuinely such a chill dude and puts so much deeply personal care and effort into everything he releases, sometimes I just buy Graveface stuff like its a monthly donation to a cause haha. I'm pretty sure after all this time that company and its assorted stuff across the museum and both labels is just him and his wife. lovely people who really do such great stuff. I gained a lot of weight this past year and most of the t shirts that fit are Graveface merch.
100% this. Not met the guy but always got these vibes. Plus, he was one of the first small label dudes who called out the 'Toyification' megahype record merchants on their BS. I'm really happy that it looks like I may have passed along a future project to TV which seems like it's going forward. Good things to good people.
By Hatter313
ScoJo wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:25 pm
Hatter313 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:54 pm oh I didn't know about the Terror Vision thing, thats almost more upsetting than the others, I've met Ryan a few times and he is genuinely such a chill dude and puts so much deeply personal care and effort into everything he releases, sometimes I just buy Graveface stuff like its a monthly donation to a cause haha. I'm pretty sure after all this time that company and its assorted stuff across the museum and both labels is just him and his wife. lovely people who really do such great stuff. I gained a lot of weight this past year and most of the t shirts that fit are Graveface merch.
100% this. Not met the guy but always got these vibes. Plus, he was one of the first small label dudes who called out the 'Toyification' megahype record merchants on their BS. I'm really happy that it looks like I may have passed along a future project to TV which seems like it's going forward. Good things to good people.
If you can find his liner notes to one of his Halloween releases, the witch hat house I think it is, he has a really poignant thing to say about the direction of nostalgia and it’s impact on the indie scene. Also it’s just an awesome record
By inksb
King Kong Escapes - Akira Ifukube
pre-order - June 30th
https://waxworkrecords.com/collections/ ... ng-escapes

I could have swore they just posted something about moving forward they were not going to have pre-orders and they would focus on having releases in hand. lol.

I don't mind the artwork but I really hate the font choices
*This item is a pre-order and is expected to ship June 30, 2022. We thank you for your patience. Please note that expected shipping dates are pending no unexpected delays, and may change due to Covid-19, USPS delays, or production changes*

Prepare to plunge into panic with Waxwork Records' release of KING KONG ESCAPES Original Motion Picture Score by Akira Ifukube (Godzilla, Mothra vs. Godzilla, War of the Gargantuas, & more) Directed by the king of kaiju, Ishirō Honda, KING KONG ESCAPES follows evil genius, Dr. Hu, on his mission to manipulate Kong into retrieving radioactive Element X from the North Pole. The film stars Rhodes Reason, Linda Miller, Mie Hama, & Akira Takarada.

Waxwork Records is honored to release the complete original film score by Akira Ifukube (Godzilla 1954, Mothra Vs. Godzilla, Destroy All Monsters, and many others) as a deluxe vinyl album officially for the first time outside of Japan. Enjoy the dynamic orchestrations that range from tranquility to combat as King Kong fights monsters and the wicked influence of Dr. Hu.

We are thrilled to present the official King Kong Escapes score with 180 gram “Element X” colored vinyl, deluxe packaging, new artwork by Ross Murray, heavyweight gatefold jackets with matte coating, a 12”x12” art print, and more!

King Kong Escapes Original Motion Picture Soundtrack Features:

The complete 1967 Film Score by Akira Ifukube
"Element X" Radioactive Green Colored Vinyl
New artwork by Ross Murray
12” x 12” Art Print
Heavyweight Gatefold Packaging with Matte Finish