Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
ScoJo wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:09 am A pal here is helping me get The Bride toy, but I'm passing on all the others. $24 each was always on the pricey side (go in to your local comics store - IP vinyl figures of twice this size or bigger invariably cost less....) These should be around $10, no doubt about it.

But launching five of them within a week (all with three month-ish pre-orders) seems mightily like WW needs cash right now. Fair do's, but I'm gong to hang ten and see whether these are still around once they're actually manufactured/distributed.
I had this exact thought when the email came through on this. At this price point I simply can’t bother doing another of these right now. They aren’t prohibitive, but also FIVE in such a short space is aggressive at this price point. I can imagine they need the revenue for sure but these are the sort of things that are cool bonus buys for me. If they live is still around in a month or two I’d likely throw it in with another order from them.
By Revolver_OcelScott
I agree. And especially because we're in this age of "buy it before it's 10x the price on eBay" it made me think to buy the 4 released on Friday.

Now, they announce another, so that's 121 dollars in trinkets in a 1 week period. I want the They Live one, but I already ordered the others on Friday, and my message to them has been ignored. If I'm gonna spend all this money on this stuff, I'd at least like to be able to combine my order so I'm not paying shipping on it.
By ScoJo
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:57 pm I agree. And especially because we're in this age of "buy it before it's 10x the price on eBay" it made me think to buy the 4 released on Friday.

Now, they announce another, so that's 121 dollars in trinkets in a 1 week period. I want the They Live one, but I already ordered the others on Friday, and my message to them has been ignored. If I'm gonna spend all this money on this stuff, I'd at least like to be able to combine my order so I'm not paying shipping on it.
Hear hear.

(and thanks again for helping a brother out :)
By Hatter313
inksb wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:51 pm
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:26 pm
ScoJo wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:05 pm Hear hear.

(and thanks again for helping a brother out :)
No problem at all!

Also, Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan, next Friday 11/13.

https://twitter.com/waxworkrecords/stat ... 16740?s=09
I hate this film. That is all.
Not as much as I hate “goes to hell” I guarantee it haha

But also yeah, dreadful
By Mateo Sanboval
[Takes Manhattan is no worse than the 6th best Jason film. It's science fact.
By Revolver_OcelScott
I enjoy all the movies 1-8. They vary in quality, but I find them very fun to watch. I've worked my way through 1-Goes to Hell in the new Scream Factory box set.

I actually enjoy Takes Manhattan, but pretty much for when he gets to Manhattan. I love how they put in every NYC stereotype of rape, drugs, robbery, thugs, grime in about 20 minutes. That being said, it's definitely low on my list, but I still find it a fun ride.

Goes to Hell is a funny one. Part of me appreciated that they tried to make it not just "Kills counselors at CCL" but it definitely isn't that great. It's definitely one of those movies that has a few great moments, bogged down by a boring movie. And it's funny, the title sequence feels straight out of a made for TV movie they way it's edited.
By Mateo Sanboval
ScoJo wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:26 pm
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:38 am [Takes Manhattan is no worse than the 6th best Halloween film. It's science fact.
FTFY!

Only honest answers, I don't give a hey - have at me :)
Is there a boat in H6 or jus a Rudd? The defense rests.
By ScoJo
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:30 pm
ScoJo wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:26 pm
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:38 am [Takes Manhattan is no worse than the 6th best Halloween film. It's science fact.
FTFY!

Only honest answers, I don't give a hey - have at me :)
Is there a boat in H6 or jus a Rudd? The defense rests.
That's a thorny question.

By Hatter313
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:01 pm
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:11 pm
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:43 pm I actually enjoy Takes Manhattan, but pretty much for when he gets to Vancouver.
FTFY
Hahaha very true. He was in times square for about 42 seconds though!
Too long to be there IMO
By inksb
This scene is like stabbing needles into my brain. I hate this so much.

It's funny I was so excited to watch VIII when I was first going through the series when I was younger, it was the only one that left me disappointed. It was the idea of him going to NYC that I was so excited only to have it be Jason hangs out on a boat for 85 of the 100 minutes (also that's too long for this type of movie). Upon revisiting the film a few years ago it was even worse than my 20 year memory of it.
By Mateo Sanboval
inksb wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:09 pm This scene is like stabbing needles into my brain. I hate this so much.

It's funny I was so excited to watch VIII when I was first going through the series when I was younger, it was the only one that left me disappointed. It was the idea of him going to NYC that I was so excited only to have it be Jason hangs out on a boat for 85 of the 100 minutes (also that's too long for this type of movie). Upon revisiting the film a few years ago it was even worse than my 20 year memory of it.
You need to drink more and/or better alcohol.
By ChrisMcQueen007
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:31 am
inksb wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:09 pm This scene is like stabbing needles into my brain. I hate this so much.

Yeah, it's shit - but it holds a special part in my heart as it was the first Friday film (and one of the first horror movies) I saw as a kid, I was 10 or 11. Last time I watched it was probably 20 years ago and I don't plan to revisit it (well, never say never). So to some extent this + Nightmare on Elm Street 3 form the basis for my whacky taste in movies, and I'm very grateful for that.
By ScoJo
ChrisMcQueen007 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:55 pm
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:31 am

Yeah, it's shit - but it holds a special part in my heart as it was the first Friday film (and one of the first horror movies) I saw as a kid, I was 10 or 11. Last time I watched it was probably 20 years ago and I don't plan to revisit it (well, never say never). So to some extent this + Nightmare on Elm Street 3 form the basis for my whacky taste in movies, and I'm very grateful for that.
You scored big time having the latter as a formative horror film.

You have a case against the makers for risking ruining everything for you with the former!

:D
By Revolver_OcelScott
Waxwork got back to me and gladly added They Live to the Halloween3/Myers set I had ordered. Still wish they had split these up a bit more, but honestly don't see myself getting many others. I'd probably grab a Dr. Loomis or Jason Voorhees one, but beyond that I don't know what others is care for.
By havershaw
Well, I was absolutely shocked to see that the Bride of Frankenstein LP shipped out to me today!

It’s not supposed to ship until January, according to the pre-order. Nice surprise.
By ScoJo
havershaw wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:47 pm Well, I was absolutely shocked to see that the Bride of Frankenstein LP shipped out to me today!

It’s not supposed to ship until January, according to the pre-order. Nice surprise.
Wow, really? And that's not a subscriber thang, that's the webstore version?