Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By chiefbrody
I'm just venting a little, but I've missed Dawn for the third time. I was looking for something to pair with it for the 50% off, and The Warriors appeared. Ideal. Offer didn't show on checkout for those 2 (and I didn't want to pay $80 plus postage, customs etc), but if you paired either with another record, the offer worked. I contacted WW by email and twitter and Dawn sold out while I waited for a reply. Magic!
By Bub
Chief, WW has a pretty good track record of repressing stuff that sold out during initial runs so I wouldn't be surprised if those were archived copies that they've unloaded cause a reissue is around the corner. Especially if their DOTD library record is still happening. Still sucks to not get it with a discount but I'm sure you'll end up with it eventually.
By NathanLurker
New subscription infos coming up today apparently. I missed last year but was a subber since the beginning before. Hopefully they announce good titles and good prices to get me back in ?
By Mateo Sanboval
I'm always interested to see what they have on offer, but I've never felt compelled to subscribe. Perhaps today will be different?
By Chuggers
havershaw wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:46 pm I subscribed the year they did NOTLD and I liked most of the releases that year, but nothing in 2019 did anything for me.
Same. '18 was fantastic. Wasn't in a secure enough place in the previous years, then this year's seemed, to me, completely underwhelming. This year...our beautiful 2 month old baby girl should easily help dissuade me from joining....🤔
By inksb
Henry Portrait of a Serial Killer
Friday the 13th Part VII
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II Secret of the OOZE
Friday the 13th Part VIII
Jacob's Ladder

Definite pass for me but I will most likely buy that TMNT release because I'm a fan of the Turtles and buy most Turtle related things.
By ScoJo
Yikes. The pass which is hardest for me (altho I will do a cursory check and see if there has been a Jacob's Ladder cd release which expands upon the OG album that I have. Could well be up for that.)
By NathanLurker
I'm for sure picking up the two F13. the other 3 I'm not sure. so, I'll just buy them when they're released rather than subscribing. I know nothing about the music of Henry and Jacob, never saw those movies, but I'll check them out.
By Hatter313
Passing for the first time in years, too much of it will be skips for me.
By lazyben
Easy pass - have an OG Henry, don't need any more F13 scores, zero interest in the turtles and don't remember the score to Jacob's Ladder so don't need that.

At least they've cut back on the other crap but don't want any of that either.

$200 is a "Significant price drop"?!?! How much was last year's (I skipped that too)?

After subbing for the first three years I'm not sure I bought a single thing from waxwork this year.

I'll spend my $200 on something old and Italian instead...
By Revolver_OcelScott
lazyben wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:22 pm Easy pass - have an OG Henry, don't need any more F13 scores, zero interest in the turtles and don't remember the score to Jacob's Ladder so don't need that.

At least they've cut back on the other crap but don't want any of that either.

$200 is a "Significant price drop"?!?! How much was last year's (I skipped that too)?

After subbing for the first three years I'm not sure I bought a single thing from waxwork this year.

I'll spend my $200 on something old and Italian instead...
50 bucks less. To be fair, when all is said and done, with shipping being included, this subscription would probably equal out to the cost. I'm considering it.
By reddye6
skeletonbutt wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:00 am the important question hasn't been asked: how much coffee will be included with the subscription (whether you drink it or not)
None!

And no mug!
By havershaw
havershaw wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:00 am Hard pass for me too.

I’m F13’d out and TMNT are not my jam.

oh well, I’m sure I can find *something* else to spend money on (money I probably don’t need to be spending).
By Bezulsqy
I am still on the fence for this one. I just like the concept of a subscription. But I prefer the Terror Vision kind and not know what is coming.

I do find it funny to read that some really want the Friday titles but not sure on the other titles. And others vice versa.

Next to the past subscription titles I only bought 3 other titles this year... Maybe skip on the sub and save the money for their next discount sale. In the end most titles will be available or re-issued. And with releases by everyone else how much records can one buy :-)
By Revolver_OcelScott
I've never joined a subscription, but I'm really thinking about this one. I definitely want the F13ths. Listened to some of Henry and I dug it, but I don't remember Jacob's Ladder or TMNTII. And I'm sure I'll be grabbing at least 2 or 3 titles during the year, so i'd probably "break even" on the records alone, so all the extras would essentially be free. And I could always sell JL/TMNTII if I didn't dig them.

They sell the subscription until the New Year or until Xmas?
By inksb
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 pm TMNTII has a Vanilla Ice track. All you need to know.
Since it's the score and not the soundtrack I doubt we will get the Vanilla Ice track. But I'd love to have it be the last track on the album. It's so bad.