Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By The Cult Leader
inksb wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:20 pm
Not sure I really like the choice in composition here, the illustration is well executed but I don't like it at all
Have a project wrapping up with Graham Humphreys that's been in the works for almost 2 years now. Pretty happy with how the art turned out.
FB_IMG_1696608145212.jpg
FB_IMG_1696608145212.jpg (127.16 KiB) Viewed 1445 times
FB_IMG_1696608150823.jpg
FB_IMG_1696608150823.jpg (165.63 KiB) Viewed 1445 times
FB_IMG_1696608161665.jpg
FB_IMG_1696608161665.jpg (141.1 KiB) Viewed 1445 times
By inksb
The Cult Leader wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:07 pm
inksb wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:20 pm
Not sure I really like the choice in composition here, the illustration is well executed but I don't like it at all
Have a project wrapping up with Graham Humphreys that's been in the works for almost 2 years now. Pretty happy with how the art turned out.
This looks fantastic. Is there going to be prints for sale at all?
By The Cult Leader
This looks fantastic. Is there going to be prints for sale at all?

Afraid not. All are spoken for. Graham will have some APs available later down the line. I will have a limited amount of Halloween 3 & American Werewolf leftover I can put you down for if interested. Not printed yet, but I can set one aside for you.
By Bub
Waxwork is having a sale for their FB group.

The first Fanger Sale Friday is LIVE! We’re launching just a few minutes early, too! Enjoy 40% OFF select in stock items across our website by using the discount code FANGER40 at checkout! Enjoy and Happy Fanger Sale Friday, y’all!

Pre-orders & Beetlejuice are excluded. Sale ends tonight at 12am CST
By inksb
334578rpm wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:37 am Hoped to use it on DotD. Apparently that's a pre-order again?
Yeah it's been sold out for a few weeks so the new sale I assume is a pre-order for the next batch they press?
By inksb
2024 Sub

Phantasm
Bubba Ho-Tep
House on Haunted Hill
Barbarian
The Exorcist III
Salem's Lot

That last one is kind of puzzling as they have already done it unless they just used the poster for the original TV series when it's actually for the new film that's been sitting on the shelf for over a year over at the studio.
By reddye6
And Phantasm is supposed to be newly remastered with unheard music. It's 2 LPs.
By 334578rpm
inksb wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:36 am
That last one is kind of puzzling as they have already done it unless they just used the poster for the original TV series when it's actually for the new film that's been sitting on the shelf for over a year over at the studio.
To me it reads like a repress with new art and remastered audio.
Nice of them to repress it, but a strange choice for a subscription indeed.
By inksb
Yeah The Exorcist III is the only big one here for me. I expect to be severely disappointed in what ever art they choose for Phantasm. And I'm curious about Bubba Ho-Top.
By ScoJo
Can’t say I’m not curious about the expanded/from tapes Phantasm. My best guess is that Myrow/Seagrave scored the various ‘deleted’ scenes before they were cut, so the tapes include those cues. I guess there might be some alt/different mixes too. Look forward to seeing the details emerge.

Of course there’s every chance of minimal additional material and WW spreading it all across 2xLPs at 45. Love how they describe a double album as ‘multi lps’ ;)

And you know I can never resist a pop at the expense of their, shall we say… ‘exhuberant’ copywriting - they need someone who can tutor them in ending a sentence in something other than an exclamation mark!
By deafmetal
As a completist, I am interested in the Phantasm 2LP. I would expect other obsessives like our dear @ScoJo to be eyeballing the tracklist/runtimes, and comparing to both the Varese and Silva Screen CD releases (has an extra track and five "new recordings"). If expanded/new tracks, eventual analysis against those previous releases as well as the mysterious 1979 Seven Seas Japan pressing. Waxwork also teased Phantasm 2 on their IG page.

All in on Exorcist III.
By inksb
$50 is steep but also if you were to order the Japanese pressing it's $80-90 and I've seen a few shops charging over $100 for it.

I'll grab the Waxworks one eventually, not too keen on the 4 month pre-order
By bpwlogan
I'll pick up this next subscription. The records I've ordered from them in the past year have been good and the pressing are a lot better than they were two years ago. I haven't a clue about Barbarian and you'd think they would find something else to add to this sub besides a repress of Salem's Lot. Exorcist III is the main selling point for me on this one.
By inksb
bpwlogan wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:58 pm I'll pick up this next subscription. The records I've ordered from them in the past year have been good and the pressing are a lot better than they were two years ago. I haven't a clue about Barbarian and you'd think they would find something else to add to this sub besides a repress of Salem's Lot. Exorcist III is the main selling point for me on this one.
Barbarian has a good score, it's something I would definitely pick up from a normal label for 25-30 for single lp but knowing Waxworks it will be 35-40 and I'll probably wait for a sale.

It is really quite odd to include a repress with this package, it's not like they won't have like 10 other albums released this year. Hell even including Minus One would have been a better move
By bpwlogan
@Inksb- Agree, maybe offer this subscription with two somewhat newer scores instead of the usual one, and make one of the two newer scores exclusive to the sub.
By Revolver_OcelScott
deafmetal wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:19 pm
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:30 pm Man, I wanna get Godzilla: Minus One, but 50 bucks for a damn 2LP....
Toho licensing might be at play there. If you have not yet ordered from godzilla.com, they have a 15% off code KAIJU15 for first order: https://godzilla.com/collections/vinyl/ ... soundtrack
That sealed it for me. Hopefully their ship ships them protected.