Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Revolver_OcelScott
Couldn't decide which color to choose. Both are themed so well with the overall theme of the package. Ended up going with Cemetery Splatter. Almost wish there was a one disc of each option.
By inksb
I want to know why they price stuff the way they do.

I bought F13 part IV for $35
Part V is $35
That makes sense, both double LP's fancy packaging (4 in particular is quite nice).
Part VI is now $40 , it's still a double LP, I don't see any added value from the other two.
Here come the reissues (I don't remember these prices from before)
Part 1 & 2 $30, single LP but gatefold packaging. Sure I get it, it's the going rate for something like this now.
Part 3 is $45. WHY? What makes this one $10 more than Parts IV & V. They didn't even have to pay anyone for the artwork this time, everything is already done, it's needs to be sent back to the manufacture? Higher licensing fees? I assume all of these were licensed from the same company.
By havershaw
Actually, one of the color variants on Part 3 is $50!

There is no explanation as to why the 3D splatter is more expensive. The jackets appear to be exactly the same (at least, they don’t say anything to the contrary, and on social media they even bragged that this time they made all of the covers 3D).
By reddye6
Any thoughts on the 2019 Pet Semetary score? I didn’t see the film, but Christopher Young composed the music.
By inksb
reddye6 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:42 pm Any thoughts on the 2019 Pet Semetary score? I didn’t see the film, but Christopher Young composed the music.
I have not but I just checked google and it's on there under Various Artist (even though it's 99% Christopher Young except the last track), I assume it's on Spotify. I'm going to give it a listen right now and see what it's like as I haven't seen the film yet either.
By havershaw
I saw it.

For me, it was literally one of the worst, most laughable movies I’ve ever seen.

Don’t remember anything about the score, which either tells me it was forgettable, or the movie was just that infuriating to me.
By Hatter313
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:43 am Image
This made my day.

That movie was just so bland. I didn’t understand the decision for that major change at all, especially when they producers came out and said that they felt the original way couldn’t have been done believably or something like that... I mean...they did it 30 years prior to great effect so I’m not sure what they were talking about. I like both lead actors immensely too, but it just didn’t do anything for me. And as much as a like lithgow, Fred Gwynn is just to ingrained in my brain as Jud that there was no way around it for me, and I’m usually very open to remakes and different adaptations of things I like. I’m always curious to see how some one else does it, but this just didn’t even capture the feel of the book. Yes, it’s a very sad dark story, but there’s a camp element (see complaints about new creepshow) that King’s work always has a little bit of, even when he’s at his most serious and moody there’s always a bit of pulpy, folksy tone in there, it’s what sets him apart. The original movie is like an extended 50s horror comic without any gags, but it’s still kinda pulpy and fun and out there. The new one leaned too far into melancholy and forgot atmosphere.
By reddye6
So I just checked out the 2019 Pet Semetary score on Spotify, and it was pretty decent, I thought. The score had some nice experimental scraping, dark ambient, and jittery electronic moments that I liked, such as on the track "Church Isn't Church." It also had some of the usual solo piano for melancholy stand-ins. It wasn't a revolutionary score, but standing apart from the film, which I haven't seen, it was enjoyable.
By tim28212
reddye6 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:42 pm So I just checked out the 2019 Pet Semetary score on Spotify, and it was pretty decent, I thought. The score had some nice experimental scraping, dark ambient, and jittery electronic moments that I liked, such as on the track "Church Isn't Church." It also had some of the usual solo piano for melancholy stand-ins. It wasn't a revolutionary score, but standing apart from the film, which I haven't seen, it was enjoyable.
I liked it. I haven't seen the movie either so it was a stand alone listen for me. It's a horror score from Christopher Young so for me a no brainer. I haven't picked it up yet but will at some point. Recently I tend to hold out on new waxwork releases unless it something I think will sell out. Friday part 6 is the first one I've picked up on release date since NOTLD a year ago. I tend hold out in hopes of finding them a bit cheaper on ebay or discogs.
By 334578rpm
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:02 pm
334578rpm wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:08 am Dawn of the dead is showing back in stock at WW's website.
Wow, nice eye. I already have it, buy I hope those who missed it can grab it. Especially with the buy one get one 50% deal
Yeah I was looking for something to pair with TGitH for the 50 off sale, and saw it no long said sold out and let me add it to the cart. Already got shipping confirmation too.
By inksb
334578rpm wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:11 pm
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:02 pm
334578rpm wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:08 am Dawn of the dead is showing back in stock at WW's website.
Wow, nice eye. I already have it, buy I hope those who missed it can grab it. Especially with the buy one get one 50% deal
Yeah I was looking for something to pair with TGitH for the 50 off sale, and saw it no long said sold out and let me add it to the cart. Already got shipping confirmation too.
Oh man I wish I had the extra cash right now, I would order Don't Go In the House and Dawn of the Dead. Oh well.