Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
White Zombie OST

Presented by Rob Zombie....

https://waxworkrecords.com/collections/ ... ite-zombie
Rob Zombie and Waxwork Records have partnered to release an exclusive, curated line of classic Horror movie soundtracks. “Rob Zombie Presents” will feature several never-before-released film soundtracks that were personally selected by the singer, songwriter, and filmmaker.

“I have always been a huge fan of movie soundtracks. So I jumped at the opportunity to work with Waxwork on this project.” Says Zombie, “I can’t wait to release these albums. So many of these films are greatly under appreciated and, they all contain such great music. So, to be able to release these deluxe packages is a dream come true.“ - Rob Zombie

Rob Zombie and Waxwork are thrilled to announce their first soundtrack title as “Rob Zombie Presents WHITE ZOMBIE”. Starring Bela Lugosi, 1932’s WHITE ZOMBIE is considered the first zombie movie. It was also filmed on Universal Studio’s lot, using several props from other horror films of that time. Starring Madge Bellamy, Robert W. Frazer, and John Harron, the film follows the cast as they navigate zombies, love, obsession, and treachery. Initially slammed by critics upon its release, the movie has been reevaluated and praised by recent critics for its classic horror production. The film has gone on to influence mainstream media, even influencing the band name of White Zombie. Rob Zombie has said of the film, “It’s a great film that not a lot of people know about. It amazes me that a film that is so readily available can be so lost.”

After working together on the successful release of the official soundtracks to Zombie’s films House of 1000 Corpses, The Devils Rejects, 3 From Hell, The Lords of Salem, Halloween 1 & 2, and The Munsters, Zombie explored other ways to collaborate with Waxwork in an effort to unearth, re-master, and release classic, left-of-center Horror soundtracks from films that he is a life-long fan of. The line of soundtracks features deluxe packaging, heavyweight colored vinyl, new artwork by prominent Horror illustrator Graham Humphreys, liner notes and interviews conducted by Rob Zombie with filmmakers and actors. Titles include premiere releases of Spider Baby, Carnival Of Souls, The Last Man On Earth, The House On Haunted Hill, Island Of Lost Souls, and many selections from the HAMMER film library.

ROB ZOMBIE PRESENTS WHITE ZOMBIE Original Motion Picture Soundtrack Features:

The Original Soundtrack Available For The First Time On Vinyl
Liner Notes by Rob Zombie
180 Gram "Zombie & Jungle" Hand Poured Colored Vinyl
Old Style Tip-On Gatefold Jackets with Matte Satin Coating
New Art by Graham Humphreys
12"x12" Insert

By NathanLurker
That branding should have been an obi or a minimal, non intrusive logo like NWR used in his collaboration with Milan.

Otherwise, I'm pleasantly surprised by this title announcement. Will definitely pick this up.
By Chuggers
NathanLurker wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:53 pm That branding should have been an obi or a minimal, non intrusive logo like NWR used in his collaboration with Milan.

Otherwise, I'm pleasantly surprised by this title announcement. Will definitely pick this up.
Yes, that would've been the way to go. The potential for this series of lps is beyond intriguing
By ScoJo
I’m not against classic horror score releases, it’s a good idea. But this is classic WW up to their old NOTLD tricks with no mention on ANY of the packaging who the composers are.

So for anyone who is actually interested - most of the music in WZ is adapted classical, along with this short opening ‘chant’ by Guy Bevier:

https://youtu.be/2nrT0Pc_FhM
By NathanLurker
Yeah that's a flaw for sure. I think of Four Flies, Schema, etc. You always get some text about the composer. I think all Library LPs I have show credits for each individual track from the album. It would be nice if they'd take the time to properly credit and note these releases.

Although, we can count on you, to give us the details right Scojo? :)
By Hatter313
I’m really excited by the graham humphreys art on this. I’m sure y’all aren’t, you negative Nancys, but I like it :).
By NathanLurker
I like the art too. I'm looking forward to the teased titles as well: Spider Baby, Carnival Of Souls, The Last Man On Earth, The House On Haunted Hill, Island Of Lost Souls, and many selections from the HAMMER film library.

Carnival of Souls should be fantastic. I need to rewatch Last Man on Earth and House on Haunted Hill to remember the music, but I love those movies.
By Hatter313
NathanLurker wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:43 pm I like the art too. I'm looking forward to the teased titles as well: Spider Baby, Carnival Of Souls, The Last Man On Earth, The House On Haunted Hill, Island Of Lost Souls, and many selections from the HAMMER film library.

Carnival of Souls should be fantastic. I need to rewatch Last Man on Earth and House on Haunted Hill to remember the music, but I love those movies.
Woah woah woah, I missed that tease of future titles. That’s gonna be a real problem for my space…I hope they all actually happen.

I’ve got a carnival of souls release but I welcome another!
By ScoJo
Hatter313 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:21 pm
NathanLurker wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:43 pm I like the art too. I'm looking forward to the teased titles as well: Spider Baby, Carnival Of Souls, The Last Man On Earth, The House On Haunted Hill, Island Of Lost Souls, and many selections from the HAMMER film library.

Woah woah woah, I missed that tease of future titles. That’s gonna be a real problem for my space…I hope they all actually happen.

I’ve got a carnival of souls release but I welcome another!
I have the Citadel mono Carnival of Souls lp, love it, though there is also a stereo imaged CD release which I’ll bet will be the source for the WW.
By Bezulsqy
I have never seen White Zombie. Well, I haven't seen a lot of those really old horror movies...
The artwork I like. That Rob Zombie presents not so much.
And I really hated that NWR logo on those releases. Might have been a bot more subtle but the artwork of those wasn't very interesting if my memory serves me right.

Waxwork has been releasing a new soundtrack every week it seems. Aren't people broke yet from paying bills and buying records? I am waiting on another sale before buying some more Waxwork records.
By inksb
I just saw this and had to share it. I laughed way too hard at this person's reply. Is this your average Waxwork fan? lol

New Project (2).png
New Project (2).png (364.53 KiB) Viewed 2496 times
By tim28212
inksb wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:37 pm I just saw this and had to share it. I laughed way too hard at this person's reply. Is this your average Waxwork fan? lol

New Project (2).png
It might be your average vinyl collector these days. One of those who doesn't even own a turntable.
By Hatter313
I refuse to believe that’s not a troll….
By inksb
I just assumed that's the sub variant and the widely available version won't be coming til later. Since they have already done two of the sub records so far but no wide release for them either. I could be wrong I have no idea how they actually work. Just my assumptions
By inksb
The Funhouse goes on sale Friday

Here's the cover reveal, art by Ghoulish Gary

Not sure I really like the choice in composition here, the illustration is well executed but I don't like it at all

Screenshot 2023-08-30 161706.jpg
Screenshot 2023-08-30 161706.jpg (106.18 KiB) Viewed 1530 times
By Bub
Not feeling that at all. He should've gone with a carnival type layout similar to this.
tumblr_nuckcrAhhW1tnrtgbo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_nuckcrAhhW1tnrtgbo1_1280.jpg (344.81 KiB) Viewed 1501 times
By inksb
Here's the tracklist, looks like it was as suspected the Intrada CD tracklist.

The gatefold is much better than the cover art. Funny enough it just feels like a continuation of what he did on the Mondo Monster Squad release. This is more fitting than the actual cover imo.

Screenshot 2023-09-01 125505.jpg
Screenshot 2023-09-01 125505.jpg (192.48 KiB) Viewed 1478 times
Screenshot 2023-09-01 125445.jpg
Screenshot 2023-09-01 125445.jpg (129.75 KiB) Viewed 1478 times