Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By waxworkrecords
Hey, thanks for letting us know this. Our UK distributor has their stock of Re-Animator vinyl, and should be filling orders. We'll look into this and get it sorted out. Purchases within the UK should all be filled at this point, especially if you pre-ordered. There shouldn't be any delay.

We'll find out what's going on. We totally understand that buying from Amazon can save some money on shipping, but we urge anyone who wants to get their records shipped out same day of purchase to pre-order or purchase directly from the Waxwork website.
By Re-animated Cat
Hey, thanks for that, much appreciated. Yeah, I thought all pre-orders would have been fulfilled without problems. So something's gone wrong somewhere along the line.

And yeah, I'd love to have pre-ordered directly from you guys, but with US>UK shipping being what it is, Amazon worked out almost half price. As much I prefer not to support Amazon, you can't argue with that. Also, at the time when I pre-ordered it (in June) I don't remember there being any other places offering the pre-order in the UK. So it was a choice between getting it direct from you or Amazon UK. You should hit up Norman Records for future releases!

Anyway, still looking forward to getting my hands on it!
By hncreature
Beauty...beauty...beauty release folks! Just got mine yesterday...thanks much!
By badawat
Mine arrived yesterday via Norman Records in UK, along with Solaris and Entkopplung.
By layneharvey
here is my post with picture from the "Show Off Your Latest Purchases" thread. totally bitchin'. :)

re-animator green and glow soundtracks
By chandler75
Ordering from the label is unfortunately not really an option for me (I'm located in Denmark).

1 vinyl would be $25 + $18 postage + 25 % VAT + an administrative fee of $28.5 from the post office for calculating the VAT (insane, I know) = $96.5 total for 1 vinyl (!). So Amazon UK or another EU distributor is really the only alternative.
By chandler75
By the way, I get a 404 ERROR - Not Found when clicking the teaser on the front page (both Re-Animator and Rosemary).
By layneharvey
sheezus christ! $28.50 fee for calculating the VAT? they probably have a computer do that with no human interaction. unreal.
By chandler75
layneharvey: Yes, it's nuts. I could get lucky and have the item go right through customs (it happens) and then only have to pay the label costs, but I'm not willing to take that chance.

Another alternative could be if the label could mark the thing as a gift and not list a price, but as I understand it that's not entirely by the book (especially for companies - it's usually not a problem for private sellers/traders), so I wouldn't ask that.

I'm just glad that there's the Amazon UK alternative and I don't mind waiting a bit :)
By fluppeco
everything that is marked under $30 gets a pass at import tax and VAT when entering the EU. I mostly order from Amazon.com, it's mosly the cheapest and if you order like 5 records you pay $3 shipping for each. They always send them separately so the listed price is always below $30 unless you buy very pricey vinyl.
By chandler75
fluppeco: That's only in certain EU countries, because here in Denmark it's only everything that's marked under $14 - and that's the price + shipping.
By StrangeVices
Finally got mine and it looks stunning and sounds even better! Amazing job Waxwork!
By pabloeterovic
finally my order made through amazon US shipped!
can't wait to get it
any news with rosemary's baby release date?
By DISCOSUCKS...
I gave up on Amazon UK and managed to get mine from Polar Bear records in Birmingham (UK) - they have a few more in stock if anyone else is hunting :)
They also have a Discogs store: www.discogs.com/user/stevepolarbear

For a first release it is an amazing job - sleeve art, sound quality, design, poster...it's out of the park guys! Well done, please keep 'em coming :)
By unpopular_poet
I have to second discosucks -- this is really first class for a first release. Well done.
By waxworkrecords
Hey guys,

Thanks for the kind words! Thanks for being on board with us. It means a lot. Apologies for being away from the board for the past few days. We've been swamped in Re-Animator mode!
Light in the Attic and F-Minor have both sold out of Re-Animator. We have a very limited supply left available on our website.
We can't begin to explain how flattered and humbled we are that you guys dig our first release. We vow to put tons of effort and thought into each release by re-visiting master tapes, and just making a great product to have all around.

Our next release will be John Harrison's incredible synth driven score to George A. Romero's Day of the Dead.
We will have details available here and on our website next week, along with sneak peeks of the art work, and production videos.

The release is going to be absolutely insane. Expect a double 180 gram LP release, over an hour worth of music (every cue used in the film / mostly never before released), incredible artwork, essay length liner notes from George Romero and John Harrison, a zombie flesh colored variant, and tons more. A lot of effort and love is going into Day of the Dead. We're shooting for a September release. Details soon!
By layneharvey
@waxwork records - i know i just replied to your tweet, but gaaaah! holy shit! this is gonna be crazy good. very excited about DOTD. 180 gram? double LP? lots of never-before-released stuff? jesus h. chrysler, this is gonna be a hell of a release. then following it up with ROSEMARY'S BABY? i need to go take a breather.
By StrangeVices
So awesome!!! DOTD's score is phenomenal and my favorite from John Harrison. The double LP with extras announcement made me throw up in my mouth.

Major congrats to @waxwork records and I'm pumped that all this success is only just the beginning. Sick!
By palmat
Great news indeed! DOTD and Rosemary´s Baby is nothing but spectacular that will give DW a serious run for their money in pure awesomeness.
By siforster
As a heads-up to UK types, Manchester's lovely Piccadilly Records now have this in stock:

Clicky O'Link
By waxworkrecords
Ha! We feel the same way. Trust us!
By albatard
I really hope that amazon.co.uk will be able to ship this soon! I really can't afford to buy directly from you guys as shipping rates from USA have just gone insane recently, 18$ shipping to France is just way too much...
By gilsteph
I should read this forum more carefully! Just ordered direct when I could have picked up from Piccadilly....never mind! Anyway great release :-)
By Re-animated Cat
Oh dear, my Amazon UK order has been pushed back again. Now saying delivery estimate is between 21st August and 11th September! I don't think it's going to happen.

Think I'll start looking elsewhere...