Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
ScoJo wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:27 pm The Bride has arrived! Huge thanks to @RevOcelot for snagging for me and sending my way, well worth the wait - it's quite lovely. Turned up at the exact right time to qualify as a bday gift to myself :)

Again, I would love a non-Spinny Thingy version of this sculpt as a larger vinyl bust, around 8inch height would be amazing. I'd go 50 bucks for such a wonder.

FullSizeRender(2).jpg
Happy birthday sir, mine’s Saturday so I won’t say you exactly in “good” company but it’s company nonetheless, cheers :)
By ScoJo
Hatter313 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:26 pm
ScoJo wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:27 pm The Bride has arrived! Huge thanks to @RevOcelot for snagging for me and sending my way, well worth the wait - it's quite lovely. Turned up at the exact right time to qualify as a bday gift to myself :)

Again, I would love a non-Spinny Thingy version of this sculpt as a larger vinyl bust, around 8inch height would be amazing. I'd go 50 bucks for such a wonder.

FullSizeRender(2).jpg
Happy birthday sir, mine’s Saturday so I won’t say you exactly in “good” company but it’s company nonetheless, cheers :)
Saturday is also my sister's! Mine isn't until next Tuesday but cheers sir - git down with your bad self :)
By Hatter313
ScoJo wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:07 pm
Hatter313 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:26 pm

FullSizeRender(2).jpg
Saturday is also my sister's! Mine isn't until next Tuesday but cheers sir - git down with your bad self :)
Many happy returns to Sister Jo as well!
By Revolver_OcelScott

FullSizeRender(2).jpg
Glad it arrived well and happy birthday! My pleasure,I'd be happy to help again in the future and hopefully the shipping won't be so rough on you!
By CrossedPete
So this is purely speculation but WW posted a video earlier this week, in the background in one shot was a poster for The Abominable Doctor Phibes. This could just be coincidence but I believe it’s a tease to a new release.
By ScoJo
CrossedPete wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:15 pm So this is purely speculation but WW posted a video earlier this week, in the background in one shot was a poster for The Abominable Doctor Phibes. This could just be coincidence but I believe it’s a tease to a new release.
Interesting... though I'd personally be very surprised. Jonny Trunk was a very good friend of Basil Kirchin, and gatekeeper of many of his tapes. He's been slowly but surely releasing everything. I reached out to him about Phibes last year to see if it was in the works, and he replied that yep, it was on the schedule for a vinyl release sometime. For now you can grab the two full music suites (30mins worth) digitally from Trunk's site for next-to-bupkiss. ( I believe he is also planning to re-release The Shuttered Room, which he previously pressed in very limited number of copies with screenprinted sleeve which fetch mega bank these days...)

I guess it's entirely possible that WW might be planning to reissue the original AIP album, with Darktown Strutters and Paul Frees etc/minimal Kirchin cues.

https://trunkrecords.greedbag.com/buy/d ... -pictur-0/
By CrossedPete
ScoJo wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:55 pm
CrossedPete wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:15 pm So this is purely speculation but WW posted a video earlier this week, in the background in one shot was a poster for The Abominable Doctor Phibes. This could just be coincidence but I believe it’s a tease to a new release.
Interesting... though I'd personally be very surprised. Jonny Trunk was a very good friend of Basil Kirchin, and gatekeeper of many of his tapes. He's been slowly but surely releasing everything. I reached out to him about Phibes last year to see if it was in the works, and he replied that yep, it was on the schedule for a vinyl release sometime. For now you can grab the two full music suites (30mins worth) digitally from Trunk's site for next-to-bupkiss. ( I believe he is also planning to re-release The Shuttered Room, which he previously pressed in very limited number of copies with screenprinted sleeve which fetch mega bank these days...)

I guess it's entirely possible that WW might be planning to reissue the original AIP album, with Darktown Strutters and Paul Frees etc/minimal Kirchin cues.

https://trunkrecords.greedbag.com/buy/d ... -pictur-0/
Like I said it was just a wild guess but the fact you can confirm that it will be somehow re-released is very exciting to me.

Don’t know The Shuttered Room will have to investigate
By Hatter313
anyone who subbed this year, have you gotten shipments? i have a shipment that apparently went out on April 13th and has not moved from the post office in New Orleans. I emailed them about this and some other orders and only got an answer for one question lol.
By reddye6
Hatter313 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:39 pm anyone who subbed this year, have you gotten shipments? i have a shipment that apparently went out on April 13th and has not moved from the post office in New Orleans. I emailed them about this and some other orders and only got an answer for one question lol.
I got my Alice Sweet Alice/t-shirt/sweatshirt on April 22. It was relatively quick; the New Orleans post office got it on April 14, and I got it a week later. They shipped everything as media mail.
By inksb
Hatter313 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:39 pm anyone who subbed this year, have you gotten shipments? i have a shipment that apparently went out on April 13th and has not moved from the post office in New Orleans. I emailed them about this and some other orders and only got an answer for one question lol.
That New Orleans post office is fucked. My copy of TMNT2 sat at it for almost 3 weeks before finally moving.
By Hatter313
inksb wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:14 pm
That New Orleans post office is fucked. My copy of TMNT2 sat at it for almost 3 weeks before finally moving.
Yeah, i really have had terrible waiting times with them. the combination of the New Orleans post office on one side the NJ northeast distro center on the other...yikes.
By Hatter313
WOW, just got a flurry of emails from them regarding spinature delays, refunds, and delayed packages. glad to know its not me haha!

Unfortunately looks like there was a licensing or covid delay issue and they have to cancel the invisible man and the mummy spinatures, which is a real shame because these things were really nice sculpts so far and the IM doesn't get enough love in merch :(.
By ScoJo
Hatter313 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:39 pm WOW, just got a flurry of emails from them regarding spinature delays, refunds, and delayed packages. glad to know its not me haha!

Unfortunately looks like there was a licensing or covid delay issue and they have to cancel the invisible man and the mummy spinatures, which is a real shame because these things were really nice sculpts so far and the IM doesn't get enough love in merch :(.
B35652E0-DE2A-4231-9E88-E09DA914ED61-1571-0000027A73CC46B0.gif
B35652E0-DE2A-4231-9E88-E09DA914ED61-1571-0000027A73CC46B0.gif (1.22 MiB) Viewed 3795 times

By Revolver_OcelScott
inksb wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:22 pm Damn that sucks. I kind of want the H3 ones at that price.
The Spinniatures are really nice, just a really shitty thing to do especially since they even say in their post "a big thanks to everyone who made this first wave a success"

Makes me really likely to buy more in the future!
By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:25 pm
inksb wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:22 pm Damn that sucks. I kind of want the H3 ones at that price.
The Spinniatures are really nice, just a really shitty thing to do especially since they even say in their post "a big thanks to everyone who made this first wave a success"

Honestly they must have not sold anywhere near as much as they expected. They are running the sale til the end of the month. That's crazy.
By monsterworship
inksb wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:52 pm
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:25 pm

Honestly they must have not sold anywhere near as much as they expected. They are running the sale til the end of the month. That's crazy.

specially because the ones i preordered last year just showed up a week ago.
By Hatter313
yeah between that and the cancellation of the other universal monsters ones...not a great look. they are a cool thing for sure and i'm surprised by how much i like them, but to drop the price that much after they finally arrive...yikes.