Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By waxworkrecords
Official thread for Waxwork Records.

Waxwork Records specializes in the release of horror, cult, and sci-fi cinema scores in deluxe LP packages.

www.waxworkrecords.com

Located in New Orleans, La.
By Jeff
Awesome, welcome! Killer first release, I can't wait for it to show.
By brainacherecords
I read something recently about working with a distributor.
Was just wondering if they'll be getting Re-Animator or if its for future releases only. Would be great to be able to pick one up in the UK to save the killer international shipping.
By waxworkrecords
Hey, AwesomeForrest. We're distributed by Light In The Attic and F-Minor. You'll be able to find our releases, including Re-Animator, in stores in the UK. A limited amount will be shipped. Thanks!
By joemasakari
Cool. Seems like you are basically following with the Deathwaltz style but I love. Will snag when I get more money the fog set me back
By danse macabre
Ordered your Re-Animator a week or two back. So psyched for it! Re-Animator has always been one of favorite movies, and I love how Band "homaged" the Psycho score with his work on the film. Any hints towards future releases? Or are you focused solely on Re-Animator right now?
By waxworkrecords
Thanks for the kind words, danse macabre. Re-Animator is a fantastic score, and Ghoulish Gary Pullin did an outstanding job on the full LP package art.

We'll have details on release number two soon. I can assure you that every detail about it will be a jaw-dropper.
By dob66
Looks and sounds special. great to see so much good stuff creeping out.
By dob66
Is the colour variant only from Waxworks HQ or will it be found totally randomly?

Best of luck-i reckon you've a guaranteed sellout.
By hncreature
Great...yet ANOTHER horror soundtrack label...I LOVE IT!!! Re-Animator ordered!
By waxworkrecords
Hey dob66, the glow wax is totally random.
By dob66
Sweet-always feel a bit guilty not buying direct from source but Amazon.co.uk has a nice price.
By reanimated
Preordered! excited about this release :)
By chuck
Kevin and Suzy, a pleasure to meet you both!

By kissoffboardy
Salivating over Reanimator, so pre-ordered, but importing into the UK always conjures up the painful possibility of getting hit with the VAT & handling charges if the goods are over the 15 quid limit.

Ouch!
By PaulZaza
yeah!:) i'm really excited about what comes inthe future from your label.. laready preordered re-animator despite that i have the original vinyl but the new one looks stunning as hell
By aeonblack
I missed the pre-order on this one, but I'll definitely be picking it up once it's released!
By unpopular_poet
Pre-ordered this one! Pretty psyched!
By Upstart
This is awesome, super excited to see more of this out there!
Did you use Pullin because he'd already done work with DW and had a proven track record??
When I saw this drop I thought "wow! you must have been working on this for ages!" Did you put lots of thought into this? Or did it all kind of fall into place for you? Seems so natural.

Keep up the hard work!
By waxworkrecords
Hey Upstart,

Thanks! We went with Gary Pullin because we're fans of his art work. We've been following his work with Rue Morgue for years, and getting him to do the art for Re-Animator was a no brainer. His style ties in well with the theme of the film.

We've been working hard. Stuff like this does take time. A lot of work goes into manufacturing these releases (and I'm speaking for all of the soundtrack labels, I'm sure). That's why physical product, such as vinyl, is so special.
You get to hold it, share it with your friends, and keep it forever. That's pretty cool.
By waxworkrecords
So, you guys wanted hints...

George A. Romero will be contributing director liner notes for our next release.
By Purplemule74
I officially had to change my shorts after hearing that George Romero was contributing liner notes to the next release. I'm going to be in trouble with my wife if you keep hinting at great vinyl in the works.
By Jeff
Sooooo...Day of the Dead! Cool. Any idea of a preorder date? Gotta ration funds with so many great LP's dropping.

Also, any clue on who the artist will be working on the cover?

Anyway, despite having the original, I'm excited for this too.