Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By havershaw
I’m sure the positive online comments on Curtains will be a salve to them after the bloodbath of the Munsters single they released yesterday. Comments were overwhelmingly brutal.

(look the single up on YouTube at your own peril)
By reddye6
havershaw wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:38 pm I’m sure the positive online comments on Curtains will be a salve to them after the bloodbath of the Munsters single they released yesterday. Comments were overwhelmingly brutal.

(look the single up on YouTube at your own peril)
If it's this, the comments were turned off: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE8AJrGjS9M

Holy shit, though, it sucks.
By havershaw
inksb wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:11 pm Everything about The Munsters looks like a train wreck but it seems to be very deliberate in it's awfulness.
Agreed. I don’t really have any undying devotion to the original show, so I don’t have a dog in the fight, but I admit, I am somewhat spellbound by how terrible it all looks.

The artwork on this single (done by Zombie) - it’s so terrible and modern clip art-ish. It is *staggeringly* awful, to me.

The comments on all the Waxwork socials were just nightmarish.

(I don’t really think people need to point out to labels that they aren’t thrilled about a release if it’s not their thing but I was just amazed by how overwhelmingly negative the reaction was.)
Last edited by havershaw on Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By havershaw
ScoJo wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:18 pm Re: Zombie - somebody should man up and say no to that mutherfucker
As someone who enjoys great graphic design, ScoJo, you need to see how terrible the art on this is.
By Bub
Currently listening to my sub copy of KK...

Side A sounds like a fireplace with a heartbeat. It's full of pits & some pimples.
Side B is better but not by much
Side C visually looks & plays the best so far
Side D 2nd half sounds like radiation was detected. Gonna see if a cleaning improves it to avoid having to record that one also. Ugh.
By static14
Shipping notification is one thing. Actually shipping is another thing entirely. I've had albums from them "ship" but not actually make it to their local PO for weeks many times before.
By ChrisMcQueen007
I‘m pretty excited for Curtains.
I quite enjoy the movie, it has good atmosphere and that iconic killing on the ice, the killer‘s mask is genuinely scary.

Have streamed the score a few times in the last days, like it a lot. So will purchase and give WW’s physical releases another chance.

Since most of their newer stuff is available to stream, for me the release must be special/important enough to warrant a purchase. Sound quality is almost always better via stream - they use digital files anyway for their pressings, mastering is not noticeable different and then their quality control for their records has been pretty off.
Anyways, excited for Curtains.
By inksb
Waxworks is fed up with the pressing delays so they are opening their own pressing plant in 2023

To offset this cost I assume it will be $50 for single LP's and $100 for double LP's in the near future.
By inksb
static14 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:10 pm will they still sound like crap?
Considering they supposedly QC their current stuff as it comes in, I assume we'll get similar quality lol.

In all seriousness though, opening their own "plant" is going to be interesting. DJ Muggs bought his own equipment last year bc he was sick of this stuff and he's still 6-9 months behind on releases. He can't even catch up on 200-500 limited pressings with his own machine. I'm curious how this will work out for WW.
By NathanLurker
I look forward to seeing if it helps with the overall sound quality. I'm usually satisfied with their stuff even if they sometimes have a bit of noise, I think most of the time it sounds okay to me, but if this means we can avoid the Killer Klowns problem and get a general improvement avcross the board, it's great.
By inksb
Waxworks just announced Sleepy Hollow 2LP set. The art is atrocious. I may have to have some one print up one of his covers for me to replace this awful thing

Screenshot 2022-10-12 115950.jpg
Screenshot 2022-10-12 115950.jpg (97.09 KiB) Viewed 2500 times
By Hatter313
inksb wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:01 pm Waxworks just announced Sleepy Hollow 2LP set. The art is atrocious. I may have to have some one print up one of his covers for me to replace this awful thing

Screenshot 2022-10-12 115950.jpg
oh here it is, i just posted in the other thread
By Hatter313
ScoJo wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:37 pm Dang I wish I could just have a single LP with not-shit art.................................
truly