Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
Wait, the labels are charging flipper prices now?

Oh my

And with represses coming…I don’t know man…
By Revolver_OcelScott
They tweeted about it yesterday and someone called them out on scalping on Twitter then they deleted the tweet.

Between this and the half off spinniatures only after shipping the preorders a week prior really makes me sour on them. Probably will only buy EXTREME wants from them in the future.
By ScoJo
Other labels do this but not quite as brazenly. Private/Cinedelic/Four Flies have all sold stock copies of their own wares for bank on the after market. WW doing it through their main store feels quite different, more like asking for shit talk/not caring.
Last edited by ScoJo on Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ChrisMcQueen007
I have Chopping Mall, quite like it (otherwise I would have passed it on as I have done with many of my WWs and DWs). Now I am not averse to pay a price premium for a record that I really want to have and that is out of print - but I couldn't care less if I have a first pressing of a WW record which is just a few years old. Patience is a virtue and WW is taking themselves and their product too seriously. And while I'm at it - the artwork for CM was always shite, stays shite also when paying $75 for it, and will continue to look shite if they don't change it for the 22 repress.
By ScoJo
Remember WW showing off about how much Wynorski hated that crappy artwork? Haha…. that was next level meta-hipster-douchery and no mistake 😆
By CrossedPete
I did not know of this. Or seems like a possible title for next years sub 🤔. I don’t know for sure but seems like every sub there is at least one classic slasher title.
By Bezulsqy
CrossedPete wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:27 pm I did not know of this. Or seems like a possible title for next years sub 🤔. I don’t know for sure but seems like every sub there is at least one classic slasher title.
I am wondering if they are doing a sub... For this year we have only received 1 out of the 5 records. In August subbers received an email saying:
"We apologize for any inconvenience due to the long wait to get 2021 Subscription titles shipped this year. We were notified by one of our pressing plants that CARRIE and BLOODSPORT are expected to ship in October, with Killer Klowns From Outer Space and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2 closely behind. Please note that these projects were submitted months ago and we have been actively working with our plants to push these titles along. They are large runs and feature hand-made splatter and starburst effects that are time consuming, but guaranteed to look and sound incredible!"

I haven't heard anything since then.

However, thinking about it, they probably will announce a new sub simply because there will always be enough people that do subscribe which means a big chunk of money.
By inksb
2022 Waxworks Subscription
1 Record will be received during the year of 2022
4 records will be received some time during 2023 assuming there are no delays*
*you may not receive records at all in 2022 or 2023, we are doing our best to make sure we get money but you get product 2-3 years after you paid for it, thanks so much for funding our business with this interest free loan, love you WW
By CrossedPete
17C77A98-7C70-439C-93D7-82AE3C3D3259.gif
17C77A98-7C70-439C-93D7-82AE3C3D3259.gif (746.73 KiB) Viewed 3305 times
Great take @inks preaching the truth

I’m general when it comes to these reissue labels I’m slowly losing my interest. Like most here I’m way more into finding the OGs right now and of course there will always be exceptions to the rules but If I’m going to spend $250 + on a subscription anyways maybe this year I should put that money into some grails instead. 🤔

Although I say that now who knows what I’ll do when they announce their Sub line up 🤦‍♂️
By Revolver_OcelScott
Bezulsqy wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:48 pm
CrossedPete wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:27 pm I did not know of this. Or seems like a possible title for next years sub 🤔. I don’t know for sure but seems like every sub there is at least one classic slasher title.
I am wondering if they are doing a sub... For this year we have only received 1 out of the 5 records. In August subbers received an email saying:
"We apologize for any inconvenience due to the long wait to get 2021 Subscription titles shipped this year. We were notified by one of our pressing plants that CARRIE and BLOODSPORT are expected to ship in October, with Killer Klowns From Outer Space and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2 closely behind. Please note that these projects were submitted months ago and we have been actively working with our plants to push these titles along. They are large runs and feature hand-made splatter and starburst effects that are time consuming, but guaranteed to look and sound incredible!"

I haven't heard anything since then.

However, thinking about it, they probably will announce a new sub simply because there will always be enough people that do subscribe which means a big chunk of money.
I feel bad for the subscribers on this one, 1 record in 11 months, with Bloodsport shipping soon.

Waxwork should absolutely not have offered a subscription this year. COVID/Supply chain issues were already mounting last year and they were having issues getting the stuff out then.

If they offer one this year, they are the lowest of the low.
By Dollarhyde
Would I be right in saying the did still issue and sell plenty of releases outside of the sub during this time?

If so that seems pretty bad that the sub releases were not prioritised.
By inksb
Dollarhyde wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:39 am Would I be right in saying the did still issue and sell plenty of releases outside of the sub during this time?

If so that seems pretty bad that the sub releases were not prioritised.
According to discogs this is their release slate for this year

Electric Youth & Pilotpriest Come True (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Blitz//Berlin PG: Psycho Goreman ‎
Joseph Stephens The Righteous Gemstones (Original Televesion Series Soundtrack)
The Newton Brothers (2) The Haunting of Bly Manor
Stephen Lawrence* Alice, Sweet Alice (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Various A Rob Zombie Film Halloween II Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Danny Elfman Edward Scissorhands (Album)
Various The Lords Of Salem (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (Album)
Robert McNaughton, Ken Hale (2), Steven Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer (Original Motion Picture Music)
John Du Prez Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret Of The Ooze (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Godzilla Showa Boxset

I feel like a majority of those are actually delayed releases from 2020. Obviously Godzilla was a huge undertaking that's probably in the works for years. Pyscho Goreman, Come True & Edward Scissorhands I know are new to this year. Henry and TMNT II were part of the 2020 sub and released this year. Alice Sweet Alice was part of this years sub. I'm pretty sure Righteous Gemstones was supposed to come out in 2020 but maybe I'm remembering that incorrectly.
By ChrisMcQueen007
inksb wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:26 pm Bloodsport is live!

I hope this doesn't sell out. I have other stuff to buy this week and can't swing this atm. I kind of like the artwork too which is rare for a WW release

https://waxworkrecords.com/collections/ ... oodsport-1

Screenshot 2021-12-03 112533.jpg
Screenshot 2021-12-03 112517.jpg
Nice! Also that they give us the score and vocal tracks/songs.

I still want that German Silva Screen OG, I‘m just so familiar with the flow and everything as I used to have that on CD. Should have bought that 2-3 years ago when I saw one in the wild for around €50, now it‘s just bloody expensive and the WW release hasn‘t changed that so far and probably won‘t going forward.
By Bezulsqy
It looks like that of the 6 titles on Waxworks homepage 4 are not due before April 2022... Still 3 2021 subscription titles to go. Carrie should ship soon. No news I can find about Killer Clowns.

And how can they actually say Black Christmas is on sale but shipping in April 2022? I assume they think that no news is worse than bad or stupid news.
By Bezulsqy
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:41 pm Waxwork created an official Facebook group. They will be posting coupon codes occasionally. They started with a 20% off coupon. If I see any in the future I'll try and post them here.
Thanks.
I got an email last weekend saying they wanted to give subscribers (record club, not facebook group) 20% discount throughout the weekend.
By havershaw
I saw that and didn’t use it because I kinda have all the Waxwork I need, but then I remembered that this new repress of The Fog is using new stampers, cut from a new lacquer, and supposedly sounds a lot better than the old one, so I wish I had remembered so I could pre-order.
By reddye6
For anyone looking for it, Waxwork is opening for pre-order tomorrow at 11 am central Colin Stetson's score to Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Netflix).