Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
I took all the info I had from the previous thread and removed the titles that were released. The leaves us with all of these:

Crimson Peak (I don't think they will release this anymore)
House of Hayduk (Waxwork Original) (see comment above)

French Connection
Near Dark
Thief
Prom Night
Friday the 13th: The Game
The Lords of Salem
Candyman (2020)

2021 sub:
Allice Sweet Alice
Killer Klowns from Outer Space
Bloodsport
Carrie
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2

Curtains
Archenemy
Dead Zone

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Part II: The Secret Of The Ooze (LP) (coming February 5)

and based on their twitter feed:
Come True
C.H.U.D. repress

and what else did I miss?
By ScoJo
Bezulsqy wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:04 am I took all the info I had from the previous thread and removed the titles that were released. The leaves us with all of these:

French Connection
Near Dark
Thief
Prom Night
The Lords of Salem
Candyman (2020)

2021 sub:
Allice Sweet Alice
Bloodsport
Carrie

Curtains
Archenemy
Dead Zone

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Part II: The Secret Of The Ooze (LP) (coming February 5)

Come True
C.H.U.D. repress

Wait.... The Dead Zone? Now, is that the movie or the TV series before I get all hot n bothered? Was this teased on the calender, like Curtains? Eeek!
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:14 am
Bezulsqy wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:04 am I took all the info I had from the previous thread and removed the titles that were released. The leaves us with all of these:

French Connection
Near Dark
Thief
Prom Night
The Lords of Salem
Candyman (2020)

2021 sub:
Allice Sweet Alice
Bloodsport
Carrie

Curtains
Archenemy
Dead Zone

Come True
C.H.U.D. repress

Wait.... The Dead Zone? Now, is that the movie or the TV series before I get all hot n bothered? Was this teased on the calender, like Curtains? Eeek!
https://twitter.com/waxworkrecords/stat ... 64454?s=20
By Mateo Sanboval
This is great news. Thank you, Bez.

Please someone drop a quality French Connection pressing on us.
By inksb
Well I may be buying a few Waxwork records this year, what a surprise, I rarely pick anything up from them.

TMNT2 Secret of the Ooze is a definite this week (they actually got the Vanilla Ice song on here lol)
Alice Sweet Alice
Blood Sport
TCM2
The Lords of Salem & Near Dark if they actually come out. And probably Dead Zone too.
By Mateo Sanboval
inksb wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:00 pm TMNT2 Secret of the Ooze is a definite this week (they actually got the Vanilla Ice song on here lol)
The rights to that Van Winkle track probably cost them all of eight bucks and a fistful of expired McDonald's Monopoly tokens from the ashtray of Kevin's whip.
By Bezulsqy
you do have to take the estimated release years from WW with a grain of salt... 2021 might mean 2023... and also: never
By Hatter313
The dead zone is big news

I don’t have near dark yet so I’d pick theirs up in a heartbeat
By jgibbs4053
Bezulsqy wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:50 pm you do have to take the estimated release years from WW with a grain of salt... 2021 might mean 2023... and also: never
That seems the case w most labels... I’m still waiting for DW to release Faces of Death
By jgibbs4053
So I think it’s safe to say WW albums will be delayed a lot longer now. My friends in LA said IDA was a Cat4 when it made landfall
By inksb
jgibbs4053 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:43 am So I think it’s safe to say WW albums will be delayed a lot longer now. My friends in LA said IDA was a Cat4 when it made landfall
Yeah WW announced today that they have evacuated the area (except Meg) and will be closed until it's safe to return.
By Bezulsqy
This was send out 2 weeks ago:
Dear 2021 Waxwork Subscriber, we hope you're keeping safe and healthy during this time. As cases of coronavirus surge here in Louisiana with the highly transmissible delta variant, our top priority is ensuring the health and safety of Waxwork's team members. Keeping our team protected guarantees that we can stay operational and get you your AWESOME records in proper fashion.

Regarding the 2021 Subscription and other vinyl releases, it's no secret that this year has been a test of patience due to the huge demand for vinyl records on an industry wide / global level. This coupled with staffing shortages and long turnaround times at pressing plants operating at max capacity has pushed many new vinyl releases months behind schedule.
We personally reached out to every pressing plant worldwide last week just to see where their turnaround times are sitting. The general consensus is 10 months, with some plants not being able to ship until 2023, and several vinyl pressing plants not taking any new orders at all until further notice.
Thankfully, many Waxwork projects are submitted and have already been in the works for several months.

We apologize for any inconvenience due to the long wait to get 2021 Subscription titles shipped this year. We were notified by one of our pressing plants that CARRIE and BLOODSPORT are expected to ship in October, with Killer Klowns From Outer Space and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2 closely behind. Please note that these projects were submitted months ago and we have been actively working with our plants to push these titles along. They are large runs and feature hand-made splatter and starburst effects that are time consuming, but guaranteed to look and sound incredible!

Thanks again for your support continued patience during these unprecedented times.
By reddye6
Waxwork just put up the score to Malignant (2 LPs) for pre-order. Composer is Joseph Bishara, so I hopped on this one.
By ScoJo
inksb wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:02 am
jgibbs4053 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:43 am So I think it’s safe to say WW albums will be delayed a lot longer now. My friends in LA said IDA was a Cat4 when it made landfall
Yeah WW announced today that they have evacuated the area (except Meg) and will be closed until it's safe to return.
4FF0CA23-9E7F-47D3-8CBB-5AF7440ADE44.gif
4FF0CA23-9E7F-47D3-8CBB-5AF7440ADE44.gif (191.78 KiB) Viewed 2182 times
By reddye6
Anyone with a Killer Klown sub comment on their sound quality? The first one I got had a whole bunch of pops on it, especially Sides B and D. I contacted them and got the replacement vinyl today. So far, I'm on Side B, and it sounds the same kind of ass as the first copy did. I'm curious if it's just the usual WW quality and I should lump it or if there truly are good-sounding sub copies out there.
By inksb
There's a few complaints about it on discogs but none of them are citing your issue, just seems like poor QC all around (as per usual)
Do they make you send back the bad copies?
By reddye6
I wrote back to them, and the response I got was 25% off my next order. I do have a couple of outstanding WW orders, but going forward I feel done with their vinyl. Too many of their releases for me have been quality crapshoots. They are producing CDs for many of their recent releases; I will grab one of those if I want their music.

FYI, for my initial contact, I didn't need to send back the vinyl -- just provide an audio file.
By inksb
reddye6 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:55 pm I wrote back to them, and the response I got was 25% off my next order. I do have a couple of outstanding WW orders, but going forward I feel done with their vinyl. Too many of their releases for me have been quality crapshoots. They are producing CDs for many of their recent releases; I will grab one of those if I want their music.

FYI, for my initial contact, I didn't need to send back the vinyl -- just provide an audio file.
That's shitty. It seems like theres problems with damn near every release from them lately.

If you want to get rid of the first ones you got or which ever sounds worst out of the bunch for cheap, I'll take them off your hands even if it's missing the jacket and just the records lol. I don't want to pay $40 for that set but do enjoy the music.
By reddye6
inksb wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:55 pm
reddye6 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:55 pm I wrote back to them, and the response I got was 25% off my next order. I do have a couple of outstanding WW orders, but going forward I feel done with their vinyl. Too many of their releases for me have been quality crapshoots. They are producing CDs for many of their recent releases; I will grab one of those if I want their music.

That's shitty. It seems like theres problems with damn near every release from them lately.

If you want to get rid of the first ones you got or which ever sounds worst out of the bunch for cheap, I'll take them off your hands even if it's missing the jacket and just the records lol. I don't want to pay $40 for that set but do enjoy the music.
I'll send you a message.
By havershaw
I will say, their recent repress of The Fog sounded much better than the previous one (it’s a new lacquer and i think a different pressing plant).

It was wayyyyy quieter than the first pressing (though sides C and D had a few pops and clicks).
By Bezulsqy
reddye6 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:49 pm Anyone with a Killer Klown sub comment on their sound quality? The first one I got had a whole bunch of pops on it, especially Sides B and D. I contacted them and got the replacement vinyl today. So far, I'm on Side B, and it sounds the same kind of ass as the first copy did. I'm curious if it's just the usual WW quality and I should lump it or if there truly are good-sounding sub copies out there.
Side A was flawless
Side B had some pops
Side C similar as B
Side D had some strange pops - the felt baked in - because they faded in and out.

Overall I agree it is not the best pressing. But not bad enough for me to complain to WW. I liked the score more than I anticipated but in the end I am not going to spin this often.
By bpwlogan
Kind of done with them at least on the vinyl aspect. This last subscription was a disappointment for sure. With the exception of TCM2 the other sub release had surface noises all over them especially on the ends of the lps. Didn't actually get the greatest customer feedback response on Killer Klowns for a replacement copy ether. I'll pick up a CD here and there but that's it. They probably really don't care at this point.