Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ChrisMcQueen007
inksb wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:15 pm
ChrisMcQueen007 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:59 am
inksb wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:18 pm Looks like WW are repressing Dawn of the Dead. They just posted pics of Dawn at a factory with the caption "Dawn approaches"
Nice! If they manage to press enough so that they can get some to European distributors I‘ll gladly pick one up.
I missed it a few times now. The original release week and the few times they put extra stock up
Yeah, maybe they‘ll press a bunch more this time as they have seen how good this one sells.
By havershaw
I’ve heard Waxwork address the Dawn library stuff a few times, but they don’t seem to be addressing it in the comments this time.

The Second Sight blu ray/4K box set will have the Dawn library stuff on 2 CDs - maybe they are syncing their release with that (which comes out in October).
Last edited by havershaw on Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By inksb
havershaw wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:47 pm I’ve heard Waxwork address the Dawn library stuff a few times, but they don’t seem to be addressing it in the comments this time.

The Synapse blu ray/4K box set will have the Dawn library stuff on 2 CDs - maybe they are syncing their release with that (which comes out in October).
Second Sight not Synapse. Just want to clarify in case some one goes looking for it. I am curious to see what the two CDs contain.
By havershaw
inksb wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:02 pm Second Sight not Synapse. Just want to clarify in case some one goes looking for it. I am curious to see what the two CDs contain.
Oops, yeah. Not enough coffee yet today. Sorry.

I do know what’s on it (at least at this stage), and while it’s going to be really cool, it won’t be entirely “complete.”

I have no idea whether or not Waxwork is licensing from Second Sight, though. I hope so, because even though I have all of the original discs, it would be nice to have them all on one release.
By NathanLurker
I'll get that 4k second sight release of Dawn at some point. It's a must-have for me. so Obviously, whatever Waxwork is doing with the library stuff, I'm also picking it up. I think next payday, I'll be picking up the Eastrail trilogy box. I think Unbreakable is exceptional. Split is very very good, Glass is.....well....disappointing in many ways. Not without interesting bits though. I don't remember the score too much, but the music of Split was pretty good, I want at least Unbreakable and Split, so might as well get the box.
By Revolver_OcelScott
I got the second sight Dawn 4K set. I don't even own a CD player. Will probably rip it for my PC anyways. I still love my Trunk Records Library Vinyl, but would gladly buy the expanded vinyl set.

I got the Eastrail set myself. Unbreakable has a phenomenal soundtrack. Glass and Splits OST are decent enough. I will say that the Eastrail set is put together phenomenally. The box and sleeves are all super heavyweight. The records themselves look great, can't wait to listen.
By havershaw
Yeah I bought the 4K set also.

Trust me, there’s still lots of terrific stuff on the CDs that isn’t on the Trunk release (which I also love). Almost everything you’d want to hear is on there. The omissions are mostly very small.
By havershaw
The Trunk comp must have been really tough to make. I liked what they did, but I admit that there are a ton of amazing tracks not on there - I would not have wanted to be the one to pick what went on a single disc.
By ScoJo
havershaw wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:57 pm The Trunk comp must have been really tough to make. I liked what they did, but I admit that there are a ton of amazing tracks not on there - I would not have wanted to be the one to pick what went on a single disc.
So, do we still think that WW plan to service us with the vinyl version of this bad boy? How long does it all run to on CD? We talking triple LP set? I must admit, I'd be bummed if they also go with a curated selection like the Trunk LP :(
By Revolver_OcelScott
ScoJo wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:46 am
havershaw wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:57 pm The Trunk comp must have been really tough to make. I liked what they did, but I admit that there are a ton of amazing tracks not on there - I would not have wanted to be the one to pick what went on a single disc.
So, do we still think that WW plan to service us with the vinyl version of this bad boy? How long does it all run to on CD? We talking triple LP set? I must admit, I'd be bummed if they also go with a curated selection like the Trunk LP :(
I swear I read somewhere (on here) that they were talking 3LP with the Dawn Library release.
By havershaw
I don’t know if I’ve ever heard them talk about a 3LP.

But when I was going to do a custom, lathe-cut version, I said it would have to be a 3LP (and even then I was going to have to omit or shorten a few tracks).
By Revolver_OcelScott
Found it on here with a little searching in the old Waxwork topic.

Now that I read it, it sounds more like it implies a 2LP combined with the Dawn 2LP they already had.
By horrorfromthetv
The vinyls of Friday the 13th Part VII have been signed by composer Harry Manfredini at Dark Delicacies 8-9-2020.jpg
The vinyls of Friday the 13th Part VII have been signed by composer Harry Manfredini at Dark Delicacies 8-9-2020.jpg (117.13 KiB) Viewed 4483 times
By Bezulsqy
I am guessing that the new horror release WW teased last week on Instagram is going to be 28 days later.

And that would possibly be the third box set out of 4 they said they are going to release in 2020.

Of course I can be completely wrong with this guess.

And from what movie is this?:
Placed on their Twitter
Attachments
56976631-42EA-4DE1-9EFE-0FA9BB19D3D2.jpeg
56976631-42EA-4DE1-9EFE-0FA9BB19D3D2.jpeg (117.59 KiB) Viewed 4396 times
By 334578rpm
Zombie's H1 and H2 now live on WW. $45 for H1. Both have the score mixed in with the soundtrack songs.
Ugh.
Edit: And movie dialog. Double ugh.
By NathanLurker
The Fog and EFNY are both 36 usd (or 40USD for the color that must cost 4$ more to produce than the other ? eh) and are both DLP, Why is this one 45 USD ? must be the art print and booklet. but also, maybe Rob Zombie's licensing fee is higher ? the Devil's Reject etc were 45$USD too right ?
By NathanLurker
Also, there seems to be only 2 cues on Halloween, and 1 cue on Halloween II, the rest is dialogue and songs.
At that price point, I'm out.
By inksb
NathanLurker wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:30 pm The Fog and EFNY are both 36 usd (or 40USD for the color that must cost 4$ more to produce than the other ? eh) and are both DLP, Why is this one 45 USD ? must be the art print and booklet. but also, maybe Rob Zombie's licensing fee is higher ? the Devil's Reject etc were 45$USD too right ?
Gotta be who they are licensing them from, all of the Zombie stuff was over priced. I'd love to have Devil's Rejects and House of 1000 Corpses but not willing to pay the prices for them