Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
CrossedPete wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:00 am Also a repress of the Thing.
*scrambles to sell last Waxwork pressing of The Thing; realizes already did*
By inksb
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:17 pm
CrossedPete wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:00 am Also a repress of the Thing.
*scrambles to sell last Waxwork pressing of The Thing; realizes already did*
I was pretty bummed about missing out on The Thing but it was expensive and sold out fast. I'm incredibly thankful you guys turned me on to the Alan Howarth version of the soundtrack which is fantastic. In fact I may just put that on right now. I don't think I'd even buy a repress from WW because I'm perfectly content with this version
By Bezulsqy
We’ve had the huge honor of working with composer Richard Einhorn over the years and unearthing his early synth gems like SHOCK WAVES and DON’T GO IN THE HOUSE. We are excited to say that we have even more of his soundtracks lined up for 2020!
could be 2 of these

Eyes of a Stranger (1981, dir. Ken Wiederhorn)
Blood Rage (1983, dir. John Grissmer)
Dead of Winter (1987, dir. Arthur Penn)
Sister, Sister (1987, dir. Bill Condon)
Necessary Parties (1988, dir. Gwen Arner)
Dark Tower (1989, dir. Freddie Francis & Ken Wiederhorn)
Closet Land (1991, dir. Radha Bharadwaj) – with Philip Glass
Darrow (1991, dir. John David Coles)
A House in the Hills (1993, dir. Ken Wiederhorn)
Fire-Eater (1998, dir. Pirjo Honkasalo)
By Bezulsqy
CrossedPete wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:47 am They teased Lords of Salem on that podcast interview they were promoting
I am listening to that podcast now. Some strange thinking about why The Thing re-issue has taken so long. But anyways.

podcast here: https://consequenceofsound.net/halloweenies/

The Thing re-issue soon in early 2020 (as seen in a recent Instagram post as well)
House of 1000 Corpses re-issue

"lot's of Tangerine Dream stuff coming out... " (at 53:08 in podcast)

"lots of stuff not limited to soundtracks"

I have a feeling that they again are biting off more than they can chew... They have been wanting to do a lot of stuff each year. Waxwork comics took longer than expected. Same with those spinatures things. This year has seen so many delays.

That said, I do still love what they put out. Not everything but that is the same for all the other labels out there. I love the Stoughton jackets/sleeves they use. Beats the current Mondo/DRWC gatefolds. And listening to all the titles mentioned in the podcast makes me want to listen again to Day of the Dead, Rosemary's Baby, Taxi Driver, Manhunter,...
By Mateo Sanboval
Bez, what were the circumstances of the The Thing delay?
By Bezulsqy
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:09 pm Bez, what were the circumstances of the The Thing delay?
around 28:55 in podcast

I quote:
"We wanted to re-press it a long time ago because it did so well and we sold so many units. There is such a high demand for it. But we wanted to wait a bit before we put it back out to be sure there was enough hype around it and we didn't want to appear to be wanting to profit out of this thing... I know that isn't the smartest business move because 'strike like the iron is hot kind' of a thing. But we think that horror fans see through that kind of bullshit..."

I simply don't understand that you have the highest regard for horror and/or soundtrack fans who are asking you for a re-press constantly but still want to wait with a repress to create as much hype as possible because you don't want to appear to only be in it for the money. And then add that those same fans who are asking for that re-issue will see through the idea of Waxwork maximizing profits.

I just sounds so strange. I think there must be something else going on. Pressing delays? A new and expensive slipcover that is hard to manufacture? If you know people want something and you know you can deliver it why wait? I do not understand.
By inksb
Dear Waxwork, you charge $40 for a double LP, we already think you "appear to be wanting profit"

That's seriously the dumbest reason I've seen for a repress. What they really mean is they wanted to give enough space between releases, make sure it's a new color variant and possibly different packaging so they could release it again and have half of their collector client base buy the record for a second or third time depending on if they bought the fancy packaging version the first time around.
By Mateo Sanboval
I could speculate on tens of reasons , realistic or otherwise, for a delay, but whatever that word salad is that they just burped up in that podcast, that is pure baloney.
By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:45 pm Looks like Friday the 13th Part 7 tomorrow.
As some one who isn't a huge F13th soundtrack guy, I was wondering what ones every here prefers? I have Part IV and really enjoy it. I thought about buying V and VI at some point but I barely listen to IV so I never ended up getting either of them. I know they are all fairly similar but just kind of curious what one's people prefer.

And do you think WW will release Jason X OST?
By ScoJo
I'm all about the original release with excerpts from parts 1 to 3, including Hot Ice. I've not felt the need to collect any of the stand alone film releases, though I'm likely very much in the minority there. (I've always much preferred Manfredini's House score as an actual listen y'see...)
By inksb
ScoJo wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:44 pm I'm all about the original release with excerpts from parts 1 to 3, including Hot Ice. I've not felt the need to collect any of the stand alone film releases, though I'm likely very much in the minority there. (I've always much preferred Manfredini's House score as an actual listen y'see...)
I enjoy the House score too.
By skeletonbutt
ScoJo wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:44 pm I'm all about the original release with excerpts from parts 1 to 3, including Hot Ice. I've not felt the need to collect any of the stand alone film releases, though I'm likely very much in the minority there. (I've always much preferred Manfredini's House score as an actual listen y'see...)
same here, that's the only one i have (no 3d glasses for the cover unfortunately). i think i'd rather watch the movie if i wanted to hear the music from a specific film. i prefer the original poster art to all the covers too, not that would be a deal breaker.
By deafmetal
I am close to my breaking point with these, and I am a hardcore completist collector. When they hit $40 USD on the last release it felt like the death blow, and it's almost 10:30am PDT and I have not yet ordered this latest one. I have not had time to evaluate this release, but will fully agree that Part IV is worth picking up for sure. It's quite an excellent stand-alone album. I would have to sit down with V and VI again and provide some notes.
By NathanLurker
The recent part 6 had some comedy parts like the military touches for the paintball guys scenes. It's a bit different in vibe. They're all very similar but I think part 2/3/5 have been the best. 4 was great but I think I need to revisit. I need them all anyway. for reasons.
By Bezulsqy
334578rpm wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:43 am Kevin from WW teased a 28 days/weeks later set on Facebook.
Oh yes! Was listening to 28 days later on spotify yesterday. So looking forward to a re-issue.
By ScoJo
334578rpm wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:43 am Kevin from WW teased a 28 days/weeks later set on Facebook.
That's.... weird. I know (for sure) that it's Enjoy The Ride who are doing it. Very odd.
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:03 pm
That's.... weird. I know (for sure) that it's Enjoy The Ride who are doing it. Very odd.
Someone else releasing the same record has never stopped Waxwork.