Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
milliondollars wrote:with a subscribtion like this you can clearly see that the market is too saturated. time to say goodbye to the good old WW sub as there is seriously nothing appealing for me. i rather spend the 200-something $$$ on one good record that i'm really after...
By scottydoo
yeah i think i said the same last year , not sure about the sub anymore , i always saw subs as a way to support a label upfont on their upcoming releases , going in blind but being rewarded for putting the money upfront with exclusive colours and missing hassel of drops . But not sure on the picking and choosing which titles are sub titles , was it last year or the year before that the first 3 titles to come out that year where non sub titles , so you'd spent all that money upfront and were being asked for more , hey each to their own , can only afford to pick and choose on the WW releases nowaday , far too much to spend cash on.
By Bezulsqy
scottydoo wrote:yeah i think i said the same last year , not sure about the sub anymore , i always saw subs as a way to support a label upfont on their upcoming releases , going in blind but being rewarded for putting the money upfront with exclusive colours and missing hassel of drops . But not sure on the picking and choosing which titles are sub titles , was it last year or the year before that the first 3 titles to come out that year where non sub titles , so you'd spent all that money upfront and were being asked for more , hey each to their own , can only afford to pick and choose on the WW releases nowaday , far too much to spend cash on.
This is very fair point.
That is why I love the Terror Vision Happy Campers club. All releases are part of the sub. And you really feel you are supporting a label.

I probably am going to get this WW sub as well. Because I do like the titles on offer and calculating shipping costs and no customs the price is fair.
I do hope the secret release is something special and does not feel like an after thought. The biggest gripe I have with Waxwork is probably not a fair one in their eyes. They always and everywhere speak out about being fans first. I do believe they are. But with the amount of advertising and hype building the shine is wearing off. Look at the noise around the Argento releases... The same can sometimes be said about Mondo/DWRC. I love the old heavy sleeves. The thinner gatefolds not so much.
I admit it is unfair telling a label that they are becoming less interesting simply because they are getting bigger and bigger because of the great releases they put out.
At this point I forgot what message I wanted to put across. Carry on.
By reddye6
Not to pile onto the recent Waxwork complaints here, but I'm getting a bit tired of WW not sending out most of the subscription releases until the end of the year. It's now August -- nearly 2/3 of the way through 2019 -- and we've gotten one sub release so far. Nonsense.
By Bezulsqy
reddye6 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:56 am Not to pile onto the recent Waxwork complaints here, but I'm getting a bit tired of WW not sending out most of the subscription releases until the end of the year. It's now August -- nearly 2/3 of the way through 2019 -- and we've gotten one sub release so far. Nonsense.
I don't really mind. I do mind I have to wait this long for my Waxwork coffee beans though!
By Occhionero
How many releases did we get till today?! One?
Usually I am not inpatient, but what makes me wonder is that the output for regular releases by WW is bigger than ever and the sub output is getting later each year.
By inksb
Occhionero wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:52 pm How many releases did we get till today?! One?
Usually I am not inpatient, but what makes me wonder is that the output for regular releases by WW is bigger than ever and the sub output is getting later each year.
Seriously? It's August and only one sub release after they have released 10 or 11 albums this year? That's a bit ridiculous
By Mateo Sanboval
inksb wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:56 pm
Occhionero wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:52 pm How many releases did we get till today?! One?
Seriously? It's August and only one sub release after they have released 10 or 11 albums this year? That's a bit ridiculous
Normally I'd be right there with you guys but they did just announce today that all three of these would be Sub only titles so that is a pretty rad reward for waiting this late into the year for another release.

ImageImageImage
By reddye6
I hope these are hand-poured Baby Spittle Green splatter.
By Mateo Sanboval
reddye6 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:33 pm I hope these are hand-poured Baby Spittle Green splatter.
Meconium Green Swirl actually.
By reddye6
By the third installment they should have done a variant of Episiotomy Red-Brown Scab split with the Midnight Black of Postpartum Depression.
By reddye6
Retail versions would be the Dead Dreams Gray variant. Why the retail version? So there are enough dead dreams to go around for everyone.
By ScoJo
Taking the piss out of waxwork:
99383BD3-8D9B-4B33-8B9E-9D3658F3C230-305-0000004128D49CF9.png
99383BD3-8D9B-4B33-8B9E-9D3658F3C230-305-0000004128D49CF9.png (25.9 KiB) Viewed 5141 times
By Bezulsqy
Hello 2019 Waxwork Subscribers. We've got to apologize for the long wait on getting very many of your subscription items out to you this year. Here's a deep dive update.

Each year, we plan accordingly to present an awesome subscription that should be spread out over the coarse of a calendar year. With respect to the 2019 Subscription, the production delays and red tape on specific soundtrack titles were unexpected and honestly, a big pain in the butt.

One title in question was in a studio holding pattern awaiting artwork approval from the film's creators for months. Another title in question was in a similar holding pattern on the packaging and layout approvals. There's a lot of legal back and forth that goes into these sort of approvals, and we are respectfully at the mercy of the studio in these cases.
In addition to these long approvals that sometimes take many months, we are dedicated to offering the highest quality albums available anywhere. Could we churn out mediocre, sub-par records quickly? Of course we could. However, we are committed to creating the highest standard packaging, artwork, details, sound quality, and visually pleasing records imaginable. This takes much time and so much effort from a team of hardcore cinema and audio nerds here at Waxwork.

We're happy to report to you that DON'T GO IN THE HOUSE is finishing up being pressed and it is AWESOME. Expected in house in two weeks! The initial metal stampers manufactured to press this release were faulty, producing very funky sounding pressings, and they needed to be re-made. Again, we want our albums to sound wonderful. Ain't nobody got time for surface noise! Your totes have been completed and are in house. These two items will ship together!

The turntable slip mats are completed printing, are currently in house, and they'll be shipping with the secret release which is... **drum-roll**... CHILD'S PLAY 1988 Expanded Original Motion Picture Score by Joe Renzetti! This release is absolutely insane with the complete score sourced from the original 1988 masters and with nightmare inducing new art by Justin Erickson of Phantom City Creative! Shipping together in September!

House Of Waxwork Issue 4 is in production, Spinatures, pins, coffee, and more are all in production, and we are so excited to show you what we have coming to you.

And in an effort to offer our sincerest apologies, we will be sending out an additional soundtrack album to you this Fall of FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VI: JASON LIVES! Available for the first time on vinyl and with sick new art by Ghoulish Gary Pullin!

We hope that this message answers many of your questions and relieves some concern about the long wait on this year's subscription. We want to keep you as a customer and we are 100% committed to doing what it takes to make that happen. Please feel free to reach out to us at any time with questions. Your support is seriously appreciated.

-Waxwork Team