Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By rkellner
Figured we could use a dedicated place to talk about the classic Dario Argento - Goblin soundtracks: Tenebre, Dawn of the Dead, Phenomena, Deep Red, and Inferno.

I don’t have my copies of Phenomena, Inferno, and Deep Red yet, but the copies of Dawn and Tenebre are superior to my existing copies. Pleased with this campaign so far!
By inksb
I'm curious to hear peoples thoughts on them. Phenomena is the one I'm particularly interested in. I'll be grabbing DW Profondo Rosso at some point. The posted pics of the artwork looks quite beautiful.
By texasvinyl
Profondo Rosso sounds good. Honestly I could do without discs two and three, I thought it leaned towards filler. Disc one is excellent.
By inksb
texasvinyl wrote:Profondo Rosso sounds good. Honestly I could do without discs two and three, I thought it leaned towards filler. Disc one is excellent.
It's cause they are!
By flapdoodle
I'm just listening Keith Emerson's Inferno soundtrack on WW (Thanks to Tranmission records!).

Sounds fantastic... nice sounding vinyl, no cracks or pops. I'm a big fan of Emerson and already have the Goblin LPs on Cinevox, so decided to just get this one.
By rkellner
Had a chance to do a quick shootout between the Waxwork 3LP and the Mondo 2LP of Deep Red (side note: we have it too good these days!!!). Both are solid but to my ears and on my system, I definitely liked the Waxwork press better. Hard to describe but it was like the Waxwork used the original tapes vs Mondo using a high rez digital master. Not saying that’s what happened here, but the WW sounded fatter, better bass, better highs. My two bloody cents
By slik
Both Inferno and Phenomena were very noisy, with visible marks on the vinyl in my order. Anyone else had these problems? Had similar issues recently with Mondo and Death Waltz (Alien Box- replacement also with faults , Evil Dead). Hopefully replacements will sound better.
By Mateo Sanboval
slik wrote:Both Inferno and Phenomena were very noisy, with visible marks on the vinyl in my order. Anyone else had these problems? Had similar issues recently with Mondo and Death Waltz (Alien Box- replacement also with faults , Evil Dead). Hopefully replacements will sound better.
An issue that's occurring with an increasing degree of frequency. And not just in our little corner of the vinyl scene. It's a problem everywhere. Someone with better insight than myself might hazard an educated guess as to why, but it surely seems less than ideal.
By deafmetal
If anybody else is tracking this, Dawn of the Dead 2LP is back up at Waxwork. This release has mysteriously not made it to retail from my research. Feeling a bit for those who paid $75-100 USD at discogs for this release. Is it no longer a "limited edition"? ;)
By blindguy
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately after adding it to my cart I made the mistake of checking around to see if it was a reissue that would be available other places and when i came back it was sold out. I previously saw it pop on THD but was waiting for another release that was announced that week and it sold out. That's the only place other than WW i ever saw it. Interestingly when i searched WW for it, a wholesale listing showed up, so either it was available, or maybe it's an upcoming repress. They tend to be good about repressing sold out titles, so i'll go back to waiting patiently.
By skeletonbutt
blindguy wrote: Unfortunately after adding it to my cart I made the mistake of checking around to see if it was a reissue that would be available other places and when i came back it was sold out.
Waxwork must use the same shopping cart system as Mondo where things in your cart just disappear after you put them in there.