Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By slik
maxlevel wrote:
slik wrote:Anyone getting "early bird" subscription alerts for this year's releases? None for me so far.
I emailed recently as I thought I’d been removed from the email list, but they replied and have stopped emailing people about releases. I think it’s a bit rude, I don’t have time to watch the twitter feed but thats what’s happening... I’d quite like to order tenebre
As a UK resident, their releases usually drop around 16.00 (4pm old money). I have noticed when I have been able to waste an afternoon waiting on a drop that checking the store slightly earlier the records still have a checkout option below the add to cart as was the case when they sent the "early bird" heads up. It is a shame as not all the releases are subscription, but hey, there were always issues about the heads up timings. And.....there's the coffee mug on route!
By Mateo Sanboval
maxlevel wrote:
slik wrote:Anyone getting "early bird" subscription alerts for this year's releases? None for me so far.
I emailed recently as I thought I’d been removed from the email list, but they replied and have stopped emailing people about releases. I think it’s a bit rude, I don’t have time to watch the twitter feed but thats what’s happening... I’d quite like to order tenebre
Yep, I think they announced this when the new sub went up.
By Mateo Sanboval
Revolver_OcelScott wrote:Tenebre will not end up going on sale today as per Waxworks
The plot thickens.
By Mateo Sanboval
static14 wrote:There had to be some kind of QC issue with the pressing? Weird.
That's what I was wondering. Maybe they had a quality control issue and, after they and DWRC recently became mutually aware of their Tenebre releases, didn't want to risk delaying going to market for too long. So, even though they recently put the kibosh on them, one week later we have a pre-order.
By Bezulsqy
Don't think QC issues but anticipating social media backlash when this release sells out within 24 hours.

From the mail they sent out:
Due to the very large demand, we are offering a pre-order on Wednesday, March 14th at our official website.
I guess they are going to press more depending on amount of pre-orders.
By Mateo Sanboval
That could very well be the case, Bez, but then why delay the release date a week? Perhaps they didn't want anything to overshadow their latest comic book release?

I wonder is Tenebre more popular than DOTD? As a film, I'd wager more folks are hip to the Romero's Dead films than Argento pictures, but what do I know.
By Bezulsqy
Of course it is all guesswork... Maybe they realized how big the demand was after they send out the message about the release date. Or delivery from factory was delayed. Or they wanted to check with AMS/Cinevox how many extra they could press (assuming AMS/Cinevox decides the pressing run when selling the license).

Very curious to see when it will ship. And when and how different DWRC's release will be. I am thinking DWRC release will be manufactured by AMS and be a copy music and master wise of the last re-issue by AMS but with different artwork (as it worked with Suspiria).
By Mateo Sanboval
Bezulsqy wrote:Of course it is all guesswork... Maybe they realized how big the demand was after they send out the message about the release date. Or delivery from factory was delayed. Or they wanted to check with AMS/Cinevox how many extra they could press (assuming AMS/Cinevox decides the pressing run when selling the license).

Very curious to see when it will ship. And when and how different DWRC's release will be. I am thinking DWRC release will be manufactured by AMS and be a copy music and master wise of the last re-issue by AMS but with different artwork (as it worked with Suspiria).
Eminently reasonable.
By jgibbs4053
WW is having a convention-exclusive variant for “It” at WonderCon 3/23-3/25 in Anaheim.
(Sorry can’t post pic the app I use isn’t working)

Anyone going that could pick me up a copy?
By Bub
So the track list appears to be the same as some of the expanded CDs that have been released previously, with the most recent one done by Synapse in 2016. LP1 (1-8) is the same as the previous releases on vinyl & LP2 (9-19) contains the expanded stuff.

https://www.discogs.com/Simonetti-Pigna ... se/8219671

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgRMdUSBnzB/
Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 5.42.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 5.42.54 PM.png (520.72 KiB) Viewed 6148 times
1 Tenebre
2 Gemini
3 Slow Circus
4 Lesbo
5 Flashing
6 Tenebre (Reprise)
7 Waiting Death
8 Jane Mirror Theme
9 Flashing (Film Version)
10 Gemini (Film Version Suite)
11 Flashing (Intro Film Version)
12 Gemini (Alternate Film Version Suite)
13 Jane Mirror Theme (Film Version)
14 Tenebre (Alternate Film Version)
15 Slow Circus (Film Version Suite)
16 Lesbo (Film Version)
17 Tenebre Maniac SPFX (Bonus Track 1)
18 Tenebre Remix (Bonus Track 2)
19 Flashing Remix (Bonus Track 3)

https://soundcloud.com/waxwork-records/sets/tenebrae
Last edited by Bub on Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By static14
Well with that tracklisting it just turned into a pass for me. I’ll hold onto my Dagored copy.

Was really hoping this was more than the original album and then some remixes and suites. :(
By Bub
static14 wrote:Well with that tracklisting it just turned into a pass for me. I’ll hold onto my Dagored copy.

Was really hoping this was more than the original album and then some remixes and suites. :(
You're welcome Mateo! Now granted I used my phone & zoomed in so I'm about 95% certain that's what we're getting, but I feel ya Static. I'll be bagging one though.
By Mateo Sanboval
static14 wrote:Well with that tracklisting it just turned into a pass for me. I’ll hold onto my Dagored copy.

Same-o.
By NathanLurker
that's fine with me. Sometimes, remixes are hit or miss, but I'm interested in hearing the alternate takes. I have the AMS version but I'm still going to pick up this one. Well, I also try to have the complete Waxwork collection so...
By skeletonbutt
Thanks for the info. I'll wait for the Mondo version. Alternate versions and remixes are like DVD extras to me: I watch/listen to them once, if at all.
By texasvinyl
Grabbed it and two others. $9 media mail for three records is... Well, it's marked up. (Grumbles old man grumbles). But tenebre looks very cool.