Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
My completely uneducated guess would be that DWRC is soldiering on with their Goblin releases that began with Suspiria as advertised. They are straight represses of the original albums. Hopefully high quality ones. The Waxwork is an expanded release and, much like the similarly oddly timed AMS re-release and boxed set of Suspiria, has no real effect on or relationship to the DWRC release.
By ScoJo
Sounds reasonable enough, @mateo.
These things happen-recall the double release of Popol Vuh/Nosferatu, Valhalla Rising, Neon Demon, I'm sure there have been more instances I'm forgetting just now, of titles getting seperate releases by diff labels. All three of those examples were all exactly the same material on both editions, but with say the more recent Don't Look Now, the Silva Screen and Waxwork releases had diff tracklist. This sorta thing seems to happen with WW quite often, come to think of it!
By ChrisMcQueen007
Mateo Sanboval wrote:My completely uneducated guess would be that DWRC is soldiering on with their Goblin releases that began with Suspiria as advertised. They are straight represses of the original albums. Hopefully high quality ones. The Waxwork is an expanded release and, much like the similarly oddly timed AMS re-release and boxed set of Suspiria, has no real effect on or relationship to the DWRC release.
That could very well be. The Italian right holders have likely taken a ‚pragmatic‘ approach here and licensed it out to everyone knocking at the door.
By Mateo Sanboval
I still stand by my above complete conjecture, but just saw this as well. Certainly adds a wrinkle.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 2.01.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 2.01.51 PM.png (148.78 KiB) Viewed 6421 times
By Mateo Sanboval
Also, this from WW label boss:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 2.29.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 2.29.05 PM.png (37.74 KiB) Viewed 6420 times
By Mateo Sanboval
Spun out of control wrote:'180 gram coloured *Italian* vinyl'

Likely a typo, but that's a new one on me, the country of the vinyl manufacture being thrown into the promotional mix..? :)
Probably means there's a bunch of fennel in it.
By Bezulsqy
Very interesting this Tenebre saga. In the end it means more for everyone. I'll get both for the collection.
And and OG is also easy to obtain for 20-25. No complaints from me.
I hope Italian in this case means the three stripes from the Italian flag and no spaghetti carbonara mishmash.
By static14
WW confirmed yesterday on Facebook tenebrae is a 2xLP release of the complete expanded score. Drops next week! I’m drooling over this!

I’ve said it on here before and I’ll say it again, hands down my favorite Goblin score.

By Mateo Sanboval
Okay, okay. Enough with the jibber jabber. I'm setting the over under at $35. What've ya got, STBC?

OVER
334578rpm
jgibbs4053
Revolver_OcelScott
Bezulsqy
inksb
ChrisMcQueen007

UNDER

PUSH
ScoJo
Last edited by Mateo Sanboval on Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:26 pm, edited 9 times in total.
By 334578rpm
Mateo Sanboval wrote:Okay, okay. Enough with the jibber jabber. I'm setting the over under at $35. What've ya got, STBC?
2 x LP + Die-Cut + WaxWork... I'm thinking more like $45-$50. I hope I'm wrong though.
By ScoJo
static14 wrote:WW confirmed yesterday on Facebook tenebrae is a 2xLP release of the complete expanded score. Drops next week! I’m drooling over this!

I’ve said it on here before and I’ll say it again, hands down my favorite Goblin score.

Pretty pretty....

Anyone know how essential the expanded version is? Alternate takes or cues not included on the LP?

Well, I'll look into it cuz dat sleeve is very tasty.
By Mateo Sanboval
ScoJo wrote:
static14 wrote:WW confirmed yesterday on Facebook tenebrae is a 2xLP release of the complete expanded score. Drops next week! I’m drooling over this!

Pretty pretty....

Anyone know how essential the expanded version is? Alternate takes or cues not included on the LP?

Ahem. Over/under, ScoJ?
By Mateo Sanboval
ScoJo wrote:Oh, 35 bucks sounds right on the money to me.
jgibbs4053 wrote:I’m thinking around $36-38
Duly noted, lads. You're on the board.
By ChrisMcQueen007
ScoJo wrote:
Pretty pretty....

It‘s very likely that this is similar to the extended CD / digital release (e.g. on Spotify). It‘s mostly alternate takes (and some sound effects). I find them a bit repetitive but nice that WW goes for the expanded version for those who are interested.

My guess is also $42.
By bpwlogan
I'll probably bite on this. Do you guys think this will sell out in a day or so? I need to create an account with WW so I can use my discount code. I wanted the website edition of DOTD but I never received my sub code and was told you needed to create an account with them to use it.
By maxlevel
slik wrote:Anyone getting "early bird" subscription alerts for this year's releases? None for me so far.
I emailed recently as I thought I’d been removed from the email list, but they replied and have stopped emailing people about releases. I think it’s a bit rude, I don’t have time to watch the twitter feed but thats what’s happening... I’d quite like to order tenebre