Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
As I have been making this list the last couple of years I might as well make one for 2018. Thanks to @ jgibbs4053 and @blu15 for a lot of the info.

If my math is correct Waxwork released 15 new records in 2016 and 10 new records in 2017. They also put out some re-issues of previous releases.
Counting all the titles that Waxwork have teased or announced since their existence and that have yet to be released I get to around 20 (excluding the Friday the 13th titles).

I am sure they are not going to release all of these this year. And they probably will tease even more new titles.

2018:
  • The Eyes of My Mother - January
  • Queen of Earth - March
  • Tenebrae - March
  • IT - April
  • Kong: Skull Island
subscription 2018:
  • Dawn of the Dead - February 2018
  • Night of the Living Dead (68)
  • The Burbs
  • Get Out
  • Drag Me To Hell
The above are sure as pictures of sleeves and/or vinyl have been posted. That leaves these remaining titles. Some we will see this year, others hopefully next year. And Crimson Peak probably never :-)
  • Crimson Peak
  • House of Hayduk (Waxwork Original)
  • Sorcerer
  • Cruising (4LP)
  • French Connection
  • Near Dark
  • Alice Sweet Alice
  • Thief
  • Prom Night
  • Bride Of Re-Animator
  • Friday the 13th: The Game
  • Friday the 13th Part IV and the rest of the series.
  • Manhunter
  • Logan's Run
Have I missed anything? We know they are going to re-issue some stuff as well (Re-Animator in a deluxe gatefold and Friday the 13th for instance).

And does anyone have any idea about the green record in this post:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BbzNQkmjcSV/
Does it as one commenter says spell out NGRP? And what title can that be?
Last edited by Bezulsqy on Thu May 10, 2018 12:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By Mateo Sanboval
I really hope that Cruising set comes to fruition. It sounds too good to be true, but, my God, what a thing it would be.

Great list, Bez. Thanks for consolidating. Waxwork is a fun label to watch.
By DigitalHiss
Dawn of the Dead comes up for order tomorrow...I haven't been following it too closely though. Is there any unreleased/rare stuff on this WW release?
By Bezulsqy
DigitalHiss wrote:Dawn of the Dead comes up for order tomorrow...I haven't been following it too closely though. Is there any unreleased/rare stuff on this WW release?
First time the full score has been released on vinyl if I am not mistaken:
Dawn Of The Dead (1978)

Years in the making, Waxwork Records is thrilled to bring you the expanded, and complete film score to the 1978 zombie-horror classic, George A. Romero’s Dawn Of The Dead. Scored by the Italian progressive rock group GOBLIN, Waxwork is excited to offer, for the very first time, a deluxe double LP featuring the complete score music of Dawn Of The Dead with all new artwork, re-mastered audio, high quality packaging, and much more!
By DigitalHiss
Mateo Sanboval wrote:Kind of an odd design choice to have the tagline featured prominently on the cover and then be roughly 40% of the gatefold art as well.
yup...there is so much imagery to mine from this movie and it looks a bit generic.

Was this expanded score ever released on CD or was it just dredged up for this release? *off to discogs*
By chiefbrody
I really like the cover art, but like others, feel a bit indifferent about the gatefold inner artwork. I'm tempted to pick this up, at retail if not tomorrow.
By ChrisMcQueen007
I‘m still very excited about this release as this is easily top 3 Goblin for me. However, I personally don‘t like the cover and inner artwork too much - to me it looks like something out of their Waxwork comics series. Having said that, the artwork probably somewhat fits the overall tone of the movie with its surreal comedy elements in places (but then again I prefer the Argento cut of the movie exactly because it omits these elements ;-).
By Revolver_OcelScott
I like the cover art/Color theme. The nonsubscriber vinyl color is cool as well. The gatefold art is really bad. Very minimal and not in the good way. To each his own though
By Mateo Sanboval
inksb wrote:Don't really care for the artwork but I really want the LP so I'll probably end up ordering this.
As you should. Sport shitting on the package design should in no way interfere with the purchasing and the subsequent, hopefully frequent, playing of the music. The music is the important part. Sadly for me, but not my wallet, the two tracks WW has on Soundcloud aren't enough motivation for me to pick this up. At least not right away.

PS - The retail and sub vinyl colors are cool.

PPS - If you're into that sort of thing.
By bpwlogan
I'm cool with it. The cover and gatefold do have a 70s cereal box look to them. I really don't care at this point as long as the pressing sounds good. I'm curious as to what the subscriber varient will look like.
By Mateo Sanboval
bpwlogan wrote:The cover and gatefold do have a 70s cereal box look to them.
I was thinking laundry detergent.
bpwlogan wrote:I'm curious as to what the subscriber varient will look like.
By Mateo Sanboval
bpwlogan wrote:^ lol, thank you sir!
I'm in your corner.
By skeletonbutt
I think it's all ugly. They should have used the same guy who did the Day of the Dead release. What's with all the cartoons and bright colors? It doesn't evoke anything from the movie at all.
By ScoJo
DigitalHiss wrote:Dawn of the Dead comes up for order tomorrow...I haven't been following it too closely though. Is there any unreleased/rare stuff on this WW release?
It's the track listing from the Cinevox expanded CD, hopefully WW went to the source and had their own master done. Knowing them, that will be the case fingers crossed.
By Mateo Sanboval
Pretty surprised by it. I wonder what the run was.