Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
blindguy wrote:Does anyone know if Get Out will have a retail release or if it's WW site only?
Transmission records will surely get copies. Probably more retailers.
By abedunk
Asked yesterday about "Get Out" sub versions....

"Waxwork Records: Most have, and the rest will be out the door by Monday morning!"

YAY!!!
By Mateo Sanboval
Great heads up, Gibbsy. Gracias. Assuredly my least favorite F13 film and, as such, I don't have much recollection of the score. Perhaps I'll try to stream it.
By ChrisMcQueen007
Mateo Sanboval wrote:Great heads up, Gibbsy. Gracias. Assuredly my least favorite F13 film and, as such, I don't have much recollection of the score. Perhaps I'll try to stream it.
If memory serves me right there are some slight similarities to the other contributions to the series. ;-)
By jgibbs4053
Mateo Sanboval wrote:Great heads up, Gibbsy. Gracias. Assuredly my least favorite F13 film and, as such, I don't have much recollection of the score. Perhaps I'll try to stream it.
Least favorite? You do know there is a movie where Jason is in space?
By reddye6
jgibbs4053 wrote:
There is also that one where he starts to kill kids in a town that outlaws dancing. But then Jason starts dancing and shows everyone that dancing is ok. And then he kills everybody in town.
By deafmetal
reddye6 wrote:There is also that one where he starts to kill kids in a town that outlaws dancing. But then Jason starts dancing and shows everyone that dancing is ok. And then he kills everybody in town.
Footloose 13, right?
By Mateo Sanboval
jgibbs4053 wrote:
I definitely do and Jason X is leagues more enjoyable than the F13 franchise's pitiful attempt at ripping off Halloween 3 and anthologizing their series.
By Mateo Sanboval
J.R. wrote:Hahaha, V is my favourite one. It’s the world’s worst Giallo film, but c’mon: Debbie-su Voorhees...
Oh God bless ya, JR. Holy smokes. It must be a hemispheric thing.
By Mateo Sanboval
bpwlogan wrote:I don't know what's more fun to watch Jason X or Leprechaun in Space. Bad movies must never die!
Exactly so.
By inksb
I like F13pV and Jason X (and Jason Goes to Hell), none of them are actually good films but I derive pleasure from watching them. The only one I never watch is Takes Manhattan because well it lied to me and I will never forgive it for that. When I was young and impressionable Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th were incredible franchises for me work my way through, I remember Part 8 just coming out on VHS and being excited to watch it so I started at the beginning and worked my way through. I had built up 8 as this massive movie in my head, it was called JASON TAKES MANHATTAN!!!, but instead I got a film where Jason takes a walk through the ocean, kills some people on a boat and eventually ARRIVES IN MANHATTAN at the end. I haven't watched it since. It just pissed me off so much.
By Dollarhyde
Thanks for the heads up Gibbs!

@blue

I know it should feature the brilliant Kitaro track Seiun (Nebula). Taken from the brilliant, all synth, OST to the also brilliant Anime Film "Queen Millennia".

https://www.discogs.com/喜多郎-1000年女王-Ori ... se/3441882

Great and cheap soundtrack, a bit vangelis a bit tangerine dream, and interestingly came out before blade runner, with which it shares a few similarities IMO.
The whole LP is on YouTube
https://youtu.be/ZiTB6pG-1a0
By ScoJo
Manhunter- from their previous IG pic of sleeve in production, it's discernable as a 2xLP set with 12 tracks.
Original LP had 9 tracks, Intrada added 'Joggers Stakeout' cue by The Reds, looks like WW edition will feature all CD tracks plus Kitaro's 'Seiun' and Klaus Schultze's 'Freeze'.

It also looks like front cover has die cut eyes+mouth, so I'm predicting silver/foil style inner sleeve to complete 'mirror eyes' effect!

I'm.....umm...VERY much in??!!
By ScoJo
@mateo

So, as the curator of the definitive Sanboval Manhunter Edition, with 13 tracks ('...and. yet. there. is. more...'), are you calling bull hinky on WW statement of their 12x track release being 'all the music from the film'?

Just curious, not stirrin' a hornet's nest or nuffin'.
By Mateo Sanboval
jgibbs4053 wrote:Next week..
Nice work, Gibbsy!!
blue15 wrote:The Intrada Manhunter CD has 10 tracks, interesting to see what this will have.
It should have at least thirteen cuts that I know of.
Dollarhyde wrote:Thanks for the heads up Gibbs!
I know it should feature the brilliant Kitaro track Seiun (Nebula). Taken from the brilliant, all synth, OST to the also brilliant Anime Film "Queen Millennia".
I know my homemade digital OST certainly does. As well as Hikari No Sono. Sometimes these two songs are presented together as one so it remains to be seen if WW have included both or just Seiun.
ScoJo wrote:@mateo
So, as the curator of the definitive Sanboval Manhunter Edition, with 13 tracks ('...and. yet. there. is. more...'), are you calling bull hinky on WW statement of their 12x track release being 'all the music from the film'?

Just curious, not stirrin' a hornet's nest or nuffin'.
Yes. Aside from the two Kitaro and one Schulze, there is a bunch of music from The Reds still out there and other cues by Rubinstein. I think Shriekback has other music as well, but I'd have to double check on that. For example, the Reds turned in a half an hour's worth of music though not all of it was used. They reportedly got the gig on the strength of their rejected demo for Miami Vice.

I should say that while there is definitely more music out there, this is almost as complete as I optimistically expected it to be and that is awesome. No shade from me. If this had just been the ten tracks, eyes would've rolled. I'd just love even a digital dump of some of the extra music one day, but it's such a nerdy completionist type of thing it may never be worth it for those involved to make the effort.
Last edited by Mateo Sanboval on Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By Dollarhyde
[quote="Mateo Sanboval" there is a bunch of music from The Reds still out there and other cues by Rubinstein. I think Shriekback has other music as well, but I'd have to double check on that. For example, the Reds turned in a half an hour's worth of music though not all of it was used.[/quote]

:0 !!!

Wow never new any of this. I only found out about the queen millennia connection after picking up the ost to feed my leiji Matsumoto obsession, and thinking 'this sounds familiar'. I hope to shed a bit more light on the anime movie in the now watching section when I get a chance, it's a bit of a hidden gem IMO.