Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
Whooo boy, i know a lot of this has been well teased, but this year is going to be great for WW.

https://waxworkrecords.com/blogs/news/2 ... nouncement
By NathanLurker
I'd have to listen a bit to the Get Out soundtrack to refresh my memory, I seem to recall I enjoyed the music in it. the 4 other titles, I'm all in for sure, great titles ! I already have the dawn of the dead from AMS, but the Waxwork one will be expanded so there's that. 4 out of 5 are on 2xLP. I think the price is the same as last year ?
By reddye6
NathanLurker wrote:I'd have to listen a bit to the Get Out soundtrack to refresh my memory, I seem to recall I enjoyed the music in it. the 4 other titles, I'm all in for sure, great titles ! I already have the dawn of the dead from AMS, but the Waxwork one will be expanded so there's that. 4 out of 5 are on 2xLP. I think the price is the same as last year ?
Last year, domestic US price was $205 (did a quick email search to find my old PayPal receipt). But there are also more extras for 2018 than there were for this year.
By NathanLurker
so, more expensive then. I thought it was just the exchange rate that was less good this year, I'm in Canada. To be honest, there's a couple extra goodies I really don't care about so it's a bit annoying that prices keep going up. If the poster is nice, I'm interested in that. An additional mug is okay, I'll take it. I don't care for the Pin (I always loose those when I put them on my clothes), don't care for the magnet and calendar and notebook.

the giveaway of 1 u-turn orbit turntable is a nice little extra.
By ScoJo
@MrLemonoue casually strolls in, announces total disinterest in

- first time ever full release of the iconic music from NoTLD (a rights nightmare, apparently - full kudos to WW!)

- first time ever full release of full Goblin score from DoTD! (whaaaaaaahhhh??!)

- first vinyl release (2lp expanded) of the incredible Jerry Goldsmith score to fan favourite The Burbs!

- first vinyl release of the killer score to Sam Raimi modern classic Drag Me To Hell (a personal fave)

- first vinyl release of the superb, uniquely fascinating and offbeat score from Get Out!

and exits stage left. I have to ask you sir - then, what are you interested in for the love of Ike??

;)
By Hatter313
Yeah guys, i mean,

The Past:
Two stone cold powerhouse essentials in expanded forms (NIght and Dawn)
One cult favorite from an unstoppable legendary composer on wax for the first time ('Burbs)

The Current:
One modern classic of orchestral horror scoring by an old favorite (DMTH)

The Future
And a fresh, exciting new voice and sound in a genre we all love (GET OUT)

I think its an incredible line up.
By Mateo Sanboval
ScoJo wrote:@MrLemonoue casually strolls in, announces total disinterest in

- first time ever full release of the iconic music from NoTLD (a rights nightmare, apparently - full kudos to WW!)

- first time ever full release of full Goblin score from DoTD! (whaaaaaaahhhh??!)

- first vinyl release (2lp expanded) of the incredible Jerry Goldsmith score to fan favourite The Burbs!

- first vinyl release of the killer score to Sam Raimi modern classic Drag Me To Hell (a personal fave)

- first vinyl release of the superb, uniquely fascinating and offbeat score from Get Out!

and exits stage left. I have to ask you sir - then, what are you interested in for the love of Ike??

;)
You forgot the mug!!
By NathanLurker
Mateo Sanboval wrote:You forgot the mug!!
to use with black coffee, right ?
By reddye6
NathanLurker wrote:
Yeah, you all may be joking about that mug, but I smashed my work mug accidentally in a dramatic fashion about a month ago, and I'm using a travel mug that I don't like a lot. I may just pay that international price just to show my love for mug.
By Mateo Sanboval
NathanLurker wrote:
By DigitalHiss
I'm in for NotLD and DotD.

No interest in "subscription variants" or knick knacks.
By static14
Loving this lineup :) gonna be a hell of a year for grails
By Revolver_OcelScott
DigitalHiss wrote:I'm in for NotLD and DotD.

No interest in "subscription variants" or knick knacks.
I've wanted NOTLD, but didn't want to pay 100 bucks, and my DOTD is the blue cover original release and is beat to hell, was looking to replace it anyways ,so this has me super excited. Cannot frigging wait
By Peek-a-boo
If you live in the U.K., could you potentially have to pay import dutiy on each record?
By maxlevel
I’m on the current sub in the UK and never paid customs charges for waxwork. The worry is always there but I trust waxwork 100%
By Mr Lemonoue

;)

I'm very selected for what records I buy, mostly Electronic scores, Morricone stuff, other cool stuff. Not that much Orchestral scores. Can't justify $285, for maybe one record I like, will pick up Dawn Of The Dead (1978) score, a fan of Goblin.
By Bezulsqy
I am actually again contemplating of getting this. I got sub 1 and 2 and post on 3 because of the costs. This time the costs internationally is a little less than last year and you get a magnet!
Of course there is buying all release at Transmission which save a lot of money. But no magnet...
By ScoJo
Mr Lemonoue wrote:

;)

I'm very selected for what records I buy, mostly Electronic scores, Morricone stuff, other cool stuff. Not that much Orchestral scores. Can't justify $285, for maybe one record I like, will pick up Dawn Of The Dead (1978) score, a fan of Goblin.
Oh I totally get you, man - was just horsing around, but mainly was an excuse to go into the detailed info on the releases that WW announced ;)

Mainly electronic,you say?

My man!
By Occhionero
Great and thanks that costs for international sub has been reduced!

Have already two versions of Dawn, so an expanded edition would be great.

I am a fan of picture discs, if one sub variant will be a PD would also be cool.
By Mr Lemonoue
ScoJo wrote:
Mr Lemonoue wrote:

;)

Oh I totally get you, man - was just horsing around, but mainly was an excuse to go into the detailed info on the releases that WW announced ;)

Mainly electronic,you say?

My man!
Yeah mostly, stuff like Carpenter, Brad Fiedel, Harold Faltermeyer, Hans Zimmer, M83 (Oblivion), Daft Punk (Tron), Goblin, Vangelis (Blade Runer) stuff like that = my happy