Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
That ultimate edition of dawn is gorgeous, even if a nice blu came out I’d probably still keep it.
By blindguy
Despite the fact i figured I'd be a subscriber for life, and I intend to buy all of these releases, as the clock ticks down I'm finding it hard to justify to myself spending the money for the $100 in "extras" that will mostly end up in a box somewhere. Too bad they don't have a less deluxe version

Who knows though, i'll probably change my mind several times before the ned of the day.
By blastman
Long shot, but I don't suppose anyone bought a sub and is now regretting it and would sell? I was in for Sub 2 & 3 and intended to renew this year again, but after a rather hectic Christmas, I forgot about it until Jan 3rd!

Between this and having my last Mondo order caught for import duty (first time ever), it's not been a great start to 2018 (for my record collection at least!)
By skeletonbutt
Well, if it's any consolation, you'd get hit with taxes/duty with Waxwork as well since they also switched to DHL for international shipments.
By NathanLurker
skeletonbutt wrote:Well, if it's any consolation, you'd get hit with taxes/duty with Waxwork as well since they also switched to DHL for international shipments.
They did, but I never got hit with taxes/duty on my subscription titles. I think they make sure no charges are incurred on those.
By Bezulsqy
NathanLurker wrote:
skeletonbutt wrote:Well, if it's any consolation, you'd get hit with taxes/duty with Waxwork as well since they also switched to DHL for international shipments.
They did, but I never got hit with taxes/duty on my subscription titles. I think they make sure no charges are incurred on those.
I think they mentioned this in a post somewhere that no one needed to worry about customs when the sub is considered. I think they put a low value on those orders.
By blastman
Like I said, it was the first time any of my many Waxwork or Mondo purchases had been stopped. I may have gotten a little greedy the last $10 international shipping offer they had and ordered three records (usually stick to one or two when i order so the package isn't unusually heavy) and with it being so close to Christmas, when customs tend to be more vigilant, it was noticed.

Anyway, regarding the sub, I emailed WW when I realised the deadline had passed, but was told it's full. Does anyone from Waxwork still look in here, is there any point in posting a big sob story?? :)
By Mateo Sanboval
blastman wrote:Like I said, it was the first time any of my many Waxwork or Mondo purchases had been stopped. I may have gotten a little greedy the last $10 international shipping offer they had and ordered three records (usually stick to one or two when i order so the package isn't unusually heavy) and with it being so close to Christmas, when customs tend to be more vigilant, it was noticed.

Anyway, regarding the sub, I emailed WW when I realised the deadline had passed, but was told it's full. Does anyone from Waxwork still look in here, is there any point in posting a big sob story?? :)
Not sure if Waxwork checks in here anymore, but you could try reaching out to them via social media (I think Kevin has a FB page that he uses in a public fashion) and appeal directly to the source. Or check the FB WW club. There tons of folks in there. Some of them might be having buyer's remorse.
By maxlevel
Ok so the Christmas period is coming and presumably another subscription, number 5 is alive!

But I’ve only actually received 2 of the advertised releases, plus a good amount of merchandise which I love. DotD and Get Out I have, mug, calendar, T-shirt and possibly the badge I have was part of the sub, the record enamel.

Will send an email soon, just wondering if anyone has more info I may have missed
By Hatter313
Yeah the burbs, drag me to, and NOTLD haven’t been released yet, I imagine NOTLD is probably coming before the month is out.
By NathanLurker
I guess it's possible the subscriptions will overlap. if this sub is not done by December, I suppose they'll still sell a new one, and the current sub will finish early 2019 when the new sub has already started.
By texasvinyl
I bet they just end the subscription option. So much of what they release isn't included in the sub, and it does not seem like a big focus for them. I guess it's a way to bake in sales for a set # of releases from their upcoming release schedule.
By NathanLurker
They've posted a picture of the Night of the Living Dead Spine on social media, it's coming.
By Revolver_OcelScott
NathanLurker wrote:They've posted a picture of the Night of the Living Dead Spine on social media, it's coming.
Just saw that myself. Can't wait! Also can't wait for you the Dawn "Library" release. Already have the Trunk version, but can't have enough!
By Hatter313
Was just coming here to post this.

Can’t wait
By havershaw
are you all sure there’s a library DOTD coming? I’ve heard rumblings of this elsewhere, but no one seems to know where they heard it/saw it, and I can’t find anything official from Waxwork.
By Hatter313
Yeah Kevin mentioned it somewhere, I think in a reply to someone on Instagram at some point.
By maxlevel
Have to say, I absolutely hate not getting replies to my emails. It’s not the first time with WW either
By skeletonbutt
I had an issue with my Pilot Priest album being very noisy at a few points on one or two of the three records and asked if I could send it back to them and have a replacement sent. They wanted me to make videos of all the instances where it was noisy and send them the videos before getting a replacement? For a triple album, I couldn't be bothered and just kept it. I guess it's my own fault for being lazy, but is that standard for most labels?
By havershaw
I *just* had this happen with the From Beyond record - side 1 was full of pops and crackles. They just asked me for” a short smart phone video of the audio problem” and I did about a 1 min video of the beginning of that side and they sent a replacement the same day.
By inksb
skeletonbutt wrote:I had an issue with my Pilot Priest album being very noisy at a few points on one or two of the three records and asked if I could send it back to them and have a replacement sent. They wanted me to make videos of all the instances where it was noisy and send them the videos before getting a replacement? For a triple album, I couldn't be bothered and just kept it. I guess it's my own fault for being lazy, but is that standard for most labels?
I would say yeah, I would expect them to ask for a video. Although I always do this anyways just so they don't think I'm some weird anal retentive nut job who is asking for 12 replacements for minor defects. I had a serious issue with my Halloween 5, I sent photos and a video of the defect. They shipped out a replacement immediately. They are mostly small companies and just sending new discs to every one that asks for one is not cost effective, I think asking for proof is a reasonable request IMO.
By NathanLurker
got this email : ''DRAG BURBS SUB HAS SHIPPED''

these two, and NOTLD soon, sub will be complete, after all.
By skeletonbutt
inksb wrote:
skeletonbutt wrote:I had an issue with my Pilot Priest album being very noisy at a few points on one or two of the three records and asked if I could send it back to them and have a replacement sent. They wanted me to make videos of all the instances where it was noisy and send them the videos before getting a replacement? For a triple album, I couldn't be bothered and just kept it. I guess it's my own fault for being lazy, but is that standard for most labels?
I would say yeah, I would expect them to ask for a video. Although I always do this anyways just so they don't think I'm some weird anal retentive nut job who is asking for 12 replacements for minor defects. I had a serious issue with my Halloween 5, I sent photos and a video of the defect. They shipped out a replacement immediately. They are mostly small companies and just sending new discs to every one that asks for one is not cost effective, I think asking for proof is a reasonable request IMO.
I guess I just thought it was weird they wouldn't let me pay to ship the record back to them and be sent a replacement. They wouldn't let me post/send the videos over Instagram, either (that would be the easiest option) but they wanted me to email them the video files, which may have required me to edit the files to get them down to a small enough file size to be emailed.
By Mateo Sanboval
No one ever got into record collecting for the convenience.