Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
So according to a reply on their instagram, looks like they will be releasing the original score as we know it. I imagine that the Shifrin score that they teased will be a separate release then? i imagine that its not enough content for a full LP, so maybe a ten inch bonus or something, or even just included in this package.

Anyway, stoked whatever it is :)
By Mateo Sanboval
According to Bloody Disgusting (http://bloody-disgusting.com/music/3423 ... ist-vinyl/), the "original tracklist is this:
1 –Jack Nitzsche, Krzysztof Penderecki Iraq
2 –Anton Webern Five Pieces For Orchestra
3 –Krzysztof Penderecki Polymorphia
4 –Krzysztof Penderecki String Quartet No. 1
5 –Harry Bee Beginnings From “The Wind Harp”
6 –Krzysztof Penderecki Kanon For Orchestra And Tape
7 –Hans Werner Henze Fantasia For Strings
8 –Lalo Schifrin Music From The Unused Trailer
9 –Lalo Schifrin Suite From The Unused Score To ‘The Exorcist’
10 –Lalo Schifrin Rock Ballad (Unused Theme From ‘The Exorcist’)

Not sure I understand that as being the original score at all. This is the tracklist I am familiar with:
https://www.discogs.com/master/view/488055
Iraq 1:55
Georgetown / Tubular Bells 5:21
Five Pieces For Orchestra, Op.10 (Sehr Langsam Und Äusserst Ruhig) 11:15
Polymorphia 11:43
String Quartet (1960) 7:10
Windharp 2:41
Night Of The Electric Insects 1:33
Kanon For Orchestra And Tape 9:49
Tubular Bells 0:28
Fantasia For Strings 2:10

The omission of Tubular Bells from the Bloody Disgusting tracklist is notable. As is the inclusion of the three Schifrin cuts. I'll be looking forward to seeing the final tracklist because I'm not sure I love what's going on here (if it is in fact accurate). Still a bit bummed out about The Thing seemingly not including the JC/AW parts, but will have to wait and see there as well.
By Hatter313
yeah loving the artwork. Thats the track list I'm familiar with too, so i figured maybe it would be that with the Shifrin stuff added. the omission of tubular bells is notable as is the omission of night of electric insects. Will be interesting to see what this actually contains haha, i'm sure it will be cool either way.
By Mateo Sanboval
Anybody heard anything else about this release?
By Hatter313
according to this thread....its you and me against the world.

I'm guessing this is for the spring though, I think they said that Evil Dead 2 was the first sub title, so that should be soonish i imagine. The thing is dropping round the same time I think. I'd say maybe this is for March or April maybe. Of course all of that could be nonsense wishful thinking.
By Mateo Sanboval
Yep. Looks like it. Understandably hard for folks to look too far down the waxward path with The Thing coming right around the corner.
By Bezulsqy
I am guessing as well of course but March/April seems like a fitting candidate for this release.
First The Thing. Then Evil Dead 2 of The Babadook. Then Exorcist.
This information is based on not a lot :-)
By Mateo Sanboval
Bezulsqy wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/Bapgv5UDAy4 ... orkrecords
Re-mastered from the original 1973 master tapes, incredible packaging, exclusive liner notes from William Friedkin, a booklet, new art by @justinericksonart of @phantomcitycreative, and much more. Coming this Halloween.
We have worked on this release since we started Waxwork in January 2013
And we still don't know what's on it. Or not on it as the case may be. Oh well, I guess we'll find out soon enough.

PS - Why is it blue?

PPS - Or is that the Contemporary Color Timing Teal variant?
By ScoJo
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
PS - Why is it blue?

And that's your honest-to-gosh LOLs from me!
By Mateo Sanboval
ScoJo wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
PS - Why is it blue?

And that's your honest-to-gosh LOLs from me!
Finally! After all these years...I got one.
By NathanLurker
There you go. look at that tracklist :same release that probably everybody already has, but in a new package. the liner notes and the re-mastering are the main arguments towards double dipping. my 2 copies of the widely available 1974 pressings were bought used and for cheap so I won't feel too back about getting this new pressing.
By Mateo Sanboval
Thanks for sharing those pics, Gibbsy! Musch appreciated.
By Mateo Sanboval
filmsonwax wrote:So is the Schifrin score going to be a separate release?
Doesn't sound like it, FoW. I think they said in their FB chat a few weeks back that they were not longer releasing the Schifrin score. They gave some vague reasoning about respecting someone's wishes or something to that effect.
By Mateo Sanboval
filmsonwax wrote:Probably Friedkin's.
Maybe so. I have no idea, but it's a shame. Including that music would've taken this from a rehash to something special like their Taxi Driver release which is what I'm sure they were hoping for initially. Too bad the director's, or whomever's, involvement could have vetoed that.
By Hatter313
Going to grab in person this weekend, will let you know how it rates :)
By Mateo Sanboval
Hatter313 wrote:Going to grab in person this weekend, will let you know how it rates :)
Niiiiice.

Also, I'm expecting you to spin some of your usual spellbinding yarns about the weekend's shenanigans.