• Creepshow
  • Trick R Treat
Still no new words on Waxwork Comics

Waxwork Originals:
  • Pilotpriest
  • House of Hayduk ?
Did I miss anything?
Probably another Friday the 13th...
Last edited by Bezulsqy on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Mateo Sanboval
Wow, that's a lot of stuff. At least a few that I'd be on board for.
By reddye6
Wasn't Waxwork also slated to release the soundtrack to "We Are Still Here"?
By jgibbs4053
They already did represses of Dotd and Creepshow. Were they talking about repressing ReAnimator w a green liquid filled album?
By Mateo Sanboval
jgibbs4053 wrote:They already did represses of Dotd and Creepshow. Were they talking about repressing ReAnimator w a green liquid filled album?
They did indeed I believe, but nothing came of it that I can remember. The did release ReAnimator in a green and white swirl a couple of years back.
By Hatter313
NOTLD was confirmed to me personally at the MOMA screening, Kevin was super excited about it and said it was going to be a deluxe reissue, so that should be a stellar release.
By Mateo Sanboval
Could this be real or is it just a colossal tease?Image
By bpwlogan
If they posted something like that it's coming back for a reissue. I'd expect it to cost some $$$ though. I think Kevin said in one interview that on the original press of the blood filled varient that WW actually lost money on that one. I would throw down on one if the price isn't too outrageous.
By deafmetal
bpwlogan wrote:I would throw down on one if the price isn't too outrageous.
Since they are all hand-made, I could not imagine a huge number being created. It would surely be another brawl-like drop for the limited copies? I still want one too. :)
By bpwlogan
It would be nice if the subscribers had the chance to snag one. I think deaf is right though because these are hand made there won't be enough created to meet demand. The drop on this one is going to be like Henry Fonda heading to California in The Grapes of Wrath.
By bpwlogan
Lol, I love it ScoJo! I think we should never forget the last time WW put the blood filled varient up for grabs their entire site crashed for a few days. Maybe a lottery would be the best option for this handmade release.
By blue15
Maybe a blood filled release would be for subscribers only? A limited pre-order window, limit 1 copy each, so WW knows exactly how many to make, and that's it. Number each one to track potential flippers (I suspect everyone would be well behaved). And if you're not on the 2017 subscriber list, well, 2018 sign ups start at the end of the year.
By NathanLurker
I'm pretty sure that's not gonna happen, especially if they share tease pictures on social media to everyone instead of on a dedicated subscriber email. I'm pretty sure the only advantage that the subscribers would have is the 10% discount. Last time, there was 100 blood filled made. There's at least 200 subscriber ( 190 person have the subscriber edition of my bloody valentine, on discogs). I don't think that they'll make enough copies to sell to subscribers first AND to non-subscriber after. But I could be wrong.

I also think that this time around, it's going to be more expensive than last time, which will make some people uninterested in getting the product.

I don't know if I'm going to try to get one. When there's more information that becomes available we'll see.
By monsterworship
I would think that there at are least 300 - 400 subscribers. if not hundreds more this year.

Not everyone uses discogs so i wouldn't use that as a definitive number.
Well, I use discogs but I don't even have 1/3 of my collection on there.

I'd be interested in buying one this time, since i was a victim of the site crashing the first time.
By milliondollars
you really think there is only 300-400 subscribers? i have the feeling there must be arround 1000 now. Waxwrork is hip nowadays. i may be wrong though.

to be honest, i'm not after this fancy kind of thing. but if they do a blood filled one for each subscriber, this would be the biggest marketing tool they have ever used. just imagine what happens to subscriber numbers in 2018. they will explode. everyone wants to become a subscriber then, because nobody wants to miss out. i don't have the feeling subscribing to Waxwork has been a HUGE benefit yet...
By deafmetal
@million$ - That would be the ultimate subscription gift. We can dream, right? Like many of you, I also subscribed for another year. Enjoyable stuff, and I think I will check out The Howling reissue here shortly.
By Bezulsqy
milliondollars wrote:you really think there is only 300-400 subscribers? i have the feeling there must be arround 1000 now. Waxwrork is hip nowadays. i may be wrong though.

to be honest, i'm not after this fancy kind of thing. but if they do a blood filled one for each subscriber, this would be the biggest marketing tool they have ever used. just imagine what happens to subscriber numbers in 2018. they will explode. everyone wants to become a subscriber then, because nobody wants to miss out. i don't have the feeling subscribing to Waxwork has been a HUGE benefit yet...
I never subscribed to Waxwork in order to receive HUGE benefits. The benefit of the 18% discount was very nice. But for me it had more to do with being part of a Waxwork fanclub of some sorts.
However this year I decided to stop being a subscriber. Main reason: the costs. Each release would be 60 euro including shipping. That is too big a price to pay for me to join any fanclub.
Anyways, it is not my intention to reduce everything to price or costs. I still love what they release. And I will keep on buying some of the releases and supporting what they do.

What more surprises will they have in store this year?