Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By monsterworship
Bezulsqy wrote:
milliondollars wrote:you really think there is only 300-400 subscribers? i have the feeling there must be arround 1000 now. Waxwrork is hip nowadays. i may be wrong though.

to be honest, i'm not after this fancy kind of thing. but if they do a blood filled one for each subscriber, this would be the biggest marketing tool they have ever used. just imagine what happens to subscriber numbers in 2018. they will explode. everyone wants to become a subscriber then, because nobody wants to miss out. i don't have the feeling subscribing to Waxwork has been a HUGE benefit yet...
I never subscribed to Waxwork in order to receive HUGE benefits. The benefit of the 18% discount was very nice. But for me it had more to do with being part of a Waxwork fanclub of some sorts.
However this year I decided to stop being a subscriber. Main reason: the costs. Each release would be 60 euro including shipping. That is too big a price to pay for me to join any fanclub.
Anyways, it is not my intention to reduce everything to price or costs. I still love what they release. And I will keep on buying some of the releases and supporting what they do.

What more surprises will they have in store this year?
I also was a subscriber the last two years but passed on renewing for this year.
- I have originals of the majority of the 2017 releases and some aren't ones I care for double dipping on.
- Shirts and patches and bags, slip mats are of little interest to me.
By milliondollars
that's what i've been talking about. the sub is not a HUGE benefit anymore...
don't want to fuck around but did anyone realize they cut the subbers discount from 18% to 10%? according to my calculator thats like 8% less than the last years. this made me a little sad to be honest. i sent them a email and i hope i am not the only one...
By NathanLurker
Yeah they did announce the cut from 18% to 10%. They also posted that people had been abusing the discount so they had to cut it down a bit to reduce the losses.
By slik
I was a little unsure about renewing my sub this year, though at the end of the day the pros did outweigh the cons. Cost was the issue, £ vs. $, pretty bad. However, Waxwork have consistently put out great releases, and I kinda like the stickers, t-shirts, slipmats, pins, postcards, heads up on releases before release, customer service response, oh, and the discount some chumps abused.......less this year maybe, yet still appreciated.
By Mateo Sanboval
milliondollars wrote: don't want to fuck around but did anyone realize they cut the subbers discount from 18% to 10%? according to my calculator thats like 8% less than the last years.
I actually lol'd.
By Mateo Sanboval
Is it wrong that I've MSRP anxiety when seeing news of a new Waxwork release. It may be completely irrational so feel free to tell me so, but I saw the 3xLP and I immediately thought of a fifty dollar bill.
By 334578rpm
Waxwork have "coming soon" placeholders in their shop for Pilotpriest and Babadook (I don't think they've done this before). All of the details (including price and release date) are on the individual product pages.
By Mateo Sanboval
I'm in for the Pilotpriest record.
By Hatter313
that pilotpriest record is awesome, totally down for that.
By slik
I like the release date heads up, price etc on site.....at least I can set aside funds, and time, to order. Work hasn't always given me the luxury of the drop time in the past. Pilot Priest is such a good release!
By NathanLurker
My deluxe Thing shipped from New Orleans on april 7th, and is now... in Portugal ? Seems like quite a detour to reach Montreal ^_^
Oh well. as long as it arrives at some point. In the meantime I got an OG.

That Pilotpriest release looks interesting for sure, I sampled the tracks on soundcloud yesterday, sounds fantastic. 45USD on the waxwork website, I'm probably looking at a 80$CAD/85$CAD shipping included to canada. *sigh* these expensive days for record collecting, man .... A couple of months ago I picked up the 3LP ''booster'' release from Tangerine Dream and that costed me 43$CAD. Waxwork's covers are way sturdier and more beautiful than the single sleeve ''booster'' came in, but still.

Going to pick it up anyway, of course.
By deafmetal
I am also interested in the Pilotpriest album. The digital tracks have been quite enjoyable.

@Nathan - I have a couple 3LP albums in single sleeves and they are all heavily worn just from shelving the weight of vinyl. Prone to seam splits as well. Trust Waxwork will be doing it right for their release.
By BurningAstronaut
Thought I'd share this:
Hello, 2017 Subscribers! We are taking this opportunity to send you an update about this year's subscription and when items are expected to ship. We cannot thank you enough for your support.

We must first apologize for the wait. This year marks our third Subscription service. It has never taken this long to get Subscription items out the door and into your hands. To speak candidly, we are really frustrated about it.
Because of various pressing plant delays that were out of our control, and because of poor quality control issues, we have made numerous big changes. These changes boil down to who we will work with in the future to manufacture your records.

We will never sacrifice quality. We were provided with sub-par, poor quality records. We trashed all of them and re-pressed immediately. At this point in the year, we should have already released THE THING, THE BABADOOK, PILOTPRIEST, EVIL DEAD 2, and CREEPSHOW 2. As you may have noticed, only the first run of THE THING has made it out the door.
This is very upsetting and disheartening, and we understand if you are upset with how this year's subscription is going.

On the up side, EVIL DEAD 2 is being packed out, now. THE BABADOOK is also on press and will be packed and shipped within four weeks. CREEPSHOW 2 is also in production with our new pressing plant, and we are confident that you will absolutely love it, and the silk screened poster that will come with it.

DARKMAN and DON'T LOOK NOW are on press and expected to ship during the third and fourth quarters of this year.

Again, thank you so much for your patience, and for being a part of this year's subscription. We hit a production delay early this year and quality control issues. We are happy that we caught these issues before sending out a single record. It's crucial for us to send you quality products, every time. Please take advantage of your 10% discount, and keep an eye out for all of the records and merchandise coming to you, soon.
By Mateo Sanboval
Interesting stuff. I must confess ignorance as to which pressing plant Waxwork has been using, but I'd love to know where they switched to.
By texasvinyl
I don't mind the delay. I know it's bad (horrible!) for business where growth is king, but slowing things down for me isn't the worst thing. The relentless and accelerating pace of releases and new labels is kind of overwhelming!
By afox2176
I know they've used Erika Records in the recent past, they switched to GZ for a short time in 2015, but then went back to Erika. You can see the beauty from Erika Records in stunning releases like Altered States (sub), The Warriors (deluxe), Salem's Lot, The Howling (sub). Sound quality is the priority but hopefully we don't lose out on the aesthetics of the press that we've all come to love and expect.
Mateo Sanboval wrote:Interesting stuff. I must confess ignorance as to which pressing plant Waxwork has been using, but I'd love to know where they switched to.
By Mateo Sanboval
Thanks for the knowledge, afox2176. Much appreciated. I wonder what changed with Erika Records that led to multiple shoddy results.
By reddye6
I got my Pilotpriest yesterday and put them on today. The first and third LPs had decent warps - so much so that I've sent an email to Waxwork to see about replacement. The music itself is good, although the pressing (at least my copy) has some crackles and pops going on. Are you guys having better luck with this release?