Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
I think that is definitely meant to be a petri dish with a blood sample in it. Looks cool.
By chiefbrody
Looks very cool!

Everything about this release (except the apparent absence of unreleased material) looks unmissable. I'm looking forward to seeing the full release info.

I don't have the music on any format, so I'm going to need to break my self-imposed period of vinyl restraint for this release. Waxwork are on a long run of AAA releases - I hope there's plenty of The Thing to go around, as I imagine demand will be huge!
By Bezulsqy
My guess is that The Thing will be released within the next two weeks.
In a response to a post Waxwork said a customer would have their record before a convention where he could take the record to get signed.

Also guessing that their are two variants. The white one smells like retail and the one pictured here website exclusive:
http://www.factmag.com/2016/12/12/waxwo ... =v1buttons

But would do I know?
They also mentioned somewhere a very short pre-order window.
By Mateo Sanboval
Interesting...
By bpwlogan
I might pick up both varients on this release. I really like the artwork on most of these soundtrack reissues the past few years, but I'm a movie poster kind of guy. The cover art on the Waxwork release looks better than the one used for the original MCA vinyl edition. If I have to just pick one varient I'm going with the solid white one. Get your discount code ready guys. This is going to be a knockout release!
By Mateo Sanboval
Antarctica is a little wonky looking. I just can't shake it.
By deafmetal
monsterworship wrote:I see there being more than two colors on this one. i hope i'm wrong, as I plan to buy them all...
I'm wondering how huge the response is going to be to this drop. It might actually be difficult to pull that off, especially with subbers launching first strikes. ;)
By bpwlogan
I know the soundtrack bubble has deflated some in the past year or so, but this drop could be as crazy as the Friday the 13th release. I think a lot of people who have dropped out of the soundtrack reissue craze the past few years are going to come back for this one. I'm probably picking up every varient too.
By slik
Pretty sure only two variants, one being a "deluxe". Facebook replies from WW seem to state this. That'd be white and the blue/white haze I guess, though which is the deluxe....? Ah, the anticipation!
By Mateo Sanboval
slik wrote:Pretty sure only two variants, one being a "deluxe". Facebook replies from WW seem to state this. That'd be white and the blue/white haze I guess, though which is the deluxe....? Ah, the anticipation!
And what makes it deluxe. Surely not just the more limited colorway. Perhaps beefier packaging? Some of Kurt's toenail clippings? This is important.
By bpwlogan
Wow, looks pretty cool. Thanks for posting these Instagram pics jgibbs. Hopefully the deluxe edition isn't too outrageous in cost. I'm guessing it's going to be in the $60-$100 range. My wish is that it's on the lower end of that price prediction:)
By Mateo Sanboval
bpwlogan wrote:Wow, looks pretty cool. Thanks for posting these Instagram pics jgibbs. Hopefully the deluxe edition isn't too outrageous in cost. I'm guessing it's going to be in the $60-$100 range. My wish is that it's on the lower end of that price prediction:)
Holy smokes! You think so? That's a lot of lettuce for a 1LP in a die-cut sleeve with no new tracks plus a poster and a booklet.
By bpwlogan
@Mateo-I just keep thinking about the deluxe editions of Friday the 13th Part 3 & The Warriors. I guess it's going to come down to how deluxe this edition is going to be. I think we'll be lucky to see this at $50.
By DigitalHiss
As far as I can tell the only things the "Deluxe" version offers is a blue/white haze color vinyl and that breakaway sleeve?

The color vinyl doesn't really appeal to me, and the sleeve is cool...but I'll definitely have to weigh the cost of the "deluxe" vs "regular" editions.
By Mateo Sanboval
bpwlogan wrote:@Mateo-I just keep thinking about the deluxe editions of Friday the 13th Part 3 & The Warriors. I guess it's going to come down to how deluxe this edition is going to be. I think we'll be lucky to see this at $50.
Fair points all, BPW. Hopefully not the case.
DigitalHiss wrote:As far as I can tell the only things the "Deluxe" version offers is a blue/white haze color vinyl and that breakaway sleeve?

The color vinyl doesn't really appeal to me, and the sleeve is cool...but I'll definitely have to weigh the cost of the "deluxe" vs "regular" editions.
If the Deluxe is the only version that comes with the liners/interview booklet, I'll be bummed out. That's the only "extra" I don't want to be without.

On another note, I was initially a little surprised to see this coming from Waxwork as opposed to DWRC/Mondo, but when we started to get the gist that was strictly the Morricone score and not any of the extra Carpenter/Howard bits, it made more sense to me. Now, though, seeing as JC is directly involved (at least in the manner of a long longform interview), I am mildly surprised once again to see this elsewhere.
By DigitalHiss
@mateo I agree that the booklet/interview would be a deciding factor in getting the deluxe vs regular...but then again, what more can JC possibly say about this score/film that he hasn't said in the past 30+ years of him being asked about it?

If I had to guess, I'd say the only real thing between the deluxe and reg versions (aside from vinyl color) will be that the deluxe has the 11"x22" poster and that breakaway sleeve housing thing. The reg will have just the gatefold jacket and booklet.

The expensive thing to produce for Waxwork out of all the "extras" would be that breakaway sleeve...so having that be limited makes sense. The booklet/JC interview is a good selling point for someone in a shop holding it in their hand and would make sense to be in all editions.
By bpwlogan
@DigitalHiss- I could care less about the color varient too, but the breakaway sleeve seals the deal for me.

@Mateo- I'm amazed at how many major movie studio scores Waxwork is getting. They have releases linked to Paramount, Warner Bros, and now Universal. Got some good connections I'd say. Maybe we'll see The Shinning next. This label is running on all cylinders at this point!
Last edited by bpwlogan on Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
By ScoJo
I have my mental $$ upper-limit set for the deluxe...which I will no doubt ignore when it all kicks off ;)
By milliondollars
it's not a matter of extra costs. the problem is the extra space that the deluxe break-away sleeve will take. my racks is crammed to the max already.