Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
i was just coming here to post this....i can't even begin to describe my excitement
By Aremagod
I'm excited for this and I wish it could have been part of the sub instead of The Babadook.
By Mateo Sanboval
Well kiss my grits and pass the J&B! Big coup for Waxwork, no? I don't believe they've released any Morricone or Carpenter and now they've got a two-for-one in one of the most iconic (read: highly sought after) scores out there right now.
By Aremagod
Oh and I hope this leads to a Christine score release by Waxworks......that would be amazing.
By Hatter313
Christine and BTILC both need some reissue love, Would love to too Waxwork tackle both of them if DW isn't. T hen i think all the major JC work would have gotten the treatment no?
By bpwlogan
It's going to be interesting to see what type of varient they come up with for this. It would be nice if they just used the original theater poster for the cover. This is great news regardless.
Last edited by bpwlogan on Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By NathanLurker
I wonder if that's going to be an expanded release, music wise. I got an original release but I'll definitely buy this new edition anyway.
By ScoJo
I'd cream in my jeans if they manage to expand this in some way. My heart prays for original tapes, as the Howarth-led / BSX ltd CD edition from 2011 features Carpenter tracks 're-created' by Howarth - though very well done they are, I gotta dream that with WWs ability to procure archival material from big studio vaults there's more than an outside chance of them unearthing masters of the entire original score cues.
Last edited by ScoJo on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ScoJo
The glimpse of the frosty-layers-within-clear vinyl in the teaser video is quite bewitching....
By DigitalHiss
Finally! While I appreciate the 2011 expanded/re-recorded edition I'd love to see Waxwork dig up "lost" original cues..

Apprehensive on what the cover will look like...I hope it isn't too busy or cartoony.

"Coming soon"... tail end of 2016 or early 2017 release I wonder..
By NathanLurker
Definitely 2017, DigitalHiss. They announced on social medias that The Howling is their last release of 2016. Which is fine, since this time is so busy with great releases. the poor wallet needs to catch a break.
By deafmetal
I bought this soundtrack last year when it was released as The Hateful Eight.... what, too soon? ;)

This is quite the feat for Waxwork to pull off, as I would guess other labels were also interested in reissuing this monster. I have always considered The Thing to be in the realm of the "untouchables" like The Shining due to rights issues, but it seems to finally be resolved. I am also hoping for an expanded album, and if they really are able to get access to the master tapes that would be simply out of this world. Like many others, I have also enjoyed the expanded Alan Howarth CD, but always wish to hear the original recordings. The mind reels at the overall art design potential, and I'm sure artists would line up around the block to get a chance at this one. That said, I have to agree with @DigitalHiss, I hope it's not too cartoony either, as I think Drew Struzan's original poster art is some of the best ever created for the genre.
By Hatter313
deafmetal wrote:I bought this soundtrack last year when it was released as The Hateful Eight.... what, too soon? ;
Hahahaha, actually i don't think, any of the Thing recycled tracks are actually on that release, are they? if so they are certainly renamed but I thought they weren't on the releases.
By Mateo Sanboval
static14 wrote:Image
I chortled audibly.
By deafmetal
@Hatter - I don't believe so. :) I'm actually really excited to see what makes it onto this new pressing.
By ScoJo
^ It could be a new re-recording with The Horror Master on spoons and Il Maestro farting thru a dusty kazoo and I'd still buy the shit out of this!
By Hatter313
ScoJo wrote:^ It could be a new re-recording with The Horror Master on spoons and Il Maestro farting thru a dusty kazoo and I'd still buy the shit out of this!
I needed this laugh...cheers.