Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By nick1972
exactly the same - Ouch $70 but OUCH $49 shipping!!!

better be good for £98 - yes £98!!!
By Mateo Sanboval
nick1972 wrote:exactly the same - Ouch $70 but OUCH $49 shipping!!!

better be good for £98 - yes £98!!!
F-word.
By scottydoo
yeah its pretty but cant spend $119 shipped to the UK so begrudgingly will leave it :(
By texasvinyl
Should be $22.50 or $34.50 in actual postage, depending on weight. $50 seems like a mistake unless they're sending it priority international instead of first class.

I bagged one but grumble grumble $70 grumble. that's like 1.6 million Dongs!
By NMA
texasvinyl wrote:Should be $22.50 or $34.50 in actual postage, depending on weight. $50 seems like a mistake unless they're sending it priority international instead of first class.

I bagged one but grumble grumble $70 grumble. that's like 1.6 million Dongs!
I guess there's a glitch and I hope they will refund the excess amount :)

Here's my table:

There are 4 shipping rates available for Turkey, starting at $ 57.75.

USPS First-Class Package International Service at $ 57.75
USPS Priority Mail International at $ 63.65
USPS Priority Mail Express International at $ 80.55
USPS Global Express Guaranteed (GXG) at $ 131.25
By The Cult Leader
Deluxe are going fast. Inventory was at 1500 when it first went up. Stock is showing just over 300 copies left.
By deafmetal
It's tough to fault Waxwork for using super-thick Stoughton tip-on gatefold sleeves, with even more "fancy" bits stuck on top of that, but it crushes the USPS international shipping rates once you go above 2 pounds. I wish there was a less expensive shipping option for everybody.

At ~$100 for a single LP this is some serious dedication to Ennio Morricone, Carpenter, The Thing, and lastly Waxwork Records.

edit: sounds like you all might be getting some shipping refunds? Hope so...
By whiney
The breakaway sleeve is waaaaaaay cool, but I cannot fathom how it raises the price $38 from the standard edition
By DigitalHiss
Ordered..

No indication as to when these might start showing up though...

EDIT:
and it looks like the deluxe version is SOLD OUT...
By monsterworship
Some of posts said preorder.
Has anyone seen any indication as to if they were in stock or a ship date?
By liftman2013
bagged a deluxe. but my lip hit the ground at the $49 shipping. that part is getting crazy. i can understand the $70 love for waxwork
By Mateo Sanboval
monsterworship wrote:Some of posts said preorder.
I haven't seen any dates written anywhere yet.
whiney wrote:The breakaway sleeve is waaaaaaay cool, but I cannot fathom how it raises the price $38 from the standard edition
Hear hear.
Last edited by Mateo Sanboval on Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ScoJo
Can I just extend a warm howdy-do to all the Shadow Members who boosted the 'online' figure oh-so-briefly....you make lovin' fun, guys. See you at the next drop!

;-)
By DigitalHiss
monsterworship wrote:Some of posts said preorder.
Everything I've heard is that it is a preorder and have heard no estimate on when they actually ship. I haven't read everything WW has written on this through various social media things so maybe there is a date floating around.
By Mateo Sanboval
Already one on The Bay for a cool $149.99.
By static14
Regular ass copy for me. $70? I have never spent that much on a single record for myself ever.
By Bezulsqy
Waxwork has to be getting a ton of mails about those shipping costs. I can't imagine those being correct.
Oh well.
Motherfucking addiction this soundtrack collecting...
By Occhionero
Of course I did miss the deluxe variant! Early bird announcement wasn't early enough for me. So, if somebody grabbed two and is willing to sell or trade...?!
By Mateo Sanboval
static14 wrote:Regular ass copy for me. $70? I have never spent that much on a single record for myself ever.
It's a remarkable fee for a 1LP release with no real extras save packaging and an interview. I wouldn't care nearly as much, but I have The Fear others might follow their lead. Consider these prices and imagine how much more DWRC could've gotten away with charging for the Twin Peaks score than they did.
By deafmetal
@static @Mateo - Fair points, but considering a standard version was also available, it's not like they went for a full-out "deluxe only" gouge. I will always advocate for a $15-20 black vinyl retail edition though.
By NathanLurker
Grabbed a deluxe in between work tasks, I'm glad I was able to grab one but yeah it's bittersweet, that pricetag is high, that shipping cost is very high, even to Canada. It's $36.50USD. cray - zay. it ended up being 130$CAD. If it wasn't THE THING, I would have just waited for the retail. the booklet is really the incentive that I didn't want to pass on. I got fatigue from having theses really expensive prices that keep going up. Even with relatively simple packages some titles like the Marvel Luke Cake and Jessica Jones scores are reaching really expensive price, even on retail. It might be different for US residents but with the exchange rate and shipping cost, here in canada I've paid 60$CAD for Luke Cage, while I can get an Invada 2LP release for something between 30 to 40$CAD.

The regular THING would have been cheaper, but still too expensive once you add shipping.