Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ScoJo
@mateo -

Funny - I guestimated that this was going to be around $65, based on previous deluxe editions (Looper/Mondo = $60, F13th/Waxwork = $65, Warriors/Waxwork = £$120...) but the thing (aherm) which really stings me is this shipping malarky. I mean, how the heck can you justify $50 (or more) to ship a single record overseas? That's more than crazy.....it's indefensible.

Well let's see what WW have to say once the dust has settled eh?
By Mateo Sanboval
ScoJo wrote:@mateo -

Funny - I guestimated that this was going to be around $65, based on previous deluxe editions (Looper/Mondo = $60, F13th/Waxwork = $65, Warriors/Waxwork = £$120...) but the thing (aherm) which really stings me is this shipping malarky. I mean, how the heck can you justify $50 (or more) to ship a single record overseas? That's more than crazy.....it's indefensible.

Well let's see what WW have to say once the dust has settled eh?
Indeed. I don't know a ton about international shipping rates, but that is a lot higher than anything I've personally encountered, shipping or receiving. My guess is, if it turns out that it is an error, WW will make good by refunding folks.
By deafmetal
USPS First Class Int'l rates to the UK:
2-3 pounds - $34.50
3-4 pounds - $49.50
4+ pounds - you have to ship using Priority Mail

After looking at a couple Instagram comments (ye gods), I just want to say how much I appreciate this forum. Cheers, gents.
Last edited by deafmetal on Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ChrisMcQueen007
Congrats to all who were able to bag a deluxe version. I didn't - just too much with the shipping, can't justify this kind of money to myself for a rerelease.
So will wait til the regular edition is available instore or online locally.
By Hatter313
deafmetal wrote:USPS First Class Int'l rates to the UK:
2-3 pounds - $34.50
3-4 pounds - $49.50

After looking at a couple Instagram comments (ye gods), I just want to say how much I appreciate this forum. Cheers, gents.

I went over to the Instagram to see...whooo boy. interesting that a lot of people seem to equate a pre-order with a press on demand model, but i've never found that to be the case with vinyl. Am I wrong on that? to me, Pre-order just means the wax isn't in-hand yet vs ready to ship.
By ScoJo
deafmetal wrote:USPS First Class Int'l rates to the UK:
2-3 pounds - $34.50
3-4 pounds - $49.50

Thanks for the Intel M. I'm now really looking forward to my 4lb record ( or a record with a bag of sugar taped to it!) ;-)
By deafmetal
@ScoJo - Haha, sometimes I am surprised at how heavy these things can be. Guess we will see if the deluxe package came in at three or four pounds here shortly.

Also, regarding the base price, I can't imagine this was an "inexpensive" license from Universal. Food for thought.

/devilsadvocate ;)
By DigitalHiss
It looks like scalpers really took the air out of this release for a lot of people. Is there anything preventing someone from entering "quantity: 20" in their cart? Are there $200+ ebay sellers just pulling people's legs since they don't actually have the vinyl in hand?
By chandler75
I doubt that after a number of years in the business, WW would still make shipping mistakes. Maybe it is that expensive, maybe not. Maybe WW is also making some cash on the shipping costs. They wouldn't be the first label to do so.

When I logged in the deluxe was still available, but I passed. Cool as hell packaging, but with shipping and local taxes it would come to UDS 170. That's more than what I paid for the blood filled F13 second hand (which was limited to 100 vs this not really that limited 1500).

I also passed on the regular version, and since it doesn't look like this will become avaialbe in retail, I might have to track down the original vinyl, which might actually be cheaper now :)
By bpwlogan
I missed out on the deluxe. I wish Waxwork would give us a heads up on when the drop might be, but that's probably not a realistic business practice for them in all reality. I'm just glad there was a repress on this one. Hope you guys that snagged a deluxe edition are happy with the product when it arrives.
By Peek-a-boo
I ordered the white variant which was the only other option after the deluxe sold out. Is this actually a limited record? In hindsight, I should probably have waited until it hits UK shores to avoid import duty.
The shipping was $22 for standard shipping to U.K. Unless I've made a mistake?
By Mateo Sanboval
texasvinyl wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/BQddCMXjEVG/

Comments on their ig are a laugh riot, feel the hate flow though you!!!!
spookyhorror666: You guys suck
HAHAHAHAHA
texasvinyl wrote::::Makes troglodyte scream from Bone Tomahawk:::
chandler75 wrote:I also passed on the regular version, and since it doesn't look like this will become avaialbe in retail, I might have to track down the original vinyl, which might actually be cheaper now :)
Why'd you skip out on the "snow" variant, Chandler?
By slik
Don't get the hate and vitriol on the not so social media. Looks like subbers missed on the drop by not clicking the right link to checkout......done it myself before. If you go to basket checkout after the early bird notification it will tell you "sold out". You need to use the links in the description text. This was an expensive, yet pain free order. SUB?.....worth the investment, though I would say $65 postage to the UK is a tad steep.
By ScoJo
Peek-a-boo wrote:I ordered the white variant which was the only other option after the deluxe sold out. Is this actually a limited record? In hindsight, I should probably have waited until it hits UK shores to avoid import duty.
The shipping was $22 for standard shipping to U.K. Unless I've made a mistake?
Shipping of the standard = $22
Shipping of the Deluxe = $49
By sonnydexter
Funny thing is I feel slightly better about paying $70 + the most expensive UK shipping ever after seeing that Im clearly not the only one.

How many told their other half how much they just spent on a record though, huh??? haha
By liftman2013
Good ol Waxwork look like they are trying to address the flipper issue though... good on them...
By Mateo Sanboval
liftman2013 wrote:Good ol Waxwork look like they are trying to address the flipper issue though... good on them...
How so, Liftman? Good on 'em though.
By slik
sonnydexter wrote:Funny thing is I feel slightly better about paying $70 + the most expensive UK shipping ever after seeing that Im clearly not the only one.

How many told their other half how much they just spent on a record though, huh??? haha
Silence is Golden, apparently....
By liftman2013
I think they are trying to track flippers accounts through ebay

they have made some comments on facebook that they are 'on it'
By chiefbrody
Can't believe both variants have sold out. I've totally slept on this. Haven't been on the forum since this morning. I'm glad it removed the temptation to drop £100 on a Deluxe (delivered), but I wanted a standard. I assume there will be retail copies, though I suspect it'll be about £40? Glad some folks on here for them and they didn't all go to flippers.
By monsterworship
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
liftman2013 wrote:Good ol Waxwork look like they are trying to address the flipper issue though... good on them...
How so, Liftman? Good on 'em though.
Not sure how they are trying to address it or why when they:

1) Make no indication in the description that you can't buy more than one or put any limit on quantities
2) No code is in place for stopping you from buying more than one (there is an addon feature in shopify that can do this)

granted it is dumb for internet trolls to gloat that they bought multiples or list them when they are not in hand.
By monsterworship
Also the white version is still available through Light In The Attic and it lists 2/17 as an approx. ship date.
By Mateo Sanboval
liftman2013 wrote:I think they are trying to track flippers accounts through ebay

they have made some comments on facebook that they are 'on it'
Gotcha. I just read that. Doesn't really address the issue though; just swats a few flies who are pre-selling their multiple copies and only those dumb enough to be easily traceable back to their Waxwork orders at that. If I bout four copies today and waited until they arrived to flip them, I'd be in the relative clear. If they really want to stop the flipping, they should probably should put a cap on copies per order or address. I'm not really bothered by that stuff those. Flippers gon' flip.