Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By reddye6
The Cult Leader wrote:
FB_IMG_1487110015693.jpg
One, fuck this knob.

Two, I highly, highly doubt that WW did anything remotely like phishing (actually baiting someone to get their personal, private information) and simply did something called "looking and comparing." Of course, that's an assumption on my part, but I'm giving WW the benefit of the doubt over this douche nozzle.
By Jeff
Kenneth asks for homework after the bell rings. Kenneth says things like "I'm not racist, BUT..." Don't be like Kenneth.
By DigitalHiss
Capping the number of units per household would have solved much of this.

I'm curious as to what this repress will be (more deluxe? more white? something different..?)
By Mateo Sanboval
DigitalHiss wrote:Capping the number of units per household would have solved much of this.

I'm curious as to what this repress will be (more deluxe? more white? something different..?)
They definitely said it included the deluxe so my guess would be both.
By DigitalHiss
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
DigitalHiss wrote:Capping the number of units per household would have solved much of this.

I didn't see that anywhere from WW (but a lot of ppl asking on FB and IG at least), thanks...

After all this I hope the damn thing sounds great! No one has even heard it yet!
By Mateo Sanboval
DigitalHiss wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:

I didn't see that anywhere from WW (but a lot of ppl asking on FB and IG at least), thanks...

After all this I hope the damn thing sounds great! No one has even heard it yet!
Not that the masses ever come to a consensus on this sort of thing. I still can't believe the wide array of anecdotal reviews the two TP releases have gotten.
By bpwlogan
I just assume the deluxe will be included tomorrow because it was listed at the end of the preorder email update that was sent out today. I'll snag a deluxe if I can, but if not I already have the standard edition. I'm just glad WW went after some of these flippers. I can't stand those people.
By goodnightcigarettes
If you're thinking dollars and cents here (and long-term investment), buying an original is the smart move. The original will ALWAYS be more valuable over time, yet everyone seems to forget that these reissue-heavy days. I understand why you'd want to pick up the WW version if you can't track down an OG, but spending a stupid amount of cash on this also seems a bit silly (and buying a second copy is even sillier). Yes, the WW art is great, but it still doesn't touch the original. And "remastered for vinyl" is kind of BS if you ask me.
By bpwlogan
@goodnightcigarettes-The original MCA edition of The Thing is going for around $60-$100. That's a little too much for me to spend on a used vinyl. I think if these soundtrack reissue labels were using the original covers of the first press you would see a drop in value of the original pressing.

I agree with you by the way, in most cases I like the the original cover art over the art work that covers most of these reissues. Not in this case though.
By Mateo Sanboval
Ah, the Nice Price.
By bpwlogan
^ funny Mateo. There was someone selling a sealed copy with a price tag on it like that one for $150 the other day. Crazy!
By Mateo Sanboval
bpwlogan wrote:^ funny Mateo. There was someone selling a sealed copy with a price tag on it like that one for $150 the other day. Crazy!
Oh, it's the same one.
By bpwlogan
Ok, lol..that's just nuts. I would be surprised if someone bought that. There's a sealed Varese Sarabande copy of Evil Dead 2 on eBay for $199. Maybe I'll jump on that one tomorrow:)
By goodnightcigarettes
@bpwlogan Fair enough on preferring WW's art. To me, the OG is just so classic and perfect. If I didn't already have one, I would be all over this reissue.

But a reissue — same or different cover as an original — just rarely ever surpasses the value of an original over time (whether that even matters or not). I mean, that's why there are old collector dudes still going on about matrix numbers and other such craziness.

I just think that when these reissues first come out, people have a way of getting swept up in it all and forget that. I just can't see WW's crazy deluxe version (and definitely not the normal version) ever becoming more valuable than an original copy, slipcase or not, over the years. And that's a good thing to keep in mind with these things, especially if you're forced to deal with some crazy eBay flipper.
By bpwlogan
@goodnightcigaretts-I hear you on the reissue craze. In most cases a reissue won't surpass the value of an original it'll just bring down the peak value of that original press. I've noticed this with the records I've picked up the last 25 years. There's a before reissue value, and then a value after. Most of my original rock albums will lose about 1/3 of their value after a reissue. In all reality I don't really care. It's all about the music.

Soundtracks seem to maintain their full value. I think because of the cover art, but who knows.
I never thought I'd see the reissues I've seen in the past seven years or so. It's truly amazing!

@skeletonbutt-thanks for the heads up on the drop time!
By skeletonbutt
I had the deluxe added to my cart but abandoned it after I realized with the currency conversion I was looking at $140 Canadian, not to mention any taxes/duty that I would have to pay once it entered the country.
By texasvinyl
So the social media comments now seem to be "F U waxwork, I refreshed my browser a million times on Monday and I could have just waited!!!" And "wahhhhh, they are making more?!? I spent $70 because it was supposed to be "limited" and now there are lots of copies!!!! Wahhhhh"

Negative babies abound. Negbies
By slik
Just scrolled the face book bullshit, can't do right by some folk. Deluxe to me doesn't mean limited. I could not care less that WW are repressing for demand. Good on ya!
By Hatter313
since i don't really intend to sell these things at any point in the near future, I don't understand the need to have everything be limited. The more available something is, the less I have to fight people for it or worry about a crazy aftermarket. It really ok with me if you have everything I have, my copy is no less special than it being 1/1000 vs 1/10. sure the exclusivity is cool and thrilling, but its not a deal breaker for me if "the masses" can get their hands on it too.

oh well.